Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

WHich Service and Phone

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
WHich Service and Phone

ok so i have been with tmobile for quiet a few years now and im ending my contract soon. i am not sure if i should re-sign the contract and stay with them or should i switch to att. The prices of the plans i want are pretty much the same. Im not too happy with Tmobile's network issues and call drops. I am looking into getting 2 phones not sure which one i want.

Iphone 4s Vs Galaxy s3 ... ATT carries both and will only be 200 per phone where tmobile only carries galaxy s3 and wants 250 for the phone. I need some help and feedback from you guys
Old 08-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Stalker View Post
ok so i have been with tmobile for quiet a few years now and im ending my contract soon. i am not sure if i should re-sign the contract and stay with them or should i switch to att. The prices of the plans i want are pretty much the same. Im not too happy with Tmobile's network issues and call drops. I am looking into getting 2 phones not sure which one i want.

Iphone 4s Vs Galaxy s3 ... ATT carries both and will only be 200 per phone where tmobile only carries galaxy s3 and wants 250 for the phone. I need some help and feedback from you guys
I'd take a Galaxy S3 over an iphone 4s. Much faster.

AT&T's LTE network is supposed to be very fast but make sure it's in your area before deciding. If you can wait, I'd wait for the iPhone 5 to come out. It'll be a more fair comparison. It's expected to be out in September.

I've read that Verizon has 4G LTE in your area so don't overlook them as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Use anyone but AT&T. Worst carrier I've ever had.

And don't take my word for it:

http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/06/at...sumer-reports/

They also split it up by 20 or so different metropolitan areas, and AT&T was last in every single one. I can take a picture of the page from consumer report when I get home if folks like.

It's really an incredible feat to be that horrible of a company.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
AT&T has the worst coverage here
That's what I used to say (emphasis on "here") before I moved a few times. I've come to realize that they have the worst coverage just about anywhere you go.

At my last house I didn't get any signal at all. And at my new house, I get service at least, but the 3g is about half as slow as my wife's verizon. Hell, at the Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, you can't even make a phone call with AT&T.

I have this recurring nightmare where I drive 5 miles outside of town here and need to call an ambulance, and I die instead, because of AT&T.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Use anyone but AT&T. Worst carrier I've ever had.

And don't take my word for it:

http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/06/at...sumer-reports/

They also split it up by 20 or so different metropolitan areas, and AT&T was last in every single one. I can take a picture of the page from consumer report when I get home if folks like.

It's really an incredible feat to be that horrible of a company.
That one is actually old. There's a newer one on Consumer Reports' site and even that one dates back almost a year (sept 2011). They still rank last but there's not as much black. I've been with them for almost 2 years now and haven't had any issues with them.

My wife works for the company as a service/sales rep.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
That one is actually old. There's a newer one on Consumer Reports' site and even that one dates back almost a year (sept 2011). They still rank last but there's not as much black. I've been with them for almost 2 years now and haven't had any issues with them.

My wife works for the company as a service/sales rep.
Wasn't sure if that was the old one or new one. It's the only one I could find in a google image search.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
I wish the WHOLE world could co back to just house phones and answering machines. Haha, much simpler days.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I think he will have a hard time getting Telus in Texas
May have to pay a bit more , granted
Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
AT&T. HTC One X 4G