Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

so, my dog is afraid of......

Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
so, my dog is afraid of......

i havnt played modern warfare 3 in a few months and today i decided to play a little. well a few months back i adopted an 8 month old black lab pit mix and now she is full grown at 85lbs. well today i found out that she is scared shitless of call of duty lol. the second i get in a game and start playing, she walks away while looking at me with her tail between her legs and goes and hides upstairs. i have no idea where this fear came from but its really weird.

is your pet afraid of any weird things? share
Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Sad, but her previous owner probably didn't treat her very well, maybe a gamer who took his rage out on a poor dog.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Popping noises and not just July 4th stuff either.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Sad, but her previous owner probably didn't treat her very well, maybe a gamer who took his rage out on a poor dog.
this is what im thinking. i have no idea why anybody would want to get rid of her. she is the picture perfect dog. she listens well, shes housebroken, doesnt chew, and is very nice to everyone, no biting or jumping. the only thing is that she is not good with other dogs. she wants to play rough with dogs, even small ones so we have to keep her on a leash around other dogs until she gets used to them. i just dont think she knows any better about the size of the dog
Old 08-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
Born yesterday
BB72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Just keep working with her, she'll be fine. Lots of play and socializing, and she'll be a great dog I'm sure!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
TACO626 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve O
TACO626's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004tacoprerunner View Post
Popping noises and not just July 4th stuff either.
Same here. He barks at all popping sounds but is extremely terrified on the 4th of July including a few weeks prior and after. This year we finally popped some "calming" pills in his food, they helped ALOT!
Old 08-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
farbio615 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11B  enough said
Name: Adam
farbio615's Tacoma Gallery
my lab leaves asa the Battlefield 3 background noise comes on. I tend to yell sometimes when I get frustrated so he just leaves and goes to the other room. Once i shut the game off he returns right to the bed. I love it so much. Makes me look like a retard because I yell at a game but adds another cute smart quality he has.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO626 View Post
Same here. He barks at all popping sounds but is extremely terrified on the 4th of July including a few weeks prior and after. This year we finally popped some "calming" pills in his food, they helped ALOT!
Small dog Xanax is what my vet prescribes. The pup is scared when I clean my guns and rack the slides. He's a great dog just skittish from sudden noises.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
my dog HATES when you open the windows in the house and he feels the wind, but would be perfectly fine if he goes outside in the same wind
Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
The gate thing I use to keep her in the kitchen when shes been out in the rain, random noises, the vaccum, anything she hasnt seen before, fireworks, thunderstorms, laptops, cameras, tripods, and alot more I cant think of off the top of my head. Shes an awesome dog though
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy has an old mean coon dog that is scared shitless of chickens.

it had a bad habit when it was younger of gettin into the chicken coop and killing them so he put the shock collar on the dog and as soon as that dog touched the next chicken he got a shock like it came from a lightning bolt. the dog associated that with the chicken and now it runs away tail between legs if a chicken even looks at it. kind of funny considering this dog is easily 100lbs and has fought some tough mean coons in its day
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
my dog is affraid of the ice maker in freezer. when he walks by it he looks at it all funny, waits a little, then runs past it. sometimes he wont even cross the damn thing, just stares at it. the noise the ice makes when it drops scares him shitless, im guessing cuz he cant see where the noise is coming from. probably the most funny thing ive seen.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was funny with my dog. She hates loud noises, so if I am watching TV and get too loud, she will actually climb into my lap and put her paw over my mouth. It's funny as hell actually.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
my brothers full grown black lab hides when ever he starts strumming on his guitar.. funniest thing i've ever seen. it won't even be like a harsh note.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
my dog is affraid of the ice maker in freezer. when he walks by it he looks at it all funny, waits a little, then runs past it. sometimes he wont even cross the damn thing, just stares at it. the noise the ice makes when it drops scares him shitless, im guessing cuz he cant see where the noise is coming from. probably the most funny thing ive seen.
My dog has a similar affiliation with the dishwasher. If she sees her reflection, its all over with. That dam dishwasher is GONNA get attacked lmao
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spiral stair case to get to the second floor in my house and my black lab won't come down or up them if his life depended on it he will bark at the top or bottom so I can let him out into the back yard where there is a flight of stairs to the second level, my friends golden retriever was the same way, I have yet to find a dog that will man up the spiral stair case lol
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #19
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
My dog hates any rc truck I have , barks at it like its a danger even when it goes away from him he follows it just to bark at it, 1+ yr old mixed border collie and the little guy is 80 lbs too
Old 08-30-2012, 06:52 AM   #20
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
My black lab Stormy is afraid of the Roomba robot vacuum cleaner, wont even go into a room if she hears that thing in there. In some cases, if it happens to pop into a room we are in, she hides behind me and presses up against my back legs. As if to say, "Dad, don't let that monster get me!!!" Lol, she is such a character.