Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone at Oregon Tech?

Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
magic is on a distinguished road
magic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone at Oregon Tech?

Got recruited to play ball for Orgeon tech and was curious if anyone has been or is going to OIT?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
went there for 3 years for mechanical engineering 2007-10
What will you be going for?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
went there for 3 years for mechanical engineering 2007-10
What will you be going for?
Did you ever finish? I am going there in a few years, currently at PCC taking engineering courses.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
magic's Tacoma Gallery
I thinking im gonna be a mechanical engineer while trying to play baseball haha...

How did you like the teachers? people? school?
Old 08-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Did you ever finish? I am going there in a few years, currently at PCC taking engineering courses.
Went 3 years and basically got through all the general ed stuff that was required for the harder core engineering classes but never finished it out. Got real burnt out after the 3 years and failing my last physics class 2 times(C's both times, but not good enough for the engineering dept.). For some reason I just couldnt grasp the class but did well in the others I was taking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
I thinking im gonna be a mechanical engineer while trying to play baseball haha...

How did you like the teachers? people? school?
Teachers were all good aside from a couple of em but thats to be expected everywhere I'd say. Basically the ones I didnt like did random stuff like assign homework from what the previous days lecture... online... in the morning before your afternoon class. And since I had a pretty full load of classes with only a hour gap for a lunch break, I wasnt able to complete them and ended up missing credit on those assignments. Other than that, all the teachers were pretty good, and always there for you to come into their office and ask questions- do that, it helps.
The school, being mostly engineering and medical, had a lot of computer guys that were pretty stereotypical computer nerd but the medical fields attracted a decent amount of girls to the school. If you want to meet girls, take a biology class or something related to the medical field because the engineering classes can be a sausage fest.
Overall I liked the school. Klamath Falls is less to be desired as a city, but overall its not too bad a place to live a few years.
And if you like to have any life outside school, take 13-15 credits a term otherwise you'll be spending all your time studying and completing class projects which will probably get old quick unless you're super focused and motivated.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
magic's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm didnt know about the med part of the school sounds like ill be having a lil fun haha

but right now im taking 16 credits for the fall and soon as baseball season comes round im down to 12 cause we play all over the western us
Old 09-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Went 3 years and basically got through all the general ed stuff that was required for the harder core engineering classes but never finished it out. Got real burnt out after the 3 years and failing my last physics class 2 times(C's both times, but not good enough for the engineering dept.). For some reason I just couldnt grasp the class but did well in the others I was taking.

Teachers were all good aside from a couple of em but thats to be expected everywhere I'd say. Basically the ones I didnt like did random stuff like assign homework from what the previous days lecture... online... in the morning before your afternoon class. And since I had a pretty full load of classes with only a hour gap for a lunch break, I wasnt able to complete them and ended up missing credit on those assignments. Other than that, all the teachers were pretty good, and always there for you to come into their office and ask questions- do that, it helps.
The school, being mostly engineering and medical, had a lot of computer guys that were pretty stereotypical computer nerd but the medical fields attracted a decent amount of girls to the school. If you want to meet girls, take a biology class or something related to the medical field because the engineering classes can be a sausage fest.
Overall I liked the school. Klamath Falls is less to be desired as a city, but overall its not too bad a place to live a few years.
And if you like to have any life outside school, take 13-15 credits a term otherwise you'll be spending all your time studying and completing class projects which will probably get old quick unless you're super focused and motivated.

You should go back and finish up. One of my friends is a civil engineer. She failed vector calc like 3 times before she even passed, but stuck with it anyways. Engineering takes a lot of hard work and commitment.