Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

College Life (Help Needed)

Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
College Life (Help Needed)

So i leave for Clemson University on the 18th and I want to hear from everyone's college preparation experience what they brought with them and why they did. I have the clothes settled away, i have school supplies(sorta) and that's really about it. I have done my summer work and stuff, just the minute things that i want to make sure i grab before i leave so comment below! thanks

Cam.

Update 8.19.12

Well guys I've moved in and I dont have a roommate A spare bed for other uses

I think i've got everything ive needed. Thanks everyone and if you have anything to add,

don't hesistate to post/comment
Old 08-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Condoms
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
microwave, toaster, fridge, trash can, sheets, computer, TV, etc.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Condoms
Covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
microwave, toaster, fridge, trash can, sheets, computer, TV, etc.
Microwave downstairs of dorm, Meh about toasters, buying a fridge today, Trash can,sheets, will be bought today as well, TV: will be bought black friday
Old 08-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Mail/E-mail/text girlfriend and tell her you want to see other people. Grab some condoms, and some snacks. I would say Beer, but thats illegal untill your 21!

Oh and unless you some crazy player, don't get the economy box of condoms, you will just make yourself feel bad.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Laundry detergent. Bring other food, you don't wanna rely on the cafe food. You doin bridge to Clemson? Or the actual campus?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Laundry detergent. Bring other food, you don't wanna rely on the cafe food. You doin bridge to Clemson? Or the actual campus?
Covered. Im actually going to be on campus.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
beer
Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Mail/E-mail/text girlfriend and tell her you want to see other people. Grab some condoms, and some snacks. I would say Beer, but thats illegal untill your 21!

Oh and unless you some crazy player, don't get the economy box of condoms, you will just make yourself feel bad.
I realized none of those choices said talk to her face to face lol damn. Snacks will be bought (pop-tarts) galore.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
I realized none of those choices said talk to her face to face lol damn. Snacks will be bought (pop-tarts) galore.
Meh your 18, you don't need to do that till your older. Plus it ruins the good mood of leaving for College!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Ramen! And get use to it, at least for me money was tight so I ate a lot of ramen. Then again beer was priority over food, haha. Plus I didn't live in a dorm.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
B1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
B1SLYFOX's Tacoma Gallery
Liquor, you will make many new friends quickly. Lol
Old 08-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Covered. Im actually going to be on campus.
Nice! I know a good many people that go there
Old 08-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Gamecock Tacos
jeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of lightjeremy1ns is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
jeremy1ns's Tacoma Gallery
clemson yuck
Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #16
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Shower sandals. A must. Never go into the showers barefoot. Go to old navy or target and get some cheap sandals. You'll thanks me later
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Shower sandals. A must. Never go into the showers barefoot. Go to old navy or target and get some cheap sandals. You'll thanks me later
X2
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Meh your 18, you don't need to do that till your older. Plus it ruins the good mood of leaving for College!
I'll do it in person anyway and it wont ruin my mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Ramen! And get use to it, at least for me money was tight so I ate a lot of ramen. Then again beer was priority over food, haha. Plus I didn't live in a dorm.
Nothing wrong with eating ramen, i eat it whenever i get hungry so it wont be unfamiliar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SLYFOX View Post
Liquor, you will make many new friends quickly. Lol
Drinking isnt me. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainprimat2 View Post
Frisbee, beer, phone charger, boardshorts, flip flops, condoms, soap, skateboard and/or bike to get around campus, truck but probablly not till your second year
Frisbee-check sperry's will do most of the job, soap check, ill walk, we can have our trucks first year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1ns View Post
clemson yuck
Haters gon hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Nice! I know a good many people that go there
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I totally forgot about that. Much thanks.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Youre going to a dorm so this won't help yet. But when you get your first apt, shower curtain. My first morning in my first apt the light clicked.
Good luck with school.