Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My buddies wedding.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
My buddies wedding.

I have to rant here about this.

My friend is getting married in July to a girl that none of us can stand. She's trailor trash and bottom scum (I have all the stories and proof but thats for a different day), so I'm already not thrilled about this wedding.

I'm slated to be the best man and my other friend is another groomsman. Well, her daddy is loaded, the man has money coming out of places that a good Christian can't say. Well this old bastard thats paying for the whole wedding isn't paying for the best man or grooms men to find their way to the wedding (something I was under the belief was tradition when you're loaded)...Here comes the problem.

As yall can see, I live in Florida...the wedding is in New York City...over July 4th weekend. I did some number crunching and for me and my girlfriend to get up there for 4 days and back (plane, hotel, transportation, food, etc) will cost me over $2000...plus as the Best Man I'm expected to pick up the tab on the bachelor party...which he "expects" to be a fishing charter which will cost an additional $600 or so.

The only damn redeeming factor was I've never been to NYC and thought it would be cool seeing July 4th in the City...Well, the wedding is on July 5th and the rehearsal dinner is the night before..yup, July 4th...Fuck this Wedding...I'm proposing to my g/f as my best man speech just to steal their spot light....but shit thats another couple K for an engagement ring.

Suggestions?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
open a beer.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
Well at least there'll be an open bar?
Old 01-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
U gotta relax man. For your friends' sake, you cannot mess this up. Imagine yourself in his shoes. If you do piss on their cheerios, you will not only not be a friend, but an enemy. You had better talk with the groom about the proposal, crap, maybe you two can come up with something better. They can take away allota things, but one of the few things they can't take away are your friends! Talk it out with the groomsman & maybe you 2 can split the bach-party. Or talk with the groom about it. AINT NEAR ENOUGH COMMUNICATION IN THIS WORLD!!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
Doomsday Squad
Swwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the roughSwwacoma is a jewel in the rough

Swwacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Swwacoma
Ha, I was just kidding about the proposal thing, and yes there will be an open bar..I WILL EXACT MY $2000 ON THIS OPEN BAR!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swwacoma View Post
yes there will be an open bar..I WILL EXACT MY $2000 ON THIS OPEN BAR!
Now that's what i'm talking about!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I would just be honest with him and tell him you can't afford it. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
nurseboy has a spectacular aura aboutnurseboy has a spectacular aura about

nurseboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I would just be honest with him and tell him you can't afford it. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend.
i agree. if you guys are that close of friends for you to be his bestman, you should be able to tell him that having to be the bestman is going to cost you a pretty penny. Ask if he can maybe ask the rich farther in law to pitch in. There is nothing wrong with brotherly communication. maybe getting him drunk to agree with you will work also
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
OPEN BAR DUDE!

GIMME 6 SHLITZS...NO SHLITZS? AH HELL WHATEVERS FREE!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #10
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Well, her daddy is loaded, the man has money coming out of places that a good Christian can't say.

Fuck this Wedding...
Wow, some Christian

Marc M
Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #14
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejrowe View Post
that confuses me too???? how?
Paris Hilton would be an great example of this this kind of street-greasery.

But seriously dude, you have to calm down about this. I'm sure that you can devise a plan to have the old man pay for it all. Like the one guy posted, just communicate. If you can't work on the groom or rich dad to pay for this, suck it up and work on the bride. If she's the kinda person you describe, NOTHING will ruin her big day. So If that means daddy paying for her new hubby's bestman to make the travel, so be. Daddy worebucks will be shelling out the cash in no time for "Daddy's little Girl".

It sounds bad, but devise a plan. You'll have your vacation on the old man's tab.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #16
brendazzle will become famous soon enoughbrendazzle will become famous soon enough
brendazzle's Tacoma Gallery
advice for the best man -

my advice, chill about the money, its a big chunk of cash and sucks but its the way it is. weddings are expensive and assuming its his first you have to pretend it will be the only one that matters.
Just make sure to say what you feel in your speech.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #17
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
U gotta relax man. For your friends' sake, you cannot mess this up. Imagine yourself in his shoes. If you do piss on their cheerios, you will not only not be a friend, but an enemy. You had better talk with the groom about the proposal, crap, maybe you two can come up with something better. They can take away allota things, but one of the few things they can't take away are your friends! Talk it out with the groomsman & maybe you 2 can split the bach-party. Or talk with the groom about it. AINT NEAR ENOUGH COMMUNICATION IN THIS WORLD!!
Ok, lets be real here. Ya friendship is priceless. Great. What kind of friend asks "do you have $2600.00 I can blow?" And if He is marrying a chick you can't stand, are you realy going to be hanging out with him all that much any more? "Piss on his cheerios?" I think he is pissing on your cheerios expecting you to come up with$ 2600 bucks to come to his party. Ok, I can see the $600.00 for his bachlor party. But not $2600.00. I would tell him you cuaght the HIV or something.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #18
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejrowe View Post
that confuses me too???? how?
Why is she trashy if her dads loaded? She is trashy "because" her dad is loaded.
Haven't you guys notice that it sometimes goes in a cycle? If the parents are loaded, the next two or three generations after realy sucks at life because with there parents loaded they never had to learn reality and life skills all that much. Everything was provided for them. Then after a generation or so with parents sucking at life, Their kids grow up and see how mom and dad live and say F that! And they make something of them selves and move far away from home. And then the cycle begins again. Im not saying this happens all the time, but it does happen a lot.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #19
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
She's trailor trash and bottom scum
Almost guaranteed that she slobs and awesome knob...

Quote:
...so I'm already not thrilled about this wedding.
With all due respect, they probably don't give a f*ck what you think...

Quote:
I'm slated to be the best man, old bastard isn't paying for the best man or grooms men to find their way to the wedding
The groom needs to communicate with either his fiance, (ya know the trailer trash chick!) or her father that your his best man but can't really afford the trip. Daddy should understand and either take care of your costs or at the very least split it with you...

Quote:
...plus as the Best Man I'm expected to pick up the tab on the bachelor party...which he "expects" to be a fishing charter which will cost an additional $600 or so. Suggestions?
Yeah, take everybody to the local pier...what's that $5 a head or something?

Quote:
The only damn redeeming factor was I've never been to NYC and thought it would be cool seeing July 4th in the City...
NYC is freakin awesome dude, you'll love it...

Quote:
...Fuck this Wedding...I'm proposing to my g/f as my best man speech just to steal their spot light....
Very nice, I'm sure everybody will get a huge kick out of it..
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
I just got married and all I can say is wedding fu*king suck!!! I hate weddings and everything that leads up to them... including the DVR'ed Bridezilla's that I was forced to sit through.

Ah well... My wife is cool at least - got me an Xbox360 for a wedding gift
I agree, well so far. I'm getting married next Oct., and called something that I had to pay for "Wedding Shit". Let's just say that it wasn't a good night. Fudging wedding shit.

It should be one of the best days of your life, but all I can think of is "How much for 1 day?"