Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

coolest animal you have seen in the wild

Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
Banff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBanff2007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
Banff2007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
As you can tell I love bears but I also got up close with a humpback whale and some killer whales when I was out in Tofino a few years back.

But bears are my true love and have taken many pictures of them in my travels.

These pictures were with my old Nikon 20/20. Thank goodness for digital

Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
last year I had a fishercat follow me and my dog while walking down near the river one afternoon. Those things are flat out evil, I want no part of them at all.
those look similar to honey badger
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Few years back I had a Perigin Falcon take out a morning dove in my back yard. MF'er ripped off all the feathers and had a feast 10' from my sliding glass door.
Was an amazing front row seat!
We had one take out a bluejay on a job site this summer
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #26
boss1041 has a spectacular aura aboutboss1041 has a spectacular aura about
Name: chad
boss1041's Tacoma Gallery
a pod of 15-20 dolphins while fishing on the flats in the gulf last year. they were swimming with the boat around and under it in 3-4 foot of crystal clear water. oh and a seahorse while fishing last year was tangled in the grass on the line.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #27
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
A few, we have bald eagles by the boat loads now, but the first I ever saw was pretty cool. The first alligator in the wild was neat, kinda scared me to be honest. Fox are fun to watch in the woods, but I guess the best was a mama bobcat and three kittens playing on the edge of some cutover several years back.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #28
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a sloth while I was down in brazil . We were on a jungle tour . This is what they look like .

Also caught a ton of piranha's fishing .
Old 01-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #29
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #30
Old Guy...In a Kids Truck
2012sporttrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
2012sporttrd's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
lol

Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #32
boss1041 has a spectacular aura aboutboss1041 has a spectacular aura about
Name: chad
boss1041's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
lol

Old 01-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol

The Mugwump
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #35
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
When I was 10 or 11, I saw a herd of elk crossing the road, jumping a fence on each side of the road. There were at least 700 elk, it looked like a wave as they jumped both fences, could have been more than that.
I have also been lucky enough to see bald eagles, black bears, and a couple bobcats.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #36
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Adelie, chinstrap and Gentoo penguins. I have photos of me somewhere sitting in a colony.

And a leopard seal.

Humpback whales and an albatross are a close third.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #37
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I've had lots of encounters over the years...been within 50 yards of a mountain lion, within spraying distance of a skunk (didn't get sprayed though WHEW!), listened to wolves howling at night, seen eagles pluck fish out of the water, sat for an hour a couple of summers ago and listened as 5 bull elk bugled to one another, been chasd by a bull moose who though I was trying to steal his girl ( I just wanted a picture).

When I lived in Alaska I had several moose that lived with me during the winter (we plowed all 5 acres of land and they liked to wander around and not have to trudge through the snow). There was a momma with twins calves and when they wanted to cross the road in front of my place she would step up to the pavement, look both ways, and then grunt to let the babies know it was safe to cross. And once while flying we had to stop at a small airstrip to refuel, as we were getting ready to land we saw a grizzly bear with his butt planted on the end of the runway. He was eating some berries that were growing there and he looked up at us as we flew overhead. My FIL got on the radio and said something about "attention all Talkeetna traffic: there is a bear on the runway. I repeat: a bear on the runway" I burst out laughing...that isn't something you'll ever hear more than once in your life!

More recent though was my encounter with Willy, my bull elk in Grand Teton Park. He wanted to camp with me...hung out behind my tent, wandered over to my campfire and then bedded down 15' or so from my tent while I was sleeping...and then proceeded to give my truck a tongue bath the next morning. Hence the name Willy...short for window licker.

Also ran across a momma griz and her 3 cubs this past summer. I was so excited I don't know how I managed to stop the truck, put it in park, roll down the passenger window and grab my camera all within a few seconds. I've never seen cubs in the wild before so I was beside myself to have seen 3!

And mooses....lots and lots of mooses. My record for moose sightings is 14 in one day, got close this summer when I saw nine in one day but I think the record of 14 may stand for a while. The calf was the cutest...he was so energetic and playful...splashing around the pond and making his mom chase after him.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #38
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol

is that Lurry?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #39
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Golden eagle. Thing looked like it could pick ME up.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #40
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012sporttrd View Post
Yellowstone?