Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Mathematic Minor

Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Mathematic Minor

So I have a question about my schoolin and what should do?!
I will be a senior mechanical engineering student this fall 2012 I have 16 more hours until I complete this degree.
But I was looking the other day and I need 2 classes (applied stats and college geometry) to earn my minor in mathematics.
My first thought was heck ya go ahead and get it, but I just wanted to get some other people's opinions and thoughts.

Will it even be worth my time, effort, and money?

But on the other hand it is something
that I would be very proud of and take a lot of pride in obtaining it?
Old 08-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucksucksnayota View Post
So I have a question about my schoolin and what should do?!
I will be a senior mechanical engineering student this fall 2012 I have 16 more hours until I complete this degree.
But I was looking the other day and I need 2 classes (applied stats and college geometry) to earn my minor in mathematics.
My first thought was heck ya go ahead and get it, but I just wanted to get some other people's opinions and thoughts.

Will it even be worth my time, effort, and money?

But on the other hand it is something
that I would be very proud of and take a lot of pride in obtaining it?
I did the same. I was originally pursuing electrical engineering but changed to computer science. Since I only had to take 2 upper division math classes, I went for the math minor. Whether it does anything or not for you I couldn't say. It does give you the ability to add a little something extra to the resume.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
300rem7 will become famous soon enough

Navy: SSBN 738 (G) Missile Tech
300rem7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
I did the same. I was originally pursuing electrical engineering but changed to computer science. Since I only had to take 2 upper division math classes, I went for the math minor. Whether it does anything or not for you I couldn't say. It does give you the ability to add a little something extra to the resume.
X2. Looks good on the resume. Some companies used to pay more for it from what I understand but with the computer software these days there is not as much need. I believe that the more math you take the easier the engineering classes.