Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Wholey Bejeezus!!!........Golf ball testing...

Old 01-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Wholey Bejeezus!!!........Golf ball testing...

So, I mounted my circular saw upside down in my Workforce table vice, duct taped the blade gaurd back, turned it on, and lightly threw a golf ball on the blade. That ball SHOT straight up in the air about 80' and had some WICKED revers spin, as when it landed, it shot BACKWARDS twards my house! My neigbors just came home, and they are laughing their asses off!

Im gonna go work on a Fully automatic golf ball feeder. I have some 3" diameter tube Im gonna use for a "magazine". Dont have much for protection, just some welding gear. I'll report back in a while.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
So, I mounted my circular saw upside down in my Workforce table vice, duct taped the blade gaurd back, turned it on, and lightly threw a golf ball on the blade. That ball SHOT straight up in the air about 80' and had some WICKED revers spin, as when it landed, it shot BACKWARDS twards my house! My neigbors just came home, and they are laughing their asses off!

Im gonna go work on a Fully automatic golf ball feeder. I have some 3" diameter tube Im gonna use for a "magazine". Dont have much for protection, just some welding gear. I'll report back in a while.
oooh shit

you REALLY need a camera
Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
please don't EVER get a job!! man you need to get this shit on camera!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
You really should think about getting back to work. We are going to start seeing your pics in that FAILED thread if not.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
oooh shit

you REALLY need a camera
Yes I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Man, I love the fact that you don't have a job right now! Just don't kill yourself so you can keep posting this stuff...
Good point on the not killing self. Im taking off my welding gear, as I just realized that it could get caught in the blade when I drop the balls on it.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you have a grinder, give that a shot, make a double barrel auto. Then you can fire in all directions.

Buy a cup
lol... hell ya!!!

and x2 on getting a cup... lol
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
dont go back to work until i trade in my truck!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OMFG! IM LMAO soooo much right now! This sounds epic chris, where's a vid of this for us? Be safe.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
If you have a grinder, give that a shot, make a double barrel auto. Then you can fire in all directions.

Buy a cup
No grinder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
I hope you know those things hurt like a MOFO when they hit you..
They do leave a nice mark
Found that out just a little bit ago.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #15

Ok. Used some tubing to feed the golf balls. IT WORKED! First attempt not so good. Balls went everywhere. I was hit twice! well........like 2.15 times. One grazed my ear, while another hit me in the shoulder, and as I flinched/turned for cover, I was tagged in the back. Didnt hurt too bad. BUT, I have found out how to AIM this thing. Yes. Aim. Im pretty sure I can pick off a jogger accross the street. On another note. I sent a golf ball somewhere. Not sure where though. It went UP, and I lost it in the sun. I ducked and covered my head, waiting for the impact. Nothing. Never heard it land. It MAY be in orbit.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ok. Used some tubing to feed the golf balls. IT WORKED! First attempt not so good. Balls went everywhere. I was hit twice! well........like 2.15 times. One grazed my ear, while another hit me in the shoulder, and as I flinched/turned for cover, I was tagged in the back. Didnt hurt too bad. BUT, I have found out how to AIM this thing. Yes. Aim. Im pretty sure I can pick off a jogger accross the street. On another note. I sent a golf ball somewhere. Not sure where though. It went UP, and I lost it in the sun. I ducked and covered my head, waiting for the impact. Nothing. Never heard it land. It MAY be in orbit.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
ok your wife needs to have a list of things for you
to do that will keep you busy for the day
AND WASH THE TRUCK
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
HOLY SHIT. this is such great entertainment! please some pics!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
someones going to get hurt
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
ok your wife needs to have a list of things for you
to do that will keep you busy for the day
AND WASH THE TRUCK
She wont make me a list. Shes afraid I might F somthing up. Go figure. Im working on an Air cannon for some of these Golf balls, but I think Im gonna need more presure. My compressor cuts out at 135 psi (which is 10 psi into the red), and I think Im gonna need about 150 psi. to do what I have planned.
Dam....I gotta wash the truck!