1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tropical Storm ISAAC...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Larry, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Aug 25, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    Larry

Larry [OP] CARL

Member:
    CARL
    Latest track has it coming right to my front door. :(

forecast is a Cat II 'cane :mad::mad:

And, I have a my house...shop & guest house under construction.

The buildings are "dried-in" (windows/doors/roofing)...but no OHD's on the garages, and I know these buildings are not going to blow away...but, I could do w/o the mess & stress.

on a side note...
    the granite was installed in our kitchen Thursday...and it looks outstanding. :thumbsup:

Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-zwba7l5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7i6f_s3Vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qjzrYNDfEc

2. Aug 25, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Tioloco

Tioloco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Oakland Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Sport
    TracRac G2, Xtrang Trifecta, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Konig Countersteer X Bronze, debadged, Custom grill/tailgate badges, Bilstein 5100's front, BAMF light bar, KC Slimlites, Redline hood struts, Smittybilt XRC8, UWMS, in-cab winch controls, Grillcraft MX, Brite Box
    Yup, went out this a.m. and filled up my gas cans for the generator, bought extra propane for the camp stove, an oil lamp and plenty of h2o. A few non perishable groceries, tie down things in the yard and I'll call it good... unless Issac takes a right turn, then the hurricane shutters go up.

3. Aug 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    After Charley in 04 and 40k of F'UP up house. I still love the sun shine state Its the best place on earth..Get the candles and cooler full of cold ones ready and think of all the sunsets that made you smile in the past.... Jim

4. Aug 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    RyanLikesTacos

RyanLikesTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Charlotte, NC
    Its a comin!

You might find this funny, I went to the housing office that handles the rentals we live in on NAS Pensacola. We have been told to prepare to evacuate and obviously I dont want all my stuff ruined if we leave and it floods, etc. So I ask the housing office if they handle it or are we the ones to put plywood up on the windows, etc, and they tell me they wont and if I do, I'll be responsible for any "damage" I do to the siding when drilling screws to hold up the plywood. I laughed and said wouldnt it be cheaper for them to replace that then everything in my house? She told me that its their policy and thats why they have insurance. Needless to say, I left the office and called my renters insurance and doubled the amount I was covered for.

This will be my first hurricane. Any advice? I'm planning on taking my wife and newborn to Atlanta if we get the evac order tomorrow. Seasoned hurricane veterans care to chime in?

Stay safe!

5. Aug 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    Larry

Larry [OP] CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I've lived in the FL panhandle for almost 25 years...ya get used to it. Opal in '95 and Ivan in '04 were the worse. Opal cost me a home and a boat. (had a place on the water in Destin) Ivan was nasty but only had roof damage. Georges in '98 was a rain maker and almost flooded our property. (we lived on a lake at the time)

gather your important paper work and family and leave if you have to.

our policy...cat-1 we stay...cat-2 or more we leave. tropical storm...we go to the beach and watch the surfers. :D

6. Aug 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    Tioloco

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Oakland Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Sport
    TracRac G2, Xtrang Trifecta, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Konig Countersteer X Bronze, debadged, Custom grill/tailgate badges, Bilstein 5100's front, BAMF light bar, KC Slimlites, Redline hood struts, Smittybilt XRC8, UWMS, in-cab winch controls, Grillcraft MX, Brite Box
    Wilma was my first. What I never thought about was afterward... No water for a week, no electricity for thirteen days, which meant gas stations could not pump gas. PITA for sure.

7. Aug 26, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    Larry

Larry [OP] CARL

Member:
    CARL
    looks like the latest models have ISAAC tracking a little westward.

which is good & bad...if the storm comes close to us, I'd prefer being on the west side...not the east side.

I have water stocked...batteries...etc...losing power is the largest concern.

please pray for those of us on the north gulf coast. :pray:

8. Aug 26, 2012 at 6:53 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah-Getting everything tightened down around here and packing my go bag into the truck. Sad for me-I'll be flying a Helo out and leaving the house and wife and kid here..

9. Aug 26, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    Larry

Larry [OP] CARL

Member:
    CARL
    good luck Mark. and prayers for you & family...

looks like a cat-2 may be headed your way. :(

10. Aug 26, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah-Thank you Larry.
    We'll see what happens. Still on the safer side right now...but we are keeping an eye on it pretty closely.....

11. Aug 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346016778.822078.jpg

Totally awesome!!!! :/

12. Aug 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    skammer

skammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5
    Exterior Stock. Interior, custom leather, Pioneer AVIC-920 head unit
    After dealing with Katrina in Gulfport, MS, A CAT 2 hurricane is just some heavy rain and mild wind. No 30 foot storm surge? No problem. Isaac is causing mild panic though at Home depot and the gas stations.

We shall see.

13. Aug 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    Larry

Larry [OP] CARL

Member:
    CARL
    we went through all the necessary stuff today and yesterday...

picked up extra water...non perishable food...shutters on the windows...etc.

don't think it's gonna be to bad for us here in Destin...but stil a PITA. and we have been through worse storms...

price to pay for living in paradise.

14. Aug 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    I am on pcola also. But went to jax for the weekend. I was gonna drive back today to get my car but they said if I tried to get on the base they wouldn't let me leave once I came on the base. So my truck sits in the path of the storm and I hope it makes it through.

15. Aug 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    Tioloco

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Oakland Park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Sport
    We got off pretty light.... just rained all day now morphed into thunderstorms, gusts to ~35

Be safe gulf coasters!

16. Aug 28, 2012 at 2:41 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    gas is supposed to skyrocket cause of this storm

17. Aug 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    Canes58

Canes58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pensacola
    Vehicle:
    09 RC 4x 5spd
    magnaflow - k&n - fact alum wheels - back up mirror - intermit wipers - JVC 800 w/focal 165's - oem fogs - 5100's fr & rear.
    I live close to NAS, let me know if you want I will check on your truck for you. Looks like it might not be that bad though.

18. Aug 28, 2012 at 5:04 AM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Thanks man. Ya I am pretty sure it will be ok. I don't think the base will flood too bad. The truck is parked over at the gateway inn so it's a good distance from the ocean.

19. Aug 28, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    Larry

Larry [OP] CARL

Member:
    CARL
    looks like we dodged the bullet here in Destin

Nawlins' may get the worse...the east side of the storm :(

and, landfall tomorrow...7 year anniversary of Katrina, to the day. creepy.

20. Aug 28, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah-I'm in Houston now with a full rescue crew. Waiting to see what the storm does....hoping that my house makes it thru just fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top