Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Lance Armstrong...

Old 08-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Lance Armstrong...

Is being stripped of his and his teams 7 victories in the Tour de France. He is no longer fighting the Doping charges, despite the 500+ drug and blood tests he had passed. Im not sure I agree with this outcome myself. What are your thoughts?

More of the story can be found here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...d-fan-fallout/
Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I'm actually following this too.

I think he's just sick of it. No matter what he does I think he's realized that they'll always be after him. Sounds like he's just saying, "fuck it" and not fighting the charges.

The worst part is there is no evidence of any kind. Just someone pointing a finger with no proof.

It's really sad.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I heard about this on the news this morning. Personally, I think it's sad. It sounds like they just wore him down and he's sick of fighting and I can't say I blame him one bit. They've basically taken a very good thing and completely ruined it for all involved.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad the rest of the world cant see one of ours thats a winner.. guess the french are happy now...
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
While I think he probably has doped at some point, allegations don't just get made up.... I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, never failed a test, no reason to strip his titles. Give the dude a trial.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I'm actually following this too.

I think he's just sick of it. No matter what he does I think he's realized that they'll always be after him. Sounds like he's just saying, "fuck it" and not fighting the charges.

The worst part is there is no evidence of any kind. Just someone pointing a finger with no proof.

It's really sad.
I agree, its like he is saying he is tired of fighting it, not admitting it. In his pre-cancer career there is a good chance he wasnt squeaky clean, but almost everyone in cycling wasn't clean either. I read that all of the team mates who say they will testify against him were also caught doping, and then they were offered deals if they testified against lance...
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Too bad the rest of the world cant see one of ours thats a winner.. guess the french are happy now...
Not too burst your bubble but it is the United States Anti-doping Agency that is spear heading this. The international agencies are on his side.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
You noticed that it's the USADA that's brought the accusations here, right?! Just saying that we're responsible for taking down one of our own based on accusations w/o proof.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Give the dude a trial.
He is basically turning down a trial (well, arbitration).
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #12
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
While I think he probably has doped at some point, allegations don't just get made up.... I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, never failed a test, no reason to strip his titles. Give the dude a trial.
Yes, they do.

But ya, innocent until proven guilty for sure. The fact that he is giving up to me is a sign that he is guilty. An innocent man, more than likely, would hold his guns, imho. I do, however, think he does amazing things with all his awareness for cancer, livestrong campaign and blogs, etc. He does far more great in the world than bad that is for sure and the entire episode sucks.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #13
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
How in the hay-ell does the US anti doping agency get the authority to strip his 7 TDF titles? The IOC who overseas the TDF, along with the French agency (forgot the name) couldn't prove jack in all these years with his required blood samples. Complete witch hunt. How brazen and stupid could Lance and his trainers be to cheat 7 times?!! In a row!!! I just don't believe it. I can understand the French's consternation with a, gasp, American dominating their race for 7 years, and carrying a torch, but the US? Why after all these years. And I'm completely sure Landis is also innocent, and rolled on radioshack and postal as he was probably promised re-instatement. And what a total joke they made of Contador's doping, only an 8 month suspension? Douche bags
Old 08-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
Not too burst your bubble but it is the United States Anti-doping Agency that is spear heading this. The international agencies are on his side.
IIRC, It bagan after his first win in the TDF, when France pointed their fingers at him, claiming foul. I could be remembering incorrectly, but Im pretty sure Im not.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I also heard this on the news this morning, I think it is complete bull. He is the most tested athlete and he has never once tested positive for any drugs. I bet this will make Greg Lemond happy too.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #16
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
IIRC, It bagan after his first win in the TDF, when France pointed their fingers at him, claiming foul. I could be remembering incorrectly, but Im pretty sure Im not.
the UCI is on his side (as is USA Cycling)

The USADA and WADA are on a personal vendetta against him

http://lancearmstrong.com/news-event...august-23-2012
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
I also heard this on the news this morning, I think it is complete bull. He is the most tested athlete and he has never once tested positive for any drugs. I bet this will make Greg Lemond happy too.
Fuck Lemond, dude is a pompous ass hole
Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #18
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
Fuck Lemond, dude is a pompous ass hole
Ha ha yes he is a complete douche bag.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #19
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
There is a great article in Bicycling magazine on Armstrong. His life's work will far outweigh the doping allegations that have left a black mark on his cycling career.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #20
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadSurfTaco View Post
Yes, they do.

But ya, innocent until proven guilty for sure. The fact that he is giving up to me is a sign that he is guilty. An innocent man, more than likely, would hold his guns, imho. I do, however, think he does amazing things with all his awareness for cancer, livestrong campaign and blogs, etc. He does far more great in the world than bad that is for sure and the entire episode sucks.
IMO it's not a sign of guilt. I mean, what's the benefit to continue to battle these guys if they won't give up after all of these years of no solid proof? If he keeps denying it, they will keep bringing charges obviously. By saying he's done with it, he's free of it and he can move on with his own life. What's trophy on a wall worth if you constantly have to deal w/this much crap? In the end I see it as he's just saying that it's not that important anymore compared to the rest of his life.