Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Lockable glove box?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Lockable glove box?

Is there a way to mod the glove box? Or can I buy a new one with a lock??? I want to have it lockable because im turning 21 soon and will be buying a pistol, and want to put it there when im driving...but don't want nosy friends or family getting in there.. what are my options?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if you want to put a pistol in your truck for personal protection. I wouldn't put it in the glovebox because if you get into a situation where you do have to defend yourself, you will have to reach all the way to the glove box to get it and in a life or death situation seconds count... Ever thought about getting A center console vault?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Well, if you want to put a pistol in your truck for personal protection. I wouldn't put it in the glovebox because if you get into a situation where you do have to defend yourself, you will have to reach all the way to the glove box to get it and in a life or death situation seconds count... Ever thought about getting A center console vault?
Well I have a base reg cab so I don't have the center console
Old 08-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
don't know about a glove box lock, ..but an easier solution might be a small vehicle gun safe, ..i think sentry, gunvault, and others make some that attach to the seat frame w/ a cable.. if you are going to carry, though, the best is in a holster on your person...
Old 08-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
don't know about a glove box lock, ..but an easier solution might be a small vehicle gun safe, ..i think sentry, gunvault, and others make some that attach to the seat frame w/ a cable.. if you are going to carry, though, the best is in a holster on your person...
thats true, well we'll see what happens when i get it
Old 08-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
+1

Gunvault makes a nice sub-notebook-sized case that locks with a 3-digit combination (maybe it's 4?) and has a slot in the side that allows a security cable to pass through.

Wrap the cable around the leg of your seat, lock the cable into the vault, and stash it under the seat.

Guns in glove boxes tend to make cops nervous, even if it is legal in your state (not legal in California without a LTC).
Old 08-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Mount it between your legs on the front of the bench seat, then jsut take it out whenever your not in the truck. That way you can grab that shit quick when your getting mugged