1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road Rage - how would you have reacted?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by The Traveler, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Oct 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)

I like how you pretty much said "im a rockcrawler bitch GTFO":D

2. Oct 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    broken taco

broken taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    No wasn't me. im up in Arizona at college and haven't towed anything for awhile. and i liked you post "im a rockcrawler bitch GTFO" . im pretty much the same way cuz i have a rear bumper, front bumper, and rockrails, but they could still hurt my fender flares. and im 2WD :(.... so i cant call myself a rock crawler

3. Oct 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4
    This is sig material. :cool:

Well, your truck has a twin! :p

4. Oct 28, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    This..

Not the same, but I live on the end of my street and it happens that people who took a wrong turn will turn around in my driveway instead of doing a 3 point turn. Especially annoying at night since the headlights shine right through my kitchen.

The other day someone pulled in..and just sat there. 15 seconds of that was enough for me..for all I know he's doing a drug deal or something. I go walking outside and said "can I help you?" He just stared at me like "who the hell are you?" He was rewarded with a rather large amount of 4 letter words..somewhere in there was "my driveway is not a turnaround or a parking lot, get your rear end out of here NOW!!!!!!"

5. Oct 28, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    Swimmerboy2112

Swimmerboy2112 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Walnutport, PA
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD V6 5 Speed X-Cab
    Borla exhaust, K&N intake, ARB bumper, 16x8 Konig Countersteer Offroad wheels, 20% Tint
    I'm a big guy (6'7" 260lbs), but I've never been in a fight and i'm usually one to avoid confrontation. With that being said, i've had my fair share of road rage, that's why I keep a big maglight within reach.

The worst kind of road rage is when a car/truck decides to take out anger on a motorcycle. You're in a 3000lb+ metal box i'm on a 400lb engine with wheels, enough said.

6. Oct 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Like you need a maglite from protection there Chewbacca

7. Oct 28, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    And how you fit in a Tacoma is beyond me. I'm 6'4 250 and I have a newer(bit roomier) Tacoma and it gets uncomfortable. Do you just sit in the back seat and drive?

8. Oct 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    rev25sharp

rev25sharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    jacksonville fl
    Vehicle:
    Silver 17dcsb trd sport
    haha

9. Oct 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Walker T

Walker T Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 4x4 V6 SR5
    De-Badged. Headrests adjusted, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Secondary Air Filter removed, BTLM
    I was driving down to my mom and dad's house near the carolina coast. I saw a young guy in a BMW pull right out in front of the little white Honda in front of me. The Honda slammed on it's brakes and honked the horn, I had to brake quickly to a stop as well because the BMW stopped, and the kid got out and ran back to the Honda, throwing a punch through the open window. The kid tried to pull back for another punch...but it seemed that he couldn't get his arm free for some reason...he then got yanked forward so hard that he slammed into the side of the Honda...The door of the honda was opened by the driver, and what happened next made me laugh.

I watched the kid who caused the whole incident get pulled hard into the door as the door was being pushed open hard, then he was pushed back while the door closed, then pulled into the opening door again, and again, and again, and again in rapid-fire succession like a rag doll. I swear that kid was hit with that door at least a dozen times before his arm was released and he slumped to the pavement. The Honda's door then came open fully and out stepped a true gorilla of a young man in a USMC uniform. I stepped out as well and approached him as he was surveying the damage to his blood-spattered door. I told him I saw the whole thing and would be happy to be a witness for him. Should I call the police? He said "No Sir. Problem solved." He asked if I needed to call the police...I replied "About what?" I got back into my car and drove away, as did the Marine.

I think of that marine every time I think about getting pissed at another driver.

10. Oct 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Little moron should have thought about what he was about to take a swing at

11. Oct 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    ChewbacaTW

ChewbacaTW My progeny will be awesome!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    I've had people flip me off and yell at me from vehicle from time to time. Whatever I say. Maybe i was in the wrong. Maybe not. 'No harm no fowl' i say. But if someone ever felt the need to exit their vehicle and approach my door in an agressive or agitated manner, the little fight or flight alarm in my head starts going nuts and they're going to become aquainted with the barrel of my sidearm.

Exiting your vehicle to yell (or worse) at someone is an inherently hostile action. If you are on the recieving end you need to either leave or respond in kind with enough force to diffuse the situation, otherwise someone is going to get hurt.

12. Oct 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    :rofl:Classic!!

Products Discussed in

To Top