Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

coolest animal you have seen in the wild

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #122
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post
I've had some great cougar encounters here in NYC....

Yup.
I've seen some beautiful cougars in the Boston area as well. They're facinating to watch.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #123
slatercat will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: Josh
slatercat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
races

Haha. I grew up in the home of the White Squirrels. Google it. There is an unusually high occurrence of albino gray squirrels. Not to mention meth heads. There is an unusually high occurrence of them a well. Must be something in the water.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #124
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Coolest? I dunno. I did quite a bit of field work in college. We found some fairly rare snakes but the coolest was probably a huge copperhead - pushing 3', which is big for them.

Seeing moose chilling right next to a major road in Anchorage was pretty crazy.

I've kept a lot of weird stuff over the years. True chameleons are amazingly odd. I had a neon yellow eyelash viper for a long time. It was pretty cool, but obviously not a wild encounter.

It's pretty neat when you're turkey hunting and a bird lands on the vent rib barrel of your shotgun. It's tough not to freak. Also cool when whitetail fawns will walk up to you and get a few feet away if the wind is right.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #126
slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Leggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeggo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Leggo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Coolest? I dunno. I did quite a bit of field work in college. We found some fairly rare snakes but the coolest was probably a huge copperhead - pushing 3', which is big for them.

Seeing moose chilling right next to a major road in Anchorage was pretty crazy.

I've kept a lot of weird stuff over the years. True chameleons are amazingly odd. I had a neon yellow eyelash viper for a long time. It was pretty cool, but obviously not a wild encounter.

It's pretty neat when you're turkey hunting and a bird lands on the vent rib barrel of your shotgun. It's tough not to freak. Also cool when whitetail fawns will walk up to you and get a few feet away if the wind is right.
I had a doe step on my foot one time when I was hunting. I was sitting up against a tree stump. Should have seen the look in her eye when she realized what was going on. Same trip I saw a bird flying thru the woods, hit a branch and go down hard, squawking and yelping loudly then fly off.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #127
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
Same trip I saw a bird flying thru the woods, hit a branch and go down hard, squawking and yelping loudly then fly off.
Lol. Nerdy birds are the worst.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #129
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a Peter Peckerbeater once. When I was in BC, Canadia. Scary shit.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #131
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll kill you
With a furball?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #133
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
With a furball?
No homo
Old 03-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #135
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Bald Eagles, see them every now and then around here. Saw a TON in Alaska...they all just chill on the ground. Meanwhile I'm like YO! You're endangered...get your butts in a tree!

Saw some humpback whales in Alaska. I thought that was pretty special. People were bragging how they saw Orca's but you can go to Sea World for those. You can't really see humpbacks.

I've still never seen a mountain lion in the wild...don't think I'd want to though.

Moose, black bear (too many too close for comfort), road runner...wild horses and the most majestic wild donkey EVER!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #136
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Bald Eagles, see them every now and then around here. Saw a TON in Alaska...they all just chill on the ground. Meanwhile I'm like YO! You're endangered...get your butts in a tree!

Saw some humpback whales in Alaska. I thought that was pretty special. People were bragging how they saw Orca's but you can go to Sea World for those. You can't really see humpbacks.

I've still never seen a mountain lion in the wild...don't think I'd want to though.

Moose, black bear (too many too close for comfort), road runner...wild horses and the most majestic wild donkey EVER!
Yeah

cause seeing a pod of Orcas in the wild is exactly the same as watching one endure the sensory deprivation experiment that is swimming in circles in a bathtub at Seaworld

I saw a family of Orcas beach and attack a Minke whale over 2 hours from about 75'
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #137
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Grizzly bear on top of the world highway this past summer. Got within 15 feet of him. Came around a corner and he was just walking across the road.

He was massive!
Attached Thumbnails
coolest animal you have seen in the wild-img_1716.jpg   coolest animal you have seen in the wild-img_1718.jpg   coolest animal you have seen in the wild-img_1698.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #138
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post

THe eagles are definitely plentiful up in AK...there used to be a lady in Homer that fed them in the winter (she passed away and it is illegal to feed the wild eagles so don't try it) I went there one day and there was over 60 eagles flying around. I have one pic with about 2 dozen on them in one shot. And then this guy...I always had to laugh at the signs.

Seen a mountain lion once when I was about 6 years old. Scary... it was walking across the road just up from where we were camped. It looked so relaxed as it slinked across the road.

Quote:
Yeah

cause seeing a pod of Orcas in the wild is exactly the same as watching one endure the sensory deprivation experiment that is swimming in circles in a bathtub at Seaworld

I saw a family of Orcas beach and attack a Minke whale over 2 hours from about 75'
I don't like zoos or aquariums I always feel so sad for the animals
Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #139
Feet in the water...
Silver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilver02Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Silver02Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Silver02Taco Send a message via AIM to Silver02Taco Send a message via MSN to Silver02Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Silver02Taco
While vacationing in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho with the Fam., I got to see both Osprey and Bald Eagles fishing in Lake Pend O'Reille. I had never seen either in the wild prior to that, so it was pretty cool.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #140
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Brown Bear near Sequoia National forest.
African Elephant (South Africa)

In San Diego county, I saw a Bald Eagle. A pair had made a nest up near Palomar Mountain. Saw a ton of them on our Alaska cruise.

I also saw some big horn sheep in the mountains near Anza Borego (Palm Canyon)

I've seen porpoises chasing a ship I was on. Saw sea turtles as well. One stuck it's head up to watch the ship go by.