Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

"Pickup" or "Truck" what do you refer yours as?

View Poll Results: "Pickup" or "Truck"?
Pickup 22 7.69%
Truck 264 92.31%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #101
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Guess it depends on where you live. Grew up in Oregon and I always say "pickup truck." We always say pop, I have never heard anyone ask for a "soda."

The first time I heard someone from the Midwest talk about 4 wheelers I thought they were talking about an ATV.

Now what about 18 wheelers?? I never liked that term. 18 wheeler usually implies a two axle trailer and is set up to go lower 48 and not over 80,000 pounds. When I drove I had 24 wheels. Should I still call that an 18 wheeler? A 24 wheeler sounds funny. Commercial vehical sounds too technical, and big rig sounds too colloquial. Maybe I should just call them semis.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #102
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
both
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #103
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I call mine a truck but if I'm at home I usually say the Toyota or the Nissan because I have both lol
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #104
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
The taco
Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #105
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is "the hotrod"
Old 01-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #106
fourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of lightfourbyfour is a glorious beacon of light

fourbyfour's Tacoma Gallery
I've been calling my vehicles trucks since my first vehicle, a chevy blazer, then by habit i called my jeep patriot a truck , now i can finally refer to my truck as a truck and not be delusional.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #107
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Both for me. I think I mainly say pickup when I want to make it clear I mean my personal truck as opposed to work truck
Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #109
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I call mine the "yoda" or "taco"
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #110
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
"My truck". Not the truck. Not a truck. "My truck"
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #111
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Every tacoma should be considered a pickup. Because you'll be picking up bitches left and right. I call mine a truck. Or Daisy. Depending on who I'm talking to.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #113
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
It's a truck hence toyota trucks. The pickup is the pew-Tacomas hence toyota pickup.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #114
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Truck or rig