Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

BEST WAY TO REMOVE WALL PAPER ON OLD CONCRETE/PLASTERWALLS

Old 08-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
BEST WAY TO REMOVE WALL PAPER ON OLD CONCRETE/PLASTERWALLS

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to remove wallpaper from old concrete or plaster walls? I usually use this Piranha concentrate but that only seems to work well on drywall. I am doing some renos on a rental unit that's in an old 20's house that has really old plaster plaster walls. The paper is just not coming off and I have to show this thing in 2 days...

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
First thing I'd is score the wallpaper, then hit it with the Piranha and eventually a scraper.

Or alternatively, depending on the condition of the wallpaper, I'd try to covering it up with bonding primer and simply painting over it. I hate wallpaper. Ever try removing it from behind a toilet?
Old 08-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Score it, use Dif, and a steamer. It's a bitch at best. Don't steam too long in one area, or you'll damage the wall pretty heavily.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Damn I was affraid you guys were going to say steamer, ugh. Ya, I've done behind toilets, doing one right now lol.

The problem with this wall is it's super old and feels like some sort of concrete plaster. The wallpaper seems like's bonded to the walls like it's fuzed on. I've scored and soaked the paper, in spots it's like mush but it still won't come off. Guess I will keep plugging away at it, 4 hours down the toilet lol...
Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #6

2 things helped the most.

1. Using the old school method of soaking the paper in hot water and dish soap, I remember my grandma doing that lol...

2. Using the damn steamer, gawd I hate wall paper!