1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What kind of bed do you sleep on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Leggo, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    Leggo

Leggo [OP] slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    I bought a sleep number bed about six months ago and LOVE it. My back has never been good but it is pretty good now that I have had this bed.

2. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    toyohtadude

toyohtadude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 4x4 Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Bone stock
    Also a sleep number.... 55 is what I decided on. Wife is 45... and the heater for it rocks!

3. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    No way....... how much for that?

4. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    Jux

Jux :D

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2013 V6 4x4 SW DCSB TRD OR
    Whatever my fiancée brought with her when we moved in together. Whatever it is, I should try this mythical Sleep Number, because my back has felt like shit for ages.

5. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    13" memory foam mattress. I like it better than the sleep numbers. It conforms to my body much better than any other mattress I've slept on. I wouldn't go back to anything else.

6. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    We have 3 sleep number beds (king & 2 adjustable twins) and love them. Oldest one (king) is 16 y/o and works perfectly.

My number is 75-80 ... unless I do a lot of heavy work, then it is 50- 60 for that night only.

Only 2 things in whole house I really, really like ... Sleep Number Bed & Dyson Vacuum Cleaner ... (and Tacoma) :D

PS ... Put a 1" (max.) memory foam pad on it, heavy quilted mattress pad, and 1,000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and it is perfect (the best of all beds in one) ... :D

7. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sleep numba FTMFS(leep). Mrs Brunes and I have had it for a few years and won 't have anything else again...

8. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    being able to adjust the firmness level depending on my needs is what sold me. My back was really bad to the point of struggling hard to tie my shoes in the mornings, now things are great.:thumbsup:

9. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    This thread might as well be titled "what is your sleep number"

10. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    best investment I have made in a long time.:D

11. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    oh,....55 for sleep. 25 for watching tv.

12. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    ... ^^^ ... Try it my son ... your bad back will be healed forever ... all your worries will evaporate ... your trees will bear fruit in the winter ... your pot of gold will runneth over ... and ye shall be saved from the the evils from the devil ... :eek:

So let it be written ... So let it be done ... :D

13. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    and it comes with 4wd

14. Dec 14, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    toyohtadude

toyohtadude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 4x4 Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Bone stock
    Lucky for you it is on sale because I paid the whole $169 for it! But here it is for $101.99 http://goo.gl/Oq0ra

Both of us were having back troubles in the morning and this was on a top model Serta Perfect Sleeper with all the bells and whistles... That lasted about 5 years... This bed is incredible because you can make it as soft or firm as you want.

My only gripes are that the mattress moves around too easily (it has no weight) and on the queen, the center between the two bags is too soft. It's like a shallow ditch to roll into.

We tried a top end memory foam mattress but OMFG was it HOT. This one was great to lay in and fall asleep but I move around in the night like everyone else and once that bed forms to your body and you roll to a new position? It takes a while to get it back to anything comfortable. And trying to get up from your nicely formed "well" in the bed is interesting. And by hot I mean the bed doesn't breathe and it trapped all the body heat. Neither of us liked it and was glad to not have to sleep in it any longer than we did.

15. Dec 14, 2012 at 4:49 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    pillow top. i sleep on a water bed for almost 16 years.:eek: i wanted a new bed, and we ended up moving. so it was a perfect time to go buy a new bed/ bed set. i have been on it for like 4 1/2 years now. like it a lot!!!

16. Dec 14, 2012 at 5:29 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    My fiance and I bought one of those Beauty Rest mattresses with the pillow top. It's a firm mattress with a tall, soft pillow top so it's perfect for us.

17. Dec 14, 2012 at 5:39 AM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    I have like a6 year old noname set queen, it was good.before but last year.i.bought a memory foam.pillow($80) and a 3" topper that covers the bed under the sheets and its amazimg

18. Dec 14, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    I have a Vivon prestige, it's similar to the Tempurpedic memory foam mattresses, but with built-in massage. I never use the massage though, but the bed itself is comfortable.

19. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    I slept on a POS mattress for years and years. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

20. Dec 14, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    my current mattress is a JOKE....need to invest

Products Discussed in

To Top