Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How are your CC bills?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
How are your CC bills?

With the slumping economy are you having to pay less to your CC so you can pay "important " bills like utilities and mortgage? I have been working 3 days a week (and less during the holidays) and haven't been paying my balance off for the last 4+ months. Well, now it's creeping up. 0% is over and I don't want to open up 20 0% cards because it's bad for your credit. Today I transferred one card to an existing card who gave me a 0% for a year deal. The other card (my main card) is at 7.25% (thank you low prime!). I still hate the idea of carrying a balance, but there's nothing I can do This sucks. I hope construction picks up soon.

The balances aren't too bad @ 8K (used for down payment on a second rental home) and close to 7K on my primary. Just had to drop 400 bucks for a stupid eye doctor visit cause my glasses broke and I was out of contacts . I am praying nothing else happens like a furnace goes out or hot water heater. I used most of my extra fund to buy the second house and remodel it before construction slowed down. I was happy to carry no balances for the last several years after racking up quite a bit.

How's everyone else fairing out? The corvette is paid for, so worst case I can sell that and have quite a bit in the bank....but there's like 15" of snow on the ground here which doesn't help.

Well, time to go spend another 80 bucks in pet food. Yay me.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
things are ok right now but if this shitty weather keeps up i may be in some trouble. been too cold for us to work and we had to take two days off this week, here's hoping we have work on monday!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
im finally doing good. last time i checked my chase card was at like 27.24% apr that bitch is about $500 from being paid off.

i got another card from Cabelas, and that bitch has zero intrest right now, with $0.04 on it.

IN about a month my one card will get paid off, and cut the FAWK up
Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
No CC's here.........

Marc M
Old 01-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Mine are all paid off except one, and I tried to work out a deal with them, they had no intention of listening, so they gave it to some lawyer group who sued me in court and won. But, you can't get blood out of a stone, so they can kiss my ass for a while.

My neighbor got laid off last October, got a job tending a golf course, got laid off from that last month. He is 65,000 dollars in credit card dept. Hiked over to me yesterday and said he paid a lawyer 1400 bucks to file bankruptcy, the lawyer said that 65,000 will go bye bye. Judges know how things are right now and aren't giving people the hard time they were a year ago.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
He is 65,000 dollars in credit card dept. Hiked over to me yesterday and said he paid a lawyer 1400 bucks to file bankruptcy, the lawyer said that 65,000 will go bye bye. Judges know how things are right now and aren't giving people the hard time they were a year ago.
I'm sorry, times are tough I know for many and not trying to be rude, BUT.... how the heck do you get 65 THOUSAND dollars in debt?

I have one card @ 6% no balance, used only in emergency or make travel reservations. I work for myself now & manage my $$ much differently. Cash or I don't buy. Understand some folks must use them differently, but to walk away without any recourse, someone pays that bill..................
Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I asked him the same thing. It's not like you can buy an entire car on them. He said "it just happened". He's a buddy so I resisted the urge to say "fool".
Old 01-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I asked him the same thing. It's not like you can buy an entire car on them. He said "it just happened". He's a buddy so I resisted the urge to say "fool".
Understand he is your buddy, not trying to judge for I have never walked a day in his shoes or anybody elses' for that matter & I am sure with that hanging over his head its not easy!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #10

Oops could have phrased that better...I meant I resisted calling HIM a fool...not you xedge!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #11
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Oops could have phrased that better...I meant I resisted calling HIM a fool...not you xedge!
Sometimes I AM fool!
Its all good Lucy, I knew what you meant, but thanks for clarifying, I didn't want to come off like @ss because I know what its like, I came from very, very humble beginnings & not a lot of $$ and have empathy for those struggling now. Its tough & no so much I lost so much of my 401k tough, but how the heck am I going to heat my house? tough!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I live within my means and don't carry credit card debt. If I get in to trouble financially, or lose my job, I have enough in savings to cover my ass for 6 months or so.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 AM   #13
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
We don't carry any CC balances but had a big Xmas this year...it was $2000 in December but we owe $600 on it now.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine are all paid off except one, and I tried to work out a deal with them, they had no intention of listening, so they gave it to some lawyer group who sued me in court and won. But, you can't get blood out of a stone, so they can kiss my ass for a while.

My neighbor got laid off last October, got a job tending a golf course, got laid off from that last month. He is 65,000 dollars in credit card dept. Hiked over to me yesterday and said he paid a lawyer 1400 bucks to file bankruptcy, the lawyer said that 65,000 will go bye bye. Judges know how things are right now and aren't giving people the hard time they were a year ago.
Ouch... I would say that irritates the hell out of me to read things like this. IMO people should have their feet held to the fire and must be accountable for their actions.. At the same time I don't know his situation so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for my situation, things could definitely be better. The developer I worked with for years went under in July and I have been unemployed ever since. I took a 360% reduction in pay and am now making a splendid $378 a week from unemployment insurance. I have played hell finding a job in my field with competitive pay. My savings allocated for this sort of a situation are starting to dwindle, and I just cross my fingers that something happens quick. I have also considered selling off some investments and going into business for my self. Although this would be a do or die situation, and fairly risky.

There are some hard times right now, and its only to get worst with many more foreclosures to come..

EDIT: To answer the question on CC, it gets paid of in full each month as always. I am seriously considering ditching it all togeather, being they serve little to no purpose for me when I can use a check card for any & all purchases I would ever place onto the credit card.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i have 3...i dont use them....ive had them for years...but they have a balance on all 3...they were all racked up when i was unemployed for a year...

as it stands right now i can only afford to pay the minimum balance but i make sure that i pay that religiously...

i'm working on moving again to a cheaper place and thatll help me pay more...plus im in line for a promotion at work that'll pay around $7000 more a year...so hopefully that'll help too
Old 01-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
We paid all ours off about 10 years ago. Now we have only 2 and havent used one in prolly 5 years and we have our debit card, we decided if we cant pay for it we dont need it..
Old 01-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #17
WildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really nice

WildcatRider's Tacoma Gallery
I have two cards and zero balance! It is a great feeling not to be tied down by those payments. Means I can pay a lot more on my truck and motorcycle loans, or in this case save more for my honeymoon in 8 months!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #18
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
With the slumping economy are you having to pay less to your CC so you can pay "important " bills like utilities and mortgage? I have been working 3 days a week (and less during the holidays) and haven't been paying my balance off for the last 4+ months. Well, now it's creeping up. 0% is over and I don't want to open up 20 0% cards because it's bad for your credit. Today I transferred one card to an existing card who gave me a 0% for a year deal. The other card (my main card) is at 7.25% (thank you low prime!). I still hate the idea of carrying a balance, but there's nothing I can do This sucks. I hope construction picks up soon.

The balances aren't too bad @ 8K (used for down payment on a second rental home) and close to 7K on my primary. Just had to drop 400 bucks for a stupid eye doctor visit cause my glasses broke and I was out of contacts . I am praying nothing else happens like a furnace goes out or hot water heater. I used most of my extra fund to buy the second house and remodel it before construction slowed down. I was happy to carry no balances for the last several years after racking up quite a bit.

How's everyone else fairing out? The corvette is paid for, so worst case I can sell that and have quite a bit in the bank....but there's like 15" of snow on the ground here which doesn't help.

Well, time to go spend another 80 bucks in pet food. Yay me.
Not trying to cause an argument or anything, but it sounds like your priorites are askew. You have 2 houses and 3 cars - and you haven't got enough put aside to pay for the basics like heat ('if the furnace goes out')?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #19
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
My personal CC is barely used, and both that and my business card balance (used for tidy documentation at years end) never exceed what i can PIF when payment is due.

If i can't afford it, i don't buy it. Using cash is a good way to monitor it. It hurts more to hand it over to someone.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
No CC debt.