1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

coolest animal you have seen in the wild

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Leggo, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jan 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    You are...possibly...not joking...aren't you?

2. Jan 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    :rimshot:I thought it was funny.

3. Jan 7, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    BakerTaco

BakerTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lower Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 SR5
    Black UWS Toolbox, Window Tint, Weathertech mats, OME lift: 885x coils, top plate spacer, OME shocks all around, 2 inch AAL driver side trim packer, Toytec diff drop, Grillcraft, Colormatched grille, CHLM, 6000k HIDs - headlights and fogs, Smittybilt shackle hitch, ARB snatch strap, Pioneer avic x940bt headunit,
    I saw a dog once

4. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    Yeah, thats within 2 square miles of where she is usually seen.

5. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    Drummer0247

Drummer0247 International Jewel Thief

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Landcruiser
    ManBearPig.....

6. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    Drummer0247

Drummer0247 International Jewel Thief

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Landcruiser
    in all seriousness though prolly an armadillo....things are crazy, kept poking him trying to get him to curl up in a ball but he wouldnt do it....

7. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Saw a porcupine once..they are actually pretty big

8. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    We had two huge bald eagles in our yard .

One night it was just getting dark and I could hear eagles squaking pretty close to the house . I finished what I was doing and by now it was dark but I could still hear the eagles which is weird after dark .

I got a flashlight and went back and started scanning the tree tops and all of a sudden another eagle call but it was from down in the ditch about 6' away from me .

2 eagles had been fighting over territory and had locked talons in mid air and had tumbled down and landed in my ditch .

There wasn't much I could do but it was going to get to around freezing that night , so I just kept going out about every 1/2 hour and checking on them .

About 10pm they had seperated and one was standing on the side of the ditch , but the other guy was still laying in the ditch and there was blood on the white of his tail feathers

The next morning the perkier guy had left but the bloodied guy was perched on our bird bath , that was quite a sight but I didn't want to scare him off as he was hurt so I didn't go back to take a pic .

He hung around all morning and flew off to a cedar tree by the creek in our yard where he just chilled out the rest of the day .

They are amazingly big when you are close to them , and their beaks and talons are huge .

9. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
  10. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Iv seen:

Bear (black and brown)
    tons of deer
    Elk
    Moose
    coyotes
    wolves
    bald eagles
    cougars
    All kinds of small animals like porcupines and stuff

( all within a 45 mins from my home)

Wolverine - on the other side of the window while at camp up north.

11. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Grizzly Bear came out of the woods beside me while I was fishing. About 30 feet away. Seen other grizzlies and black bears while hiking and camping. Had my Rotti/German Shorthaired Pointer cross chase a large black bear out of our campsite and across a river.

While walking through the woods to a fishing hole my father-in-law and I were stalked by a cougar. We crossed a little tributary and were fishing from the "fork in the river" , and saw the cougar followed us on the path as far as the water, then sat there watching us for about 30 seconds - shit you not - 20 feet away. He decided not to proceed across the water and disappeared into the woods, because he didn't want to get wet or because we were looking at him (and i had a 9 mm on my hip). Very cool, and lucky to see a cougar so closely. They say if you've watched 1, 10 have watched you. Both happened in BC up in the Central Coast mountains.

12. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    wyotaco06

wyotaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Offroad 4x4 06
    I was out goose hunting in a beet field over decoys in S. Idaho about 15 years ago close to the Snake River. Two bald eagles locked talons right over the Snake, estimated to be 400ft in above water. The two males spiraled out of control, talons locked, until just about 20ft over the water they let go. They had to have been going over 50mph at that point. One turned around and soared up away from the water. The other hit the river with a huge splash, and was dead on impact. The water was calm where he hit, and not even the slightest ripple came out of the body as it floated slowly away. It was amazing to watch.

13. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Too many to count.
    Can't call any one of them "coolest"... they're all "cool" in their own way.
    The Pacific Electric Torpedo Ray can electrify the water around it to around 200v.
    I've encountered them more than once.
    I've encountered Blue, Leopard, and White sharks.
    I've encountered Giant/Black Sea Bass.

It's a totally different world 100ft down.

14. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    SoutheastTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    I usually see those at Walmart.

15. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  16. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    belone12

belone12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
    I've had some great cougar encounters here in NYC....

17. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:49 PM
    SoutheastTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    CRIKIES!!!

18. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Hey, I saw that guy mall crawling around here in a Tacoma the other day. Wasn't too impressed with his ride. Anyway, I think he's a member of this forum - had a "Tacoma World" sitcker in the back window, along with "Dixie Stampede," "Dollywood," and "I stop for strippers" stickers.

19. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    Hurtin Albertan

Hurtin Albertan Free Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Duck
    on the road less traveled
    Vehicle:
    The mud hides the tree scrapes in the paint
    Huskyliner floor mats
    Black bear and cub caught with my iPhone
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357621090.615375.jpg

20. Jan 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    Darth_Yota

Darth_Yota I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam-moron
    Somewhere USA
    Vehicle:
    Dented, broken-down ‘08 hoopty
    Ain’t good’nuff for insta
    Out fishing my friend and I saw this guy, 10' blue shark, the shark let us pull the boat right next to him, so close I could have grabbed it. But I didn't.[​IMG] that's the shark. My friend snapped a picture.

A couple summers ago flying around low above the water I saw a great white shark easily 18-20' long. Bunch of grey seals swimming around him and he was 3x the size of the bigger ones. Absolutely huge shark! Glad my engine didn't quit on me...

This last summer during a sailboat race my dad and I saw a leatherback turtle who was around 7-8' I would guess. Came right up to our USS (Ungodly Slow but Seaworthy) Falcor. Pretty rare thing to see, matched our boats speed no sweat, just checking us out getting some air.

And just last week coming back over on the Victoria clipper saw a pod of orcas, that was awesome!

Products Discussed in

To Top