1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lockable glove box?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tacomathunder, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Aug 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    tacomathunder

tacomathunder [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    Is there a way to mod the glove box? Or can I buy a new one with a lock??? I want to have it lockable because im turning 21 soon and will be buying a pistol, and want to put it there when im driving...but don't want nosy friends or family getting in there.. what are my options?

2. Aug 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Well, if you want to put a pistol in your truck for personal protection. I wouldn't put it in the glovebox because if you get into a situation where you do have to defend yourself, you will have to reach all the way to the glove box to get it and in a life or death situation seconds count... Ever thought about getting A center console vault?

3. Aug 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    pop-a-lock on tailgate, tailgate damper by ez down, extang platinum snap tonneau cover, rampage LED light bar, etrailer wiring harness, black led tail lights, tsi clutter catcher center console, griffin itrip ipod player,BHLM,35W DDM Tuning hid's 5000K, Day Time Running Light Mod, New Sony Stereo
    Well I have a base reg cab so I don't have the center console

4. Aug 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    don't know about a glove box lock, ..but an easier solution might be a small vehicle gun safe, ..i think sentry, gunvault, and others make some that attach to the seat frame w/ a cable.. if you are going to carry, though, the best is in a holster on your person...

5. Aug 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    tacomathunder

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 4 cyl reg cab
    thats true, well we'll see what happens when i get it

6. Aug 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    +1

Gunvault makes a nice sub-notebook-sized case that locks with a 3-digit combination (maybe it's 4?) and has a slot in the side that allows a security cable to pass through.

Wrap the cable around the leg of your seat, lock the cable into the vault, and stash it under the seat.

Guns in glove boxes tend to make cops nervous, even if it is legal in your state (not legal in California without a LTC).

7. Aug 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Mount it between your legs on the front of the bench seat, then jsut take it out whenever your not in the truck. That way you can grab that shit quick when your getting mugged

Products Discussed in

To Top