Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Road Rage - how would you have reacted?

Old 10-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #81
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
All you people who say "call the cops" make me laugh. What are the cops going to do? You could get a pizza delivered too that location faster than the cops arive.
You say give the cops his plates? What good is that? I don't know about in the usa, but here in Canada the rcmp will just check too see if the vehicle is stolen and if it's not then they will say "there's nothing we can do. "
I can not speak about the entire U.S. But I will say in my county the police take road rage very very seriously. You do anything that can seem violent towards another individual, the cops are right there in a heart beat with at least 3 other cars.
In my county, you have 8 county police stations. Then you have 4 state police stations including the headquarters. Then you have Arlington city police, Fairfax City, Veinna, Springfield, Tysons, and Falls Chuch, Alexandria, also Herdon all with their respective police departments. Then you also have metro police( who cover dc, md, va). Also you have numerous federal agencies as well. Plus the sheriffs department. All who are willing to arrest anyone who acts stupid. I live in a commonwealth, Where the arresting authority has the ultimate say if you go to jail or not. It is kinda like this, If I punch you in the face, and you Punch me in the face, The police come to the scene, and neither one of us want to press charges on each other, the police can, and will, press charges on behalf of the jurisdiction "the people". So, you are pretty safe here. No worries

I love the area I live in. Plus everyone and their grandmom has firearms to defend themselves with. Everyone knows this. Keeps people civil IMO.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #83
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken taco View Post
if i was your brother i woulda done the same thing expecially knowing that you were right there and hopefully woulda jumped out to help me if something went down. and im not sure if you have a rear bumper or not. but if i was you and i was in my truck with a metal rear bumper i woulda backed into him if he got out and started walking towards my brother.
The truck in your avatar looks like one I saw going down the 15 today just north of Elisnore. Towing a trailer with a big toolbox?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #84
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
The truck in your avatar looks like one I saw going down the 15 today just north of Elisnore. Towing a trailer with a big toolbox?

I like how you pretty much said "im a rockcrawler bitch GTFO"
Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #85
broken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbroken taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
broken taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
No wasn't me. im up in Arizona at college and haven't towed anything for awhile. and i liked you post "im a rockcrawler bitch GTFO" . im pretty much the same way cuz i have a rear bumper, front bumper, and rockrails, but they could still hurt my fender flares. and im 2WD .... so i cant call myself a rock crawler
Old 10-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #86
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
I like how you pretty much said "im a rockcrawler bitch GTFO"
This is sig material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken taco View Post
No wasn't me. im up in Arizona at college and haven't towed anything for awhile. and i liked you post "im a rockcrawler bitch GTFO" . im pretty much the same way cuz i have a rear bumper, front bumper, and rockrails, but they could still hurt my fender flares. and im 2WD .... so i cant call myself a rock crawler
Well, your truck has a twin!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #87
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiedie View Post
I deal with dumba--es all day driving a big truck in a city making 10 to 20 stops a day. My day is not complete till I get flipped off.And believe me it happens all day long.With that said when they get aggressive with me I wave and laugh. I'm the most hated man in town. In the way all day and drive like a little old man on my way home 22 miles 14 of them on a two lane.
But when not working (not wearing my work uniform). I do the same but just have a friend with me
So if approached this is in my lap pointed at the door,I can fix the hole in it but maybe not the one in me. You never know what any one is capable of so no matter what be very weary of anyone approaching you,your family, or your property.
This..

Not the same, but I live on the end of my street and it happens that people who took a wrong turn will turn around in my driveway instead of doing a 3 point turn. Especially annoying at night since the headlights shine right through my kitchen.

The other day someone pulled in..and just sat there. 15 seconds of that was enough for me..for all I know he's doing a drug deal or something. I go walking outside and said "can I help you?" He just stared at me like "who the hell are you?" He was rewarded with a rather large amount of 4 letter words..somewhere in there was "my driveway is not a turnaround or a parking lot, get your rear end out of here NOW!!!!!!"
Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #88
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a big guy (6'7" 260lbs), but I've never been in a fight and i'm usually one to avoid confrontation. With that being said, i've had my fair share of road rage, that's why I keep a big maglight within reach.

The worst kind of road rage is when a car/truck decides to take out anger on a motorcycle. You're in a 3000lb+ metal box i'm on a 400lb engine with wheels, enough said.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #89
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Like you need a maglite from protection there Chewbacca
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #91
rev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant futurerev25sharp has a brilliant future
Name: Al
rev25sharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Like you need a maglite from protection there Chewbacca
haha
Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #92
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
I was driving down to my mom and dad's house near the carolina coast. I saw a young guy in a BMW pull right out in front of the little white Honda in front of me. The Honda slammed on it's brakes and honked the horn, I had to brake quickly to a stop as well because the BMW stopped, and the kid got out and ran back to the Honda, throwing a punch through the open window. The kid tried to pull back for another punch...but it seemed that he couldn't get his arm free for some reason...he then got yanked forward so hard that he slammed into the side of the Honda...The door of the honda was opened by the driver, and what happened next made me laugh.

I watched the kid who caused the whole incident get pulled hard into the door as the door was being pushed open hard, then he was pushed back while the door closed, then pulled into the opening door again, and again, and again, and again in rapid-fire succession like a rag doll. I swear that kid was hit with that door at least a dozen times before his arm was released and he slumped to the pavement. The Honda's door then came open fully and out stepped a true gorilla of a young man in a USMC uniform. I stepped out as well and approached him as he was surveying the damage to his blood-spattered door. I told him I saw the whole thing and would be happy to be a witness for him. Should I call the police? He said "No Sir. Problem solved." He asked if I needed to call the police...I replied "About what?" I got back into my car and drove away, as did the Marine.

I think of that marine every time I think about getting pissed at another driver.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #93
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Little moron should have thought about what he was about to take a swing at
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #94
My progeny will be awesome!
ChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shedChewbacaTW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
ChewbacaTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethes View Post
Didn't read every reply here, so this might have been said. But aside from honking at someone who cut you off (which to me seems legit) why yell at the guy? Kinda seems like your brother provoked it. Sure the guy in the Titan was wrong to drive like an idiot, but does it really matter that much? And is it worth a physical confrontation?

People drive like idiots all the time, but that's no reason to let it get under your skin. I tell my steering wheel what an a-hole the guy is and let it go.
I've had people flip me off and yell at me from vehicle from time to time. Whatever I say. Maybe i was in the wrong. Maybe not. 'No harm no fowl' i say. But if someone ever felt the need to exit their vehicle and approach my door in an agressive or agitated manner, the little fight or flight alarm in my head starts going nuts and they're going to become aquainted with the barrel of my sidearm.

Exiting your vehicle to yell (or worse) at someone is an inherently hostile action. If you are on the recieving end you need to either leave or respond in kind with enough force to diffuse the situation, otherwise someone is going to get hurt.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #95
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker T View Post
I was driving down to my mom and dad's house near the carolina coast. I saw a young guy in a BMW pull right out in front of the little white Honda in front of me. The Honda slammed on it's brakes and honked the horn, I had to brake quickly to a stop as well because the BMW stopped, and the kid got out and ran back to the Honda, throwing a punch through the open window. The kid tried to pull back for another punch...but it seemed that he couldn't get his arm free for some reason...he then got yanked forward so hard that he slammed into the side of the Honda...The door of the honda was opened by the driver, and what happened next made me laugh.

I watched the kid who caused the whole incident get pulled hard into the door as the door was being pushed open hard, then he was pushed back while to door closed, then pulled into the opening door again, and again, and again, and again in rapid-fire succession like a rag doll. I swear that kid was hit with that door at least a dozen times before his arm was released and he slumped to the pavement. The Honda's door then came open fully and out stepped a true gorilla of a young man in a USMC uniform. I stepped out as well and approached him as he was surveying the damage to his blood-spattered door. I told him I saw the whole thing and would be happy to be a witness for him. Should I call the police? He said "No Sir. Problem solved." He asked if I needed to call the police...I replied "About what?" I got back into my car and drove away, as did the Marine.

I think of that marine every time I think about getting pissed at another driver.
Classic!!