1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone at Oregon Tech?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by magic, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Aug 23, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    magic

magic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Got recruited to play ball for Orgeon tech and was curious if anyone has been or is going to OIT?

2. Aug 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    went there for 3 years for mechanical engineering 2007-10
    What will you be going for?

3. Aug 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Did you ever finish? I am going there in a few years, currently at PCC taking engineering courses.

4. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    magic

Member:
    I thinking im gonna be a mechanical engineer while trying to play baseball haha...

How did you like the teachers? people? school?

5. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Went 3 years and basically got through all the general ed stuff that was required for the harder core engineering classes but never finished it out. Got real burnt out after the 3 years and failing my last physics class 2 times(C's both times, but not good enough for the engineering dept.). For some reason I just couldnt grasp the class but did well in the others I was taking.
    Teachers were all good aside from a couple of em but thats to be expected everywhere I'd say. Basically the ones I didnt like did random stuff like assign homework from what the previous days lecture... online... in the morning before your afternoon class. And since I had a pretty full load of classes with only a hour gap for a lunch break, I wasnt able to complete them and ended up missing credit on those assignments. Other than that, all the teachers were pretty good, and always there for you to come into their office and ask questions- do that, it helps. ;)
    The school, being mostly engineering and medical, had a lot of computer guys that were pretty stereotypical computer nerd but the medical fields attracted a decent amount of girls to the school. If you want to meet girls, take a biology class or something related to the medical field because the engineering classes can be a sausage fest. :laugh:
    Overall I liked the school. Klamath Falls is less to be desired as a city, but overall its not too bad a place to live a few years.
    And if you like to have any life outside school, take 13-15 credits a term otherwise you'll be spending all your time studying and completing class projects which will probably get old quick unless you're super focused and motivated.

6. Aug 23, 2012 at 5:57 PM
    magic

Member:
    Hmm didnt know about the med part of the school sounds like ill be having a lil fun ;) haha

but right now im taking 16 credits for the fall and soon as baseball season comes round im down to 12 cause we play all over the western us

7. Sep 14, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon

You should go back and finish up. One of my friends is a civil engineer. She failed vector calc like 3 times before she even passed, but stuck with it anyways. Engineering takes a lot of hard work and commitment.

Products Discussed in

To Top