1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A question on bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacOffRoad11, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Sadly due to some things outside of my control, I am in a situation where I am more than likely going to be filing bankruptcy. :notsure: :help: I was wondering TacomaWorld, if any one of you had went through this and what advice/tips you could give me?

2. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    well...that sucks.

you have a house in all of this? get a lawyer.

3. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    Yeah, I have a house and the route I'm going to take is chapter 13. I have an attorney already I was just wondering if anyone else has went through this.

On a side note, I know where this a good truck for sell.....Haha :spy:

4. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    That sucks but I might be there shortly. I've been unemployed for awhile now and the future doesn't look good. After you filed and after the s!!t hits the fan plan on very high interest rates if you even are offered a loan. If you try and get a credit card same but with a very very low limit. Plan on losing some possessions besides the truck also.

5. Dec 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    I have no experience with this other than My ex tried to do the same just after the divorce. She wrote off 60-70 thousand in credit card debt and loans that she ran up during the divorce. She walked away clean as a virgin. I got paid tho. A few years later she was able to refi her house to pay me off in total.
    I have heard it should be a very last resort if possible.

Products Discussed in

To Top