Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Wholey Bejeezus!!!........Golf ball testing...

Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
spray paint every couple and use them as "Tracer Rounds"
Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #22
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Chris4X4- Urban Legend in the making.

Film at Eleven.

So you got hit 2.15 times? Pics of the welts/carnage? Were you looking down the barrel?

You should post specs of your set-up: ie, blade type, blade depth (or in this case height), carbide tipped or not, saw rpm's, etc. Should valuable (and I use this term loosely)scientific data be found, we will need to attempt to reproduce your findings.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
HOLY SHIT. this is such great entertainment! please some pics!
Wife wont let me touch her "Good" camera, and the other one lost the ability to focus when I took it boating last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
someones going to get hurt
X2.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #24
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
She wont make me a list. Shes afraid I might F somthing up. Go figure. Im working on an Air cannon for some of these Golf balls, but I think Im gonna need more presure. My compressor cuts out at 135 psi (which is 10 psi into the red), and I think Im gonna need about 150 psi. to do what I have planned.
Dam....I gotta wash the truck!

You F stuff up without the list, not that I am complaining. Carry on our wayward son.

Second, it ain't the PSI, it's the CFM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by betz.steven View Post
spray paint every couple and use them as "Tracer Rounds"
Good idea! I have some Silver paint!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Chris4X4- Urban Legend in the making.

Film at Eleven.

So you got hit 2.15 times? Pics of the welts/carnage? Were you looking down the barrel?

You should post specs of your set-up: ie, blade type, blade depth (or in this case height), carbide tipped or not, saw rpm's, etc. Should valuable (and I use this term loosely)scientific data be found, we will need to attempt to reproduce your findings.
I dont think there are welts. I havent checked. The one that pinged me in the back hurts a bit. There is no barrel. Its a saw.
Specs. RPM: 5400
Blade: 5.25" Carbide
Scientific Data: Ball launch trajectory is soley dependant on ball drop angle. Too far back, ball goes straight up, and assumably, into orbit. To far forward, ball hits saw mounting contraption, and is launched who knows where. Also to note: DO NOT AIM SAW AT A BLOCK WALL. When set to "rapid fire mode" this is how I ended up getting hit. All launches seem to produce a WICKED back spin on the balls. When they hit Asphault, the balls bounce in a direction that cannot be planned for.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #26

Marines:
What if all of TW paid him a set amount, say $5 a head. Wait, better make that $7.50, he is gonna need medical insurance. He could continue his story telling/scientific experiments permanetly, provided he has a working video camera.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
Chris definitely needs a job before he gets a Darwin award.
X2
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #28
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Quote:
What if all of TW paid him a set amount, say $5 a head. Wait, better make that $7.50, he is gonna need medical insurance. He could continue his story telling/scientific experiments permanetly, provided he has a working video camera.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
Chris definitely needs a job before he gets a Darwin award.
I will not receive any Darwin awards.

Quote:
I have FANTASTIC heath insurance. Trust me.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #30

Marines:
Quote:
Good idea! I have some Silver paint!

I dont think there are welts. I havent checked. The one that pinged me in the back hurts a bit. There is no barrel. Its a saw.
My bad. I meant a hypothetical "barrel"
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #31

Quote:
You F stuff up without the list, not that I am complaining. Carry on our wayward son.

Second, it ain't the PSI, it's the CFM.
Good point. Glad I read this before I disabled my regulator.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #32
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Holy FUCK!! You must be friggin rich. Golf balls are pretty expensive LOL
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Holy FUCK!! You must be friggin rich. Golf balls are pretty expensive LOL
I live by a Golf course. I get these balls from people that should be playing on a "Put-put" course..
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymar00n View Post
true, your wife will on behalf of your estate.
bah!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #35

WHOLEYSHIT!
It just dawned on me after answering Klowns post! I think I need to RETURN these balls to the good people on the Golf course! I have a 100' extension cord.........WAIT! I have a CORDLESS SAW!!!! Im going MOBIL!
Thats right. These fuckers have hit me before...time to return the favor!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Now you got me thinking Chris.... I could do this same thing with my table saw... just angle a long PVC tube at the blade and let it roll. Only downside is that the tablesaw is in the garage.... and it would probably put a hole in something. Hmmm..
Yes you could. Get an extension cord. I wish I had a table saw.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #37
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wife wont let me touch her "Good" camera, and the other one lost the ability to focus when I took it boating last.

she doesnt need to know
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #38
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
hahahahah good idea!! now its ur turn to bust a billy madison on their asses!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #39
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
LMAO ROFL I'm sitting in an airport right now the ppl around me must think that I'm "special" cause I'm laughing so hard at a white screen
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #40

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Maybe you could make a mortar type cannon. Drop a ball in that hits a pressure release valve on the inside of pipe - causing the air to be released rapidly in the tube sending the ball flying out!!

HEE-HEE. 0341 baby. Fire for effect.