Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

WTF is wrong with Craigslist scamers?

Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #21
Backinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Backinblack03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongjim View Post
I live in Alabama and sold a camaro to a Jefferson county cop who didnt bring all the money with him to pickup the car and assured me he would bring me the rest the next day. He was in uniform and in his patrol car so I decided to trust the POS . I havent seen him since and he wont answer his phone or email . I guess I know now you cant even trust a cop and why this county is in such bad shape money wise. The car was on Craigs list also.

Call your local PD and report the car stolen! Not far from the truth... Can you call the DMV with the VIN# and tell them it was stolen? Then when the new registration pops up....
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #22
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I live in Alabama and sold a camaro to a Jefferson county cop who didnt bring all the money with him to pickup the car and assured me he would bring me the rest the next day. He was in uniform and in his patrol car so I decided to trust the POS . I havent seen him since and he wont answer his phone or email . I guess I know now you cant even trust a cop and why this county is in such bad shape money wise. The car was on Craigs list also.
If this is true (Not saying your lying) then I feel so bad for you. That SUX! What a dirt bag! I'm assuming you gave him the title in good faith. That is a very hard lesson to learn. One that I know well as it happened to me years ago. I sold a 1991 Explorer on Ebay for (winning bid) $500. Now this thing was no prize and I clearly stated all the issues in the ebay add. He sends me $100 deposit for good faith and I send him title so he can register and then drive it 6hrs. back to Ohio ( I was living in Watertown, NY.) I send it and he on his way he calls me and requests that I assist him in changing the fuel pump. No can do cause I'm gonna be working....I leave him access to my tools.....Very long story short...I get home, no truck, no $ he was supposed to leave, and no TOOLS.

I feel for ya bro...I really know how that stings. I was had that day.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backinblack03 View Post
Call your local PD and report the car stolen! Not far from the truth... Can you call the DMV with the VIN# and tell them it was stolen? Then when the new registration pops up....
In the laws eye, it doesn't matter. "He said, She said" all day long...nothing criminal here unless you can PROVE it....if he signed over the title before full payment.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #24
spongjim is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
spongjim's Tacoma Gallery
I was going through alot when I sold the car ,I had just found out I have pancreatic cancer and was and still am going through chemo. I was also having to retire due to the chemo and side affects , so I was really thinking a cop of all people would rip me off. I mean hell if you cant trust a cop who can you trust ? I guess I got my answer . Yes I signed the title over and got burnt . I have learned !!! I am listing some of my old tools on craigs list now and WOW some of the BS replies I am getting are either to stupid to respond to or just sick and the disgusting. I love the ones who send a message that they can buy it cheaper on ebay . Go buy it ,shut up , and quit waisting my time. Oh well ,at least now I know I am not the only one ranting about this. Good day all.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #25
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was going through alot when I sold the car ,I had just found out I have pancreatic cancer and was and still am going through chemo. I was also having to retire due to the chemo and side affects , so I was really thinking a cop of all people would rip me off. I mean hell if you cant trust a cop who can you trust ? I guess I got my answer . Yes I signed the title over and got burnt . I have learned !!! I am listing some of my old tools on craigs list now and WOW some of the BS replies I am getting are either to stupid to respond to or just sick and the disgusting. I love the ones who send a message that they can buy it cheaper on ebay . Go buy it ,shut up , and quit waisting my time. Oh well ,at least now I know I am not the only one ranting about this. Good day all.
I would file a complaint with their Internal Affairs Dept.
Give them all the info you have.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #26
Newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
I would file a complaint with their Internal Affairs Dept.
Give them all the info you have.
This is an option.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
Fire Pony/Stalking Horse
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
I was selling some miniature horses on CL once and got a lot of the "I would like to buy your item" emails. Because we all know mini horses are items haha
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
spongjim is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
spongjim's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a guy emailing me just about every day from craigs list wanting to buy my motorcycle . He started real low and I told him no ,I would let it sit there before selling it for that much. Well he goes up a little every couple of days ,till we get to a point I might consider his offer . I get another offer late last night and it is close enough to asking price for me to give in some . He wants me to call early this morning to let him know if the price is ok. Well here is the best part , I call and a woman answers the phone ,I ask for him and she lets me know right away he is in school today and that he is 14 years old . I told her he had been contacting me about buying my bike and she said he has no money and she doesnt know anything about a motorcycle . Do parents watch what their kids are doing on the computer at ALL ???? She said that he would not be buying a motorcycle today and that he wouldnt have a computer anymore either. ( Yea I bet !!) With all the sick ,stupid ,trashy emails I have gotten from people on craigs list do kids really need to be on there ??

Jim
Old 11-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I think its because CL is one of the few sites that allows people to advertise for free, a scammers heaven in other words. Who wants to pay to scam? Should see how bad the personals section of CL gets sometimes, wow.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #31
Mcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcdees84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Mcdees84's Tacoma Gallery
Had my very own encounter with this tonight. Selling my 2001 right now and got the military guy who is stationed in Alabama but coming out here and wanted my paypal email so he could send me the money. These emails always have that hint of scam to them. The whole, "I can't access my bank online but can access my paypal, which is linked to my bank" just sounds ridiculous. If you're online, then why can't you access the bank???

Anyhow, I asked to speak w/him b/c it sounded like a scam. He said he can't talk no the phone (sounding scammier now). So I said, fine. Just text me a picture of your military ID and your driver's license so I can be sure you're legit. Never heard back.