Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anybody here use a tablet??

Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody here use a tablet??

I'm in dire need of a new laptop / computer of some sort and I'm leaning towards a tablet. I REALLY don't want to spend over $300 and I would be fine with a good used unit. Been looking at ipad's but I really have no clue. There are so many out there now. Any recommendations?? Mainly looking for something to browse the internet with. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.google.com/nexus/7/

these are pretty cool and only $199.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
http://www.google.com/nexus/7/

these are pretty cool and only $199.
i just sold mine, they are ok, no substitute for a keyboard and normal CPU IMO... go with a google chomebook. $329 IIRC, and the new ones are 10x better than they used to be. thats what i would do if i were going to do it again.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i just sold mine, they are ok, no substitute for a keyboard and normal CPU IMO... go with a google chomebook. $329 IIRC, and the new ones are 10x better than they used to be. thats what i would do if i were going to do it again.
Agree, but I grab my original iPad 99% of the time. It lives/charges beside my recliner.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Agree, but I grab my original iPad 99% of the time. It lives/charges beside my recliner.
yea but it sucks looking at it after a while... my neck would start to hurt. so i got a gopro HD2 instead. FTW
Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Tacoma343 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jesse
Tacoma343's Tacoma Gallery
iPad 3 man... Really no other way to go for browsing!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #7

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma343 View Post
iPad 3 man... Really no other way to go for browsing!
i would take the nexus 7 over the ipad 3. ive owned both, the nexus is a pretty un-matchable beast right now IMO...
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I've considered the Nexus 7. Just worried it won't be big enough.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
in my experience a tablet is no substitute for a laptop. I tried to do a 4 month deployment with just the iPad after about 2 weeks i ordered my macbook. just cant deal with no key board. it gets old after awhile.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
yea but it sucks looking at it after a while... my neck would start to hurt. so i got a gopro HD2 instead. FTW
Not really a problem for me, I've wasted pretty much all day today on here and other sites, with a little football mixed in.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I have the original Samsung Galaxy 10.1. I love it, except like someone else said, it is hard to substitute for a laptop/desktop. It is great to use when needed quickly or on the road.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
IPAD hands down, I hardly use my regular Mac , the iPad is just more convenient and the new iPad 4 is killer fast. also has SIRI which allows you to talk and it types for you, saving keyboard time.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
But i will say i love my iPad for around the house.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #16
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, work was dumb enough to issue me an iPad. Only time I go to my desktop anymore is to do things with pictures! Makes just browsing so much easier and convieniant. Of course I have wifi at every building I need to visit to work at, and I have wifi that coveres the whole house... So lazy browsing mad easy.

I would never have bought one for myself though, things ain't cheap.

If I was in the market for one, id be hard pressed to pick tween this thing and the android version, I'm a big fan of android in general.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #17
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Kindle fire or nexus 7. Both good and cheap.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I would never substitute a tablet for an actual computer/laptop. I still use my desktop the majority of the time and when I'm not using that I have an Asus Zenbook ultrabook I use. I do have a Kindle Fire but I use that mostly for reading.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Nexus 7. Perfect size. I will agree that using the on screen keyboard makes it difficult to type but that can be solved with a bluetooth keyboard. I think I am going to order one and try it out. I use my Nexus 90% of the time for daily internet browsing and paying the bills etc. Much smaller and easier to travel with as well since it utilizes a standard charger.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #20
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I use an iPad 2 for general browsing, reading e-mails etc., but it is not a repalcement for a PC desk top or lap top. It's fine for just reading, but as soon as you want to start copy and paste between apps it becomes a problem. I also use Microsoft office (Word and Excel) a lot, and can't do that on the iPad.
So, it depends on the use - for just sitting on the couch and reading TW, the pad is fine.