LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

need some reassurance!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
need some reassurance!

Im a first time Toyota owner. I put myself in debt to get the Tacoma I wanted.Is it really as bulletproof and reliable as I have heard? Hopefully I don't lose my job until it's paid off!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
It's a great rig. Will hold its value as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
You will not be disappointed! (At least most of us aren't)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
rawdog has a spectacular aura aboutrawdog has a spectacular aura about

Name: Steve
rawdog's Tacoma Gallery
Its exactly what its made out to be, awesome.

And besides it holds its value by FAR more than any other truck on the market so you could probably get out of it in a year or just under a year without losing any money
Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Its exactly what its made out to be, awesome.

And besides it holds its value by FAR more than any other truck on the market so you could probably get out of it in a year or just under a year without losing any money
I traded in my 2011 and made $500 with the rims, tires, and exhaust I installed.

They are great trucks and reliable as hell...there's a reason the other brands have pulled it of the market while toyota has held steady. People may complain about little things and plastic crap, but the fact is that the truck all around still holds its own in every aspect.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be OK with the Tacoma. Alot of us are repeat Toyota buyers. I'm on my 4th Toyota truck since 1987. Never had any major problems whatsoever.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

Thanx! Feeling better now!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold off my 1989 Toyota for only $3K less than I paid for it after driving it for 18 years. That is just $167 a year in depreciation. Can you think of any other vehicle that can say that? I had no major overhauls in that period. I had no major engine problems. Basically other than normal wear and tear maintenance (clutch, brakes, timing belt) I only paid for tune ups, oil change and tires. You made a good choice.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #9
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
I've either made money or broke even on my two previous Toyotas, one a pickup and the other a first gen Taco. I bought both of them for less than 5k, put around 60k miles on each, never had a problem with either, and didn't lose any money. Unless Toyota goes to shit, I'll never drive a different brand.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTacoDriver View Post
I just sold off my 1989 Toyota for only $3K less than I paid for it after driving it for 18 years. That is just $167 a year in depreciation. Can you think of any other vehicle that can say that? I had no major overhauls in that period. I had no major engine problems. Basically other than normal wear and tear maintenance (clutch, brakes, timing belt) I only paid for tune ups, oil change and tires. You made a good choice.
3 k less thats all? Thats unheard of.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
You wont be disappointed on your new purchase! Just make sure you keep up with all the maintenance intervals and you will be golden and just cause these things are as solid as a rock doesnt mean you have to drive them like an idiot and abuse them.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #13
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
We are on #5 , First one was a 1984,,, never had a bad one
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #14
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I am on Toyota truck #3 and the only time I lost money is when I bought a dodge ram between Toyota 2 and Toyota 3:-)
Old 01-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
OP I did the same thing.. infact I freaked out and tried to take it back the next day bc of the payments and debt!....but honestly had it a yr and half now and so glad they didn't take it back! its the best truck I have had ..btw a chevy and ford... take a deep breath and look at what you just bought as an investment for the rest of your life.. you just bought the best truck!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #16

lol! Jeffvt0508, That's exactly how I was feeling! It crossed my mind to take it back the next day! Even though I love it! I didn't need a new truck, I just wanted one! I traded in an'08 Colorado that never gave me any problems! But, it was an extended cab, and I wanted a four door small truck with a long bed, so here I am feeling much better about my decision! Thanx everyone! I hope to be here a looong time!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #17
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
... i bought mine new, 2012, ...now a year old, 9k mi., ...and i will say it does have some rather annoying creaks/rattles/etc for a 1yr. vehicle (no i do not abuse it, etc, etc...)... hopefully the mechanicals hold up, but i'm a little skeptical given the rest...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #18
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove every small and mid-size pickup and several full size, then I traded in my Corolla for a Tacoma. My only regret is paint color, and I can hardly blame that on Toyota, just my own indecisiveness.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #19
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
...no

yer fawked.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my 2012 for a little over a year now and have 37000 miles on it. It still feels as tight as the first day i drove it home. Best vehicle i have ever owned.