Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

This world is weird...

Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow This world is weird...

Ok, so I'm watching the news and I see the old school bus moniter lady get bullied and called names which does suck, and people see it on youtube or the news or wherever and feel bad and send her $, so much in fact she's now retiring since she scored $700,000. Great for her!

Now the shooting in Colorado...there's a gal who lost her 6 year old daughter, and also her baby in her womb. Is anyone going to send her any money for her grief that I know has to be 10000000000000 times worse than what the old bus lady felt. My guess is probably not. I don't get it.

This world and the people in it continue to baffle me every day.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
'murica
Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think about stuff like that all of the time and bottom line is we live in a f---ed up world where selfishness is all around us and morals are just out the windows these days. For example look at our future children these days, no morals, no ethics, no respect for elders and no respect for rules or laws. Our generations are getting worse and worse every year.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
everyone is that was in the theatre is suing anyone they can and they'll all end up millionaires.
Doubtful... who are they going to sue? The nutcase that shot the place up... They might make out alright with life insurance payouts but I doubt they all end up rich.

Beefed, kinda puts things back into perspective... messed up world we live in.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Doubtful... who are they going to sue? The nutcase that shot the place up... They might make out alright with life insurance payouts but I doubt they all end up rich.

X2. I dont see who they will be able to sue and what are they suing for? It wasnt really anyones fault that this happened. Just a friggin nutcase that went ballistic!! Wouldnt surprise me though if some of them did try and sue. Seems like anyone will sue for anything just to try and make money these days. Douches.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Ok, so I'm watching the news and I see the old school bus moniter lady get bullied and called names which does suck, and people see it on youtube or the news or wherever and feel bad and send her $, so much in fact she's now retiring since she scored $700,000. Great for her!

Now the shooting in Colorado...there's a gal who lost her 6 year old daughter, and also her baby in her womb. Is anyone going to send her any money for her grief that I know has to be 10000000000000 times worse than what the old bus lady felt. My guess is probably not. I don't get it.

Good call.....
Old 07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post

You said it, we all have seen it on youtube. Thats the power of video.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #10
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2. I dont see who they will be able to sue and what are they suing for? It wasnt really anyones fault that this happened. Just a friggin nutcase that went ballistic!! Wouldnt surprise me though if some of them did try and sue. Seems like anyone will sue for anything just to try and make money these days. Douches.
There are already lawsuits.. Suing the theater, the shooter's alleged doctor/psychologists and someone else I can't remember.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
There are already lawsuits.. Suing the theater, the shooter's alleged doctor/psychologists and someone else I can't remember.
Okay I can kinda see people trying to sue the doctor/psychologists, but the theater?!?!?! WTF could they have done to prevent this???? Its a friggin movie theater not a battle field!! What...were they supposed to have armed security guards at every single entrance and exit armed with assault rifles wearing tactical gear "just in case" a lunatic wanted to break in and shoot everyone?!?! I swear that just pisses me off....just shows you how many douche bags are seriously out there and using any excuse to come out on top with money they dont deserve in the first place. Sorry for the rant but thats just BS if you ask me.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like WWfirefighter said though, there will always be lawsuits but they're not going to gain much ground suing the theatre. The Doctor's insurance might have a set payout or settlement but I don't think they're all going to be millionaires out of this ordeal and some will be outright screwed because their primary income earner may have been killed and no money for lawsuits or no life insurance.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay I can kinda see people trying to sue the doctor/psychologists, but the theater?!?!?! WTF could they have done to prevent this???? Its a friggin movie theater not a battle field!! What...were they supposed to have armed security guards at every single entrance and exit armed with assault rifles wearing tactical gear "just in case" a lunatic wanted to break in and shoot everyone?!?! I swear that just pisses me off....just shows you how many douche bags are seriously out there and using any excuse to come out on top with money they dont deserve in the first place. Sorry for the rant but thats just BS if you ask me.
Something about the exit should have been armed. As for the psychologists, I think it was along the lines of "they should have known".. Which is crazy. Plus, I don't think there has been anything saying he even had a psychologist yet.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like WWfirefighter said though, there will always be lawsuits but they're not going to gain much ground suing the theatre. The Doctor's insurance might have a set payout or settlement but I don't think they're all going to be millionaires out of this ordeal and some will be outright screwed because their primary income earner may have been killed and no money for lawsuits or no life insurance.
Oh I know, was just pointing out that even though it was no one else's fault, people can and will still sue.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Something about the exit should have been armed. As for the psychologists, I think it was along the lines of "they should have known".. Which is crazy. Plus, I don't think there has been anything saying he even had a psychologist yet.
Yeah no Jasmine I wasnt ranting at you or anything but just the whole situation so hope you didnt feel like I was upset towards you.

Yeah something about the exits having alarms on them but even if they were alarmed and an alarm went off, do you seriously think a crowded theater would jump out of their seats and head for the exit doors behind them?? Okay so lets say the doors were alarmed....shooter kicks door in...takes 1/2 a second...alarm sounds...another 1/2 second....shooter runs into the front section of the theater....3 seconds.....and within that time frame all those people would have been able to make it out of the theater before he started shooting??.....I think not.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah no Jasmine I wasnt ranting at you or anything but just the whole situation so hope you didnt feel like I was upset towards you.

Yeah something about the exits having alarms on them but even if they were alarmed and an alarm went off, do you seriously think a crowded theater would jump out of their seats and head for the exit doors behind them?? Okay so lets say the doors were alarmed....shooter kicks door in...takes 1/2 a second...alarm sounds...another 1/2 second....shooter runs into the front section of the theater....3 seconds.....and within that time frame all those people would have been able to make it out of the theater before he started shooting??.....I think not.
Didn't think you were, was just answering the question and playing what if's with you. I think the lawsuit is kind of ridiculous.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I know, was just pointing out that even though it was no one else's fault, people can and will still sue.
Sadly, you're correct on that one. And also sadly for the victims in this case, there isn't really anyone that can be sued and no amount of money is going to undo what's been done.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

A guy is suing the theatre for not having enough security thus resulting in emotional stress from witnessing his friend being shot - although he did not die.