Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A quick/funny read for our friends to the south

Old 08-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #41
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
how so
Dumbass shouldn't have written to the editor.

Dumbasses shouldn't have come across aggressive.

Even more dumbasses should leave their hands out of someone else's business.

It's not because the cop wants to always pull a gun on people, it because he's used to always having it there if he needs to. Sadly he thought writing a letter to explain his irritation with Canadian laws was going to solve the problem. But since laws are different on both sides of the border, the Canadians have their own ways of dealing with things and they have made this a multi-national thing, not the American cop.

Like I said, handled wrong on both sides. IMO.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #42
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigB View Post
Just read this....pretty funny, the guy was asked a simple question and he wanted to reach for his sidearm??

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/08/0...led-on-twitter
Quote:
Lol

'mericuh
What that article and the tweets failed to mention is that tourists visiting the town (to see the Stampede, etc) have been targeted by muggers and similar. That very same newspaper reported a number of those incidents (search the site). Not surprising since tourists are often targeted at vacation destinations around the globe. Those two guys were likely asking about the Stampede to firmly determine the couple were indeed tourists. Why else would they ask a total stranger such questions?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #43
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
What that article and the tweets failed to mention is that tourists visiting the town (to see the Stampede, etc) have been targeted by muggers and similar. That very same newspaper reported a number of those incidents (search the site). Not surprising since tourists are often targeted at vacation destinations around the globe. Those two guys were likely asking about the Stampede to firmly determine the couple were indeed tourists. Why else would they ask a total stranger such questions?
Are you serious ? Why say hi to a stranger on a walking path ?

If these guys were targeting them , why didn't they mug them then ?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #44
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Dumbasses shouldn't have come across aggressive.

Even more dumbasses should leave their hands out of someone else's business.
Thats what I was thinking, what do two grown men care what him and his family are doing.

And people don't just come across as aggressive for no reason. Unless they were salesmen.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #45
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
It must be sad being too afraid to talk to a stranger without a gun , I can't get my head around that
Old 08-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #46
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
This is Canada, not the wild west guys...
Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #47
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It must be sad being too afraid to talk to a stranger without a gun , I can't get my head around that
He's a veteran officer, he's used to having his gun on him on and off duty. He felt confronted...not afraid to talk to a stranger.

I talk to strangers all day long without a gun when I'm off duty....but I hate being confronted by a stranger, in a different area than what I'm used to and not having a means to protect myself within the laws and within my right to do so, so since I can carry a gun, I do.

Different countries, different laws, different mentalities.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #48
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
He's a veteran officer, he's used to having his gun on him on and off duty. He felt confronted...not afraid to talk to a stranger.

I talk to strangers all day long without a gun when I'm off duty....but I hate being confronted by a stranger, in a different area than what I'm used to and not having a means to protect myself within the laws and within my right to do so, so since I can carry a gun, I do.

Different countries, different laws, different mentalities.

I agree with the OZ man, gotta be a stressful life living in fear and determining which firearm to go out for groceries with depending on which terror alert the government has set for the day!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #49

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
different mentalities.
Couldn't agree more
Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #50
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigB View Post
I agree with the OZ man, gotta be a stressful life living in fear and determining which firearm to go out for groceries with depending on which terror alert the government has set for the day!
..is that more or less stressful than being surprised by a gunman entering a building or darkened theater, and being helpless to fight back?... "it'll never happen to me", eh?..

BTW, it's advisable to keep w/in the same "manual of arms" in routine carry... LEO are probably trained in this mindset to some extent...
Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #51
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Or on the other side of the coin, the two guys were probably just a bit liquored up. It was the stampede after all... There could very well have been no threatening intent, but the liquor made them seem threatening to the guy.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #52
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Or it was a couple of Canadians welcoming some strangers to the Stampede. I guess some people arent use to some stranger interaction at public events