1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stamps.com a ripoff for low-volume

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rich91710, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Aug 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I'm fucking pissed.

I needed to ship a package last June.
    It was not a large package, and I've always disliked getting to the PO with a nicely boxed and addressed package, only to find that there's no space on the box for the postage mailing label with the nice bar codes that gets the package there in 2 days and I have to opt for the smaller postage.

So I figured I'd go ahead and open a Stamps.com account.

Cool beans! Got the guy's address and my return address on the cool bar-coded label, slapped it on, dumped it in the box Saturday, and the guy had it Monday.

I didn't notice.
    It's a $15.99 monthly recurring billing.
    That is the lowest plan you can select.

Didn't even hit me at the time... I read it as $15.99 minimum balance or some such, like my freeway toll transponder account... it gets to $9.99 and they bill me $30... but not every month.

Okay, so I sent one $5 package, and now there's $25 in my Stamps.com account... and I have no way to get that money back! The only thing I can do is print postage with it!

WHAT THE FUCK????? I might ship 3 packages a YEAR... I'm not even going to come close to using $190 in postage every year!

So I call to cancel my account.
    I'm on hold forever, girl answers, asks why, I explain why, she says "Oh, The Pro plan is the lowest we have available online, but we do have lower plans"

"Okay, let's hear them" (on hold for another 5)

"We have one for $9.99"
    "No... that is not acceptable. If I can't just maintain one set balance or buy as needed, you need to cancel my account and you need to refund the money in my account"

"Okay, hold on..." (on hold for another 5)

She comes back, and there's more back and forth with her trying to "qualify" me for some other plan.
    "NO, CANCEL MY FUCKING ACCOUNT RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

"Okay, hold on..." (on hold for another 5)

"We do have a "pay as you go" plan where...."
    "YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT THE $9.99 WAS THE LOWEST PLAN! HAD YOU TOLD ME 15 MINUTES AGO ABOUT THE "PAY AS YOU GO" I'D BE OKAY, BUT NO! CANCEL THE ACCOUNT NOW"
    "When can I expect my credit for the money in the account?"

"That will take 4-6 weeks and it will be in the form of a check"

"Wonderful"

and I hung up.

It's an awesome service if you ship stuff all the time... but if you aren't using $200/year in postage, stay away!

2. Aug 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I find it interesting that you seem to know every piece of gun and vehicle legislation down to the sub - sub clauses off by heart , verbatim , but failed to read this agreement correctly

3. Aug 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Jeez... way to kick a man when he's down :laughing:

4. Aug 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    It's not exactly "out there"
    I'd have to go back through the process and find where the information is... but it was definitely not apparent from the agreement or I would not have signed up.

Gun laws and vehicle codes can get me thrown in jail if I fuck up ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top