LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Is this a known Craigslist scam?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #41
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Rule of thumb, if they refer to what you are selling as "item" and never talk about any specific details of what it actually is- TOTALLY a scam.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #42
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm late to this party, but if there is ever really bad grammar it's a scam or a retard and you don't need to be dealing with them.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #43
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
I know I'm late to this party, but if there is every really bad grammar it's a scam or a retard you don't need to be dealing with.
I find this ironic...
Old 07-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #44
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
I find this ironic...
Damn it Jamie! I'm at work and typing fast.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #45
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know I'm late to this party, but if there is every really bad grammar it's a scam or a retard you don't need to be dealing with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
I find this ironic...
Quote:
Old 07-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #46
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #47
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just got this email this morning for some floor mats I was selling:

"Hello!
Thanks for getting back to me let's do like this, actually now
I'm not in town for now, I came to visit my family so i wont be able
to meet with you to see the item but am ok with the price as seen on
the advert. I don't mind to give you $50 to withdraw the advert for
you to see how serious I am in the transaction, I will contact my
secretary to issuing a Check out to you and when you received the
check I will make arrangement for pick up. So get back to me with
below details to be on the check asap.

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you
and I will let you know when its mailed out. I need you to be honest
with the sale as I am a God fearing person.Note you don't need to worry
about shipping the items for me as soon as you have the check and have
the check cash my shipper will come over for pick up

Thanks
God Bless"Here's the f'ers email if anyone feels like telling them where to stick it...
> Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:38:25 -0700
> Subject: Re: Front all weather rubber floor mats for Tacoma '05-12
> From: olayemisulaiman@gmail.com
Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #48
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadSurfTaco View Post

"Hello!

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:

Thanks
God Bless"Here's the f'ers email if anyone feels like telling them where to stick it...
Then you take the email addy and google it...

http://www.vspotlounge.com/forums/sh...-gonna-scam-me
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #49
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Then you take the email addy and google it...

http://www.vspotlounge.com/forums/sh...-gonna-scam-me
I like their plan of action back lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #50
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

"Hello!

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:

Thanks
Make him send the cheque to a work address or something, then when he emails again, tell him you didn't get it. After he has sent you a couple, and you've cost him a few bucks, send his shipper to the address of the local Hell's Angels clubhouse (that's what I do with the duct cleaning pricks that keep calling me)
Old 07-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #51
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
It has to be a scam because the dude can't speak and write English.

I don't quite understand how he's going to make money though. Does the check bounce and then they have the merchandise to resell? Seems like a bunch of hassle.

Usually don't they try to get you to cash a check for more than you're asking and then send them the difference?
Yes. My wife received a cashiers check drawn on a well known bank back east. The check itself was real, and actually drawing from General Motors for something that had nothing to do with them. We calle3d the bank, gave them the info, and they told us the chack would fund our account, then bounce at the originating bank.

We caught it for the scam it was, and shredded the check.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #52
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
I listed a car for sale on craigslist before, I had all kinds of calls,
fake ones, people wanting to sell it for me lol
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #53

Just got a new one today that has to be a scam. Guy offering me GOLD GOLD for a set of poker chips, some older poker books and mags...
Old 08-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #54
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got a new one today that has to be a scam. Guy offering me GOLD GOLD for a set of poker chips, some older poker books and mags...
I prefer platinum gold
Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #55
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Something else I heard on the news about craigslist. Thieves will post a car or something for sale that is a pretty good deal so when you go to where they have you go they rob you.The story I heard was of an Acura for sale for $4700.00 the thief had the buyer go to a really nice neighborhood so they wouldn't suspect anything.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #56
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Something else I heard on the news about craigslist. Thieves will post a car or something for sale that is a pretty good deal so when you go to where they have you go they rob you.The story I heard was of an Acura for sale for $4700.00 the thief had the buyer go to a really nice neighborhood so they wouldn't suspect anything.
Ya... that's very common.

Never take cash when first going to look at a used car.

If the car is not parked IN a driveway... and if you see other cars that look a bit out of place, walk away.

Also....
There are unlicensed dealers that will park their inventory on a public street and arrange to meet their customers there. I was working an intersection and noticed about 12 cars with 4-sale signs. Between the 12 cars, there were probably 6 different phone numbers.
Two cars pull up, guys get out, and one starts taking the other around to look at several of them. Test drove 3 different cars before they both left.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #57
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
SCAM

What's the email addy you were given?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #58

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
johnpileks@gmail.com

I replied back:

"If you want the item you'll have to meet me to pick it up. I take cash only.

Thanks"

http://tk1622-craigslistscammers.blo...-scammers.html

Over payment scam