LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Tips for staying safe this holiday season and beyond

Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
Banned
TRD1993 is on a distinguished road
TRD1993's Tacoma Gallery
I keep my AR-15 in my car whenever I travel very far and another tip might be leave earlier if traveking
Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #22
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD1993 View Post
I keep my AR-15 in my car whenever I travel very far and another tip might be leave earlier if traveking
Where do you guys live ?

Afghanistan ?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
All good tips Jeff but you forgot the 2 best one's---
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #24
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Photocells/timers keep the place lit up all night, plus motion sensors can be beaten by people up to no good

The mail and paper keeps someone coming by your house every day, preferably at different times to keep an eye on the place
Makes sense, I think at my house I don't want the truck on display with a light on all the time tho busy road.
Quote:
he didn't last long
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Same troll as the others last night?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #26
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
and............trust noone.....
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #27
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
uno mas-didn't see this one up there, unless im blind.

....used to be a fuck up when I was a tad younger. People don't believe me when I say this to them...

Lock your fucking cars. No matter where you are and don't leave valuables in them. You'd be surprised how many people think their car won't just get opened and ran through....seriously! You don't need to be a professional thief to open an unlocked car and walk away with 800 cash, or someones unopened xmas present. Even in the nicest of neighborhoods.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #28
Chuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: ICE - San Diego Field Office
Chuy's Tacoma Gallery
Under Burglary Prevention, is there a reason you didn't recommend getting a dog whenever possible? I'm a LEO myself and have two dogs. They don't make good guard dogs but as watch dogs they are very good. They are inside dogs but they bark at most movements outside. They are also very alert when we go hiking. They've alerted me to coyotes and other hikers approaching from the rear.

Re #4 about closing the garage door - when you close the garage door, always lock the door leading into the garage.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #29
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekapec View Post
You don't need to be a professional thief to open an unlocked car and walk away with 800 cash, or someones unopened xmas present. Even in the nicest of neighborhoods.
X2
Someone stole $400 from my truck in a very nice neighborhood. All million dollar plus homes, the place i was staying even had security cameras. Left my truck unlocked
Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #30
Spleecher is on a distinguished road
Spleecher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
X2
Someone stole $400 from my truck in a very nice neighborhood. All million dollar plus homes, the place i was staying even had security cameras. Left my truck unlocked
I used to do work in rich neighborhoods. One thing I found out fast was that the home owners may be rich but their kids can be a nuisance. Nothing worse than a rich kid who is spoiled, little money who knows daddy will bail them out when they get caught vandalizing.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #31
mhendrixcap is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Mike
mhendrixcap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
All good tips Jeff but you forgot the 2 best one's---

Woot Woot Maks. I have a east german that I carry daily. Shoots accurately and conceals very well. Only downfalls are the 8rd mag and mag release :/
Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #32
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Armed Robbery Prevention

Before a robbery:

Teach and Practice, Practice and Teach (Train to be alert to your surroundings, to be a good witnesses and an involved citizen)

Evidence Collection Equipment (Install Cameras, Smooth surfaces and Height Tape)

Have Policy and Procedures that will help protect you(Closing, Money handling, passive, hiring and firing)

During a robbery:
Assure the Criminal that you will give them what they want
Announce your actions and movements to the robber
Have a plan
Be good witness and be passive
Survive

7 Steps After a robbery:
1. Lock the doors
2. Sound the alarm/911
3. Verify all employees are safe
4. Preserve the crime scene
5. Ask customers to stay
6. Fill out suspect ID sheet
7. Pat yourself on the back-you survived

Reporting a robbery that has occurred:
Give your location
Stay calm
Be specific(where, what, who, give details)
Stay on the phone

Remember that:
You may be telling us something that we are not aware of or you may be giving us the information that we need to investigate and possibly make an arrest. Suspicious Activity is an event taking place out of the ordinary which could lead to a crime or be a crime in progress.

Protective Measures to prevent robbery:
Limit access to work areas
Have alternate staff exits
Know how to report problems
Report threatening and suspicious activity to police
Electronic access control.
Silent alarms.
Metal detectors.
Video cameras.
Have Security Surveys done
Improve Lighting and Visibility

Summary
Have the police became familiar with your facility.
Practice good crime prevention.
Be “law enforcement friendly”.
Utilize local associations to keep abreast of current trends.
I think you forgot if you have a gun....pull the trigger if they are threatening your life
Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #33
13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed13Greysled is one of the sharper tools in the shed
13Greysled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
....used to be a fuck up when I was a tad younger. People don't believe me when I say this to them...

Lock your fucking cars. No matter where you are and don't leave valuables in them. You'd be surprised how many people think their car won't just get opened and ran through....seriously! You don't need to be a professional thief to open an unlocked car and walk away with 800 cash, or someones unopened xmas present. Even in the nicest of neighborhoods.
I work in a pretty nice neighborhood with many million dollar homes and I still lock my vehicle EVERY Single time and am aware of my surroundings when walking around because it doesn't matter where you are, thiefs could be close.

Good thread. I'd like to add that most of this is true for the rest of the year as well, just so happens the holidays are when a lot more of this stuff happens.

Stay safe everyone.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
tunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtunernewb92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
tunernewb92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I left my truck unlocked. They still busted out my back window to steal my radio.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #35
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
be careful

http://news.yahoo.com/target-40m-car...--finance.html
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #37
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This..
Old 12-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #39
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

GOD , GUNS & Santa with one too many ..I Love Merika .
Old 12-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #40
Christ-a-licious
Battle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shedBattle Pope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 15-6'rs
Name: Korben
Battle Pope's Tacoma Gallery
Do not stand under the mistletoe with your gf's sister