1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Killing my back, need a new work/office chair!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JWaldz, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Nov 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    JWaldz

JWaldz [OP] It puts the Joe Dirt in the hole

Member:
    First Name:
    Waldo
    Colo Springs
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner LTD
    Recently, I started working at a small engineering firm who's supplied chair is like sitting on metal bleachers for 8 hours. Yes, I went to school for this line of work so I knew it was coming, but my previous job while I was in school was in the field and hands on. So now, I'm having to adjust to the 'sit on my ass for 8 hours' kind of job. I know picking a chair is somewhat personal, one of those things you really have to try out before you buy it. I need a new one ASAP though, before my already bad back gets worse. My number one have to have option is good lumbar support. It needs to be a comfortable chair that will get me through my 8 hour day. Grant it, anything is better than my current chair, but if I'm spending money on a chair it might as well fit my needs. I'm bout 5'10, 160lbs. Wanna spend around $175. I've been around my local stores but nothing has really 'caught my eyes'.. Any suggestions?

2. Nov 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    i've found that, after dealing w/ several different chairs, ...there's really nothing that "fits" me - the ones w/ the lumbar stuff don't seem to help... i think a plain old metal folding chair fits me better than the office chairs w/ all the gizmos.... :D

3. Nov 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    You want a mesh back office chair. They conform to the back and feel so nice. I have a curved back and the mesh chair is amazing. Something like this: http://www.overstock.com/Office-Sup...ack-Support-Office-Chair/2201943/product.html

I can't recommend you the chair I have because it literally retails for $1200. It's a Hon F3 with mesh back. I got it for $25 when my brother worked there. Best chair I've ever sat in though.

4. Nov 9, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I have the same issue and I bought a $200 chair from Staples that was supposedly for bad backs. It's mesh back and a cushioned seat and it's absolutely horrible. Sorry, I wish I could tell you what works, but I figure telling you what to avoid is just as important. It was a staples brand chair.

FWIW, I'd go to an office furniture store and sit in different chairs since you can easily spend $500 on a good office chair.

Products Discussed in

To Top