Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here work at a bank ?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here work at a bank ?

I have a question about a check that was supposedly issued and fraudulently cashed .
Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Other half is a manager has wells Fargo. What's the question? I'll ask her.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
At wells. Sorry.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I have a client that owes $1300 . He's been blowing smoke about Payment . He's said he finally sent the check out last Thursday and that it has been cashed . The check was his personal check made out to my business . I did not recieve or cash the check . How can someone cash that ? And what happens next if it was cashed fraudulantly . I think he's full of it and is just prolonging not paying . I'd like to know how to counter his verbal claim if I can .
Old 08-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I have a client that owes $1300 . He's been blowing smoke about Payment . He's said he finally sent the check out last Thursday and that it has been cashed . The check was his personal check made out to my business . I did not recieve or cash the check . How can someone cash that ? And what happens next if it was cashed fraudulantly . I think he's full of it and is just prolonging not paying . I'd like to know how to counter his verbal claim if I can .
ask for proof it cleared his account? i believe most banks now have a digital copy of it online next to where it clears. if it did, then the check should show up with a signature on it.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more curious about if it was cashed or deposited fraudulently . Is it insured by the FDIC ? Would someone deposit it in their real account ? How can't they even deposit or cash it with a business name on it . I just want to get paid and some of the last words he said on the phone was " great, that was nearly all the money I had " .
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Bump . All bankers should be off work now .
Old 08-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
First, if you never received it, there's really nothing you can do on your end. (with your bank) If he/she claims that the check has been cashed, request a front and back copy of the PAID check. The stamps on the back will trace where the funds went to. If he yanks your chain about providing you with a copy, then he's BSing you. Next time, ask for a money order or cashiers check.

FYI, account holders can print out a front and back copy of a paid check via online banking. If they live under a rock and do not have online banking, they can request it through their financial institution, but will take a few days to get.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
First, if you never received it, there's really nothing you can do on your end. If he/she claims that the check has been cashed, request a front and back copy of the CASHED check. The stamps on the back will trace where the funds went to. If he yanks your chain about providing you with a copy, then he's BSing you. Next time, ask for a money order or cashiers check.
bout all there is to know there ^^

in this modern day and age he's sure to have online banking. and, if like my bank, that check copy will be available for him to print anywhere he was internet. ask him for what's stamped, or who signed on the back.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ok . I pretty much knew all that already . I'm more thinking if it is fraud . Is the money returned to the issuer of the check , how long will it take to resolve fraud etc . I guess I need to see what he says next .
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
If the check has been fraudulently cashed, the funds will be returned to the paying bank once recovered and then would have to be verified with the maker. If this is the case, the maker will have to re-issue a new check.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
if indeed it was cashed by a third party then the original guy that owes you money would contact his bank and handle everything. He would be reimbursed from the bank and then be able to pay you.

If he isnt wanting to pay take him to small claims court. Give him the name of your lawyer and tell him to expect a call next week.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
I work for the FDIC. It's not at all FDIC insured...that's not what the insurance is for. Another topic for a different day.

From your perspective, you still haven't gotten your funds and I'd still demand payment. If he's serious about it being cashed and made out to you, then it should be extremely easy for him to get a copy of the check and start a dispute for fraud, at which point the bank which honored the fraudulent check would be liable.

In all honesty, if his check was really stolen and cashed fraudulently, he should be more proactive than it sounds like he is being. If a business that I sent a check to was claiming that they didn't get payment even though I sent them a check and it cleared, you best believe I'd be calling my bank ASAP.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
If they live under a rock and do not have online banking, they can request it through their financial institution, but will take a few days to get.
Any bank can get you an image of one of your checks in a matter of seconds.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #15
--- --- --- - ----

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
Any bank can get you an image of one of your checks in a matter of seconds.
If he walks into a branch, sure.