Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

tasco worldclass rifle scope

Old 07-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
tasco worldclass rifle scope

for any of the shooters and hunters on here......has anyone had any experience with this scope? i found a place i can get it from for $52 and shipping. i will be putting it on my remington 7400 .270semi auto, to replace a worn out old tasco scope. the one im getting is a 4-16x40 with a 30/30 reticle. just wondering if anyone has any realtime experience with one, as ive shot my buddys 30/30 with one(3-9x40), and that was an awesome scope as far as i could tell.

oh yeah, it will be for deer hunting, by the way!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
only scope i have is a leupold and its on my .270. its been so long since i've actually shot it, i cant remember the model of the scope
Old 07-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
iF IT'S $52.00 IT AINT NO GOOD!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
iF IT'S $52.00 IT AINT NO GOOD!!!!
they are normally around 90 to 110$, but i said i can get it for $52!

the tasco bucksight that i got from walmart for $30 a few years ago for my 30/30 still works like a champ, and its been beat all to hell. still clear as can be up to 150 yards also.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt sound like a bad buy then. i know nothing about it but if your old one is holding up then $52bucks isn't bad.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
doesnt sound like a bad buy then. i know nothing about it but if your old one is holding up then $52bucks isn't bad.
yeah, i think im gonna go ahead and order it and a couple of scope covers to go with it. i forgot to mention it has a light up red reticle(well,maybe not red, maybe red/orange) that will be a nice feature for low light conditions.

it has to be better than the old simmons scope i used to have on my marlin 30/30........that thing was so old that the outer eye piece ring broke off, and everything looked fuzzy at 50 yards. ill let ya know how it sights in!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #7
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Busnell for my 17 cal. and i paid about $200 for it. Great scope.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
They dont call 'em Trashco for nuttin, JK. Just go for a Leupold Mk4M1 like I did.

Actually, for a .270 it should be fine.

Ted

EDIT: for low $$ I would go with a Super Sniper. They are cheap and I hear nothing but good things about them.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoarezee View Post
leopold all the way. got one on my .223, .243 and .270. the best scopes i have ever used.
yeah, the leupolds are definitely nice, but i cant really afford the leupold that i wanted........it is very expensive, and the wifey says no!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Tasco I bought for $60 CAD on my .22 semi-auto. It works great. Then again with a semi-auto and a banana clip you really only have to be close, one of the shots will hit the target.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #12
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah, the leupolds are definitely nice, but i cant really afford the leupold that i wanted........it is very expensive, and the wifey says no!!
You can get a Leu VX-II 3-9x40mm for around $250-300. I had one for years on a .308 Rem 700 and sold it. I wish i diddnt though. Excellent glass.

Ted
Old 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
Well you can look at it like this. for 50 bucks if it doesnt hold up after a few shots then you only out $50. try that first. i cant tell you how many scopes i have laying around. there is nothing more frustrating then trying to sight in a rifle or pistol and watching the shots dog off the paper because they can not hold zero. I am sure that it will work fine. but i would invest in a good set of rings. thats also may by the reason why i have so many scopes. it took me a few hundred dollars to figure out that lesson.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
Well you can look at it like this. for 50 bucks if it doesnt hold up after a few shots then you only out $50. try that first. i cant tell you how many scopes i have laying around. there is nothing more frustrating then trying to sight in a rifle or pistol and watching the shots dog off the paper because they can not hold zero. I am sure that it will work fine. but i would invest in a good set of rings. thats also may by the reason why i have so many scopes. it took me a few hundred dollars to figure out that lesson.

good way to look at it man!! the rings i have on my .270 are actually pretty solid also. they are the type that are raised so that you can use your ironsights(forget what make they are though...i need to look).
Old 08-15-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a Leupold or Redfield.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 AM   #16
Banned
tacomaclay is on a distinguished road
tacomaclay's Tacoma Gallery
Taso is a good cheap reliable brand.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaclay View Post
Taso is a good cheap reliable brand.
i actually decided against getting a tasco. bushnell bought them out, so tasco warranty isnt worth too much now. i think ive settled on the bsa sweet .270, which has turrets that you simply change out, and basically you are always dead on zero, with either 130 or 150 grain bullets! looks like a well made scope. its between that and a bushnell banner 4x12-40 that has dawn and dusk brightness, or a nikon buckmasters or pro staff, all at decent prices!!

now, next year, im saving my money up for a nikon monarch.........now those are sweet scopes.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance
TACOMATruckin98 is on a distinguished road
TACOMATruckin98's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TACOMATruckin98
check out optics planet, ive heard lots of great things about bsa sweet series scopes, shot a .17hmr with the sweet 17, its a dead on, but, not much zoom on this one, also, check out the barska varmint scopes, heard lots great about them http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-v...le-scopes.html
Old 09-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #19

well, i finally settled on a scope. its a bushnell banner(kinda lower end, but im not worried), 3x9-40 with dusk and dawn brightness lenses. very clear scope, so i should be good to go. it was only $70 and some change, and since i bought it from a certain place, they went ahead and boresighted it for me. im gonna go and zero it in on monday, since im off work. gun season here starts in about a month and a half, so i reckon we will see how well this scope holds its zero.

here is a link to the one i got........

http://www.bushnell.com/general/rifl...er_71-3944.cfm
Old 09-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #20
Banned
ghostsix is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: A WI farm, Sonora, Sedona, Lake Havesue and Canyon Lake.
ghostsix's Tacoma Gallery
I use Leopold&Stevens, Baush&Lome and Redfield.
There are other good ones out there such as Carl Ziess who made my binoculars. But you spend a lot of time looking through binoculars.
Few eyes can use better than a Leopold Vari X111.