Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

iPhone Gurus? Black Screen 4 while updating to IOS6

Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Killer is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Killer's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone Gurus? Black Screen 4 while updating to IOS6

Yesterday while updating to the new software, my iPhone 4 screen went black. I have tried to restore with iTunes.

And holding the power button and home button for 10 seconds, I can hear the phone beep and iTunes will recognize it but, still a black screen.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Any water damage?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Yesterday while updating to the new software, my iPhone 4 screen went black. I have tried to restore with iTunes.

And holding the power button and home button for 10 seconds, I can hear the phone beep and iTunes will recognize it but, still a black screen.

God, the Ios 6 has screwed up more 4g, and 4gs users. Prepare to have your battery go to shit once you do figure it out. Join me and the million other people bitching on apples website.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
I had problems updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 6, too. Same issue: black screen, but my phone didn't beep and my iTunes didn't recognize the device.

It finally came back to life about 45 minutes after the initial freeze but not before I tried hard restarting numerous times. Any sign of life since you posted this, OP?

Worst case scenario is you take it to the local Apple store and see if they can resolve the issue. Hopefully you've backed up your contacts, apps, photos, etc. to your iTunes recently in the event that they need to wipe your phone clean.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
looks like i will not be updating my shit for a while...
Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
Ghoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to beholdGhoster is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Retired
Ghoster's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting..... I updated my iphone 4 to ios 6 and had no issues. It took about 20 minutes for the entire process. I haven't noticed any diminished battery life. Passbook still doesn't seem to work, but other than that it is working fine.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Mines working fine .
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
God, the Ios 6 has screwed up more 4g, and 4gs users. Prepare to have your battery go to shit once you do figure it out. Join me and the million other people bitching on apples website.
No such thing as a 4G and a 4GS.
It would be a 4 and a 4S.

I have not had one problem with battery life or any other issues with my 4S since updating.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
My phone has went black a couple times but not during a update . Keep trying to hard reset it . It can take a few attempts
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Put the phone in DFU mode.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Larry View Post
Updated my phone and the wife's. 1 problem is it synced my contacts and her's. I deleted all her contacts off my phone and it also deleted them off her's. Now she has no contacts. I think I know the problem,something to do with iCloud. I will be trying to restore her contacts tomight.
It is iCloud. I did the exact same thing to my wife. Just turn off the contacts option under the iCloud settings on your phone. Then the contacts won't mix.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with everyone else, I updated my old 4S and my old mans iP4 and haven't had any issues battery related or otherwise.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The lady at Verizon couldn't get it to work after 45 mins. They are sending me another phone (hopefully under warranty - I am going to watch my bill).

The funny thing is I know it is working because I can hear when I get texts.
Depending on how old it is, it should be under warranty. Although Verizon is a total D-bag when it comes to warranty issues. Any issue I've had with any phone on AT&T they replaced it on the spot no questions asked.

If all else fails and they don't warrant it for some reason you could go to YouTube and find iPhone digitizer fix and DIY for about $30.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #18
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Only a few glitches with mine, but it actually improved my battery. My day used to end below 40% and now rarely dips below 60%.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Not quite off-topic but when I did 6 upgrade on ipad2, it seems like some things don't wanna spin like you pushed the lock screen button. Has done this on several apps but eventually you can get it to spin by turning the lock screen button on then back off.........back to iphone topic........