1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camp Kesem, a camp for Kids whose parents have Cancer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by logcabinwc, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    Hey all-
    I posted last year about a camp/club I became involved with at UC Davis, but not many peopled seemed to take notice. Though I would give it another shot!
    Camp Kesem is a 100% student run 1 week long camp we put on for 60+ kids, ages 6-16 a the beginning of summer. All of the kids have parents that have or have had cancer. We feel that cancer is obviously hard, sucks, etc. We get that. My own father was diagnosed 2 years 8 months ago. But we also know there isn't too much support for the family, let alone specifically for the children of those with the BIG C.
    We aim to not only provide support for the kids, but give them a chance to be kids again. Many have been given the responsibility of looking after sick loved ones or siblings and have gone through things no one should have to.
    We are a support group and a family.
    I can literally write pages on how much this organization means to me, and how much it benefits the kids and myself, but I won't put you through that. If you would like to know more you can visit the national kesem page here:

We are registered non-profit. And the camp is also totally free for all the campers because many of the families are struggling to pay medical bills anyway. But to keep the camp going we need donations!
    Any, and I mean any donation size helps. UCD alone has to raise $60,000 this year. But, even if you don't donate I still encourage you too click on the link and learn a little bit more about us. We want to become more recognized to the general public so pass it along to friends and family you might think could benefit from this! We have camps in more and more universities all over the country!

If you would like to donate to MY specific UCD Kesem camp you can do so here:

If you would like to make a more general donation you can do so here:

and remember, we are a non-profit so you donations are tax deductible!

Thank you all for reading!
    -Micah Eggleton
    TW name- logcabinwc
    Camp Kesem name- Summit

2. Dec 15, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    Bump...? Anyone ever even heard of us?

Products Discussed in

To Top