Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Scam or no? Sounds fishy as fuck and im saying SCAM

Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Scam or no? Sounds fishy as fuck and im saying SCAM

shed some light for me here. Quick over view, selling a arbor longboard for 70$, super cheap. heres the convo.

to me

You still have it up for sale?

7:37 PM (13 hours ago)

to A

Ya i do.

Greg Moris wedartty@gmail.com
9:02 PM (12 hours ago)

to me

Hi,
Am glad it's available. I'm going on a business trip to London but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you will get in about 5 - 7 business days. I'll add $30 extra for the delay. I can only pay via money order as am going on a business trip now so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment. Awaiting your info.
Thanks

to Greg

Perfect, that sounds like a good plan to me. My name is Sean Mitchell, and phone number is (55555555555).

Please make make the payment out to me.

For the address in which to send the payment, I'm going to have you send it to my dad at his work as it'll be easiest for me that way. (Don't like giving out my home address, if that makes sense)

Dave Mitchell
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ill hold off on selling it and wait for the payment. When I receive it, and BEFORE I cash it, I'll send you an email, and then go ahead and cash it and then well arrange a way for you to have it picked up.

Hope that is detailed enough, and if you have any other questions or concerns let me know.

Thanks,

Sean

Also, please send an email or text me when its mailed out so I can let my dad know when to expect it.

to me

Your payment will be sent ASAP please consider it sold. I will appreciate if the ad is taken off craigslist so i can be sure you are keeping it in my favor.

to Greg

Will do. Thanks again. Deleted. I was going to delete it just wanted to wait for an email back.

to me

Hi
Your payment has been sent but I urgently have to bring something to your notice. I just found out that my Assistant overpaid you. The payment meant for another transaction was made out in your name and sent to you in an error. I have called the post office to see if they could retrieve it but nothing positive.However I want to believe I wont have a problem with you on this. Once you receive the payment, Please proceed to the bank and cash the payment, deduct your money and send back the balance to me via western union. So I can proceed with arrangement for pick-up. Once more, I hope I can fully trust you with this? I will await your response on this so my mind can be at rest.
Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
if anybody offers me money order i tell them no thanks.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
LOL Hell yeah! Thats a scam bigger than schnit!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
It's a scam. I have had people try the same tactic with me.
http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

figured all as well. funny people these days. haha
Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
quite clearly a scam
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
lol scam.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
Cheese Head.

it was sketch at teh 30$ extra.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
skeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really nice

Name: Pete
skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm idkk. He said to just cash the payment and just return the amount that was over paid. This is why I only deal with cash so complications won't happen. Good luck though and I hope everything works out
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Scam. Nobody accidentally overpays on a craigslist item. In fact, most craigslisters try to work you down on price.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #12
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Hahahahahaaha I remember this one 8 years ago. It was for 5000 or so and they guy kept telling me to cash it and I kept telling him once he called me to confirm I would. He ended up calling and speaking in some fucked up language and I laughed and told him to piss off. Its a pretty common scam
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Obvious scam is obvious
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #14
Cheese Head.

No thanks. No gonna get involved in whatever your pulling.

Send me a 100 dollar bill, and that board will sit in my garage waiting. but for now, Go fuck yourself.

how about that for a reply.

and ya, it probably some stolen checks or account info, and ill be the one on camera and so forth. cousin tried to have me do that one time too
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
They are getting more creative! I remember a couple years ago it was much more robotic and just asking if they send more money to send some back. The hell would I do that for.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #16
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
It's one of the most well known internet scams.. You should brush up if you plan on selling things online!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Cheese Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
It's one of the most well known internet scams.. You should brush up if you plan on selling things online!

i obviously figured it out. Im not a retard. just wanted to share, see what was said.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
No thanks. No gonna get involved in whatever your pulling.

Send me a 100 dollar bill, and that board will sit in my garage waiting. but for now, Go fuck yourself.

how about that for a reply.

and ya, it probably some stolen checks or account info, and ill be the one on camera and so forth. cousin tried to have me do that one time too
I wouldn't reply at all. See if you can report him on whatever site you are selling, stop all communication and definitely don't cash any money lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #19
Never take the bait

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
i obviously figured it out. Im not a retard. just wanted to share, see what was said.
I'm glad you figured it out.. Nobody said you were.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #20
Cheese Head.

i told him to go Fuck himself. rather him understand that i know then just not reply.