Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How Many Lug Nuts are You Missing - The Game

Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
How Many Lug Nuts are You Missing - The Game

Anyone else play this game when driving around, and no I dont mean driving around without lug nuts on my Tacoma. I mean looking at other peoples cars and counting their lug nuts to see if they have them all on or in some cases all tightened...

I dont have any pictures, because most of the time I play this game when driving (stopped at red lights), and WOW there are a ton of cars that are missing atleast one lug nut. I saw a car at my office that was missing 2 out of 5 on one wheel. Saw a car at the grocery store that was missing 1 out of 5 on every single wheel, and out of the other 4 2 on each wheel was clearly not tight, they were sticking out very far!

Just find it amusing and unsafe, and even more funny when people have crazy aftermarket wheels and are missing them, or have a brand new (Inifinti, Acura, BMW... etc) and are missing them...
Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
I think there are many on here who might be have lost a few nuts.

HAHA
Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
yup ive seen this too. people just dont think about their vehicles or respect them like most of us on TW. for about two days i had to drive around with one lug nut missing, cause i broke the lug stud.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 5K service done at Toyota of Riverside and unknowingly drove 15 mins on the freeway with 2 out of 6 lug nuts. The dealer ship played it off like it was no big deal
Attached Thumbnails
How Many Lug Nuts are You Missing - The Game-297073_2523681052760_192335667_n.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I had a 5K service done at Toyota of Riverside and unknowingly drove 15 mins on the freeway with 2 out of 6 lug nuts. The dealer ship played it off like it was no big deal
WHAT. how the hell does that even happen. I'd be furious if i were you.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
WHAT. how the hell does that even happen. I'd be furious if i were you.
Apparently, it was "it was just human error and no damage was done." When they came to deliver the lug nuts an hour later, they could only find chrome ones. I had to wait a week for them to order black ones which I had to drive to the dealership and wait 45 mins to pick up. They sent me out the door without even an apology. Lesson learned; if you want something done right, do it yourself.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i have all mine on my truck and have my others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
I think there are many on here who might be have lost a few nuts.

HAHA
Like reg cab owners?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
I changed brake pads for a girl once.. Was missing 2 nuts on one wheel... On a 4 lug... I actually took a nut off my car so she would have at least 3...

My truck was missing one when I got it
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^She also drove a Toyota with 12mm lugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Apparently, it was "it was just human error and no damage was done." When they came to deliver the lug nuts an hour later, they could only find chrome ones. I had to wait a week for them to order black ones which I had to drive to the dealership and wait 45 mins to pick up. They sent me out the door without even an apology. Lesson learned; if you want something done right, do it yourself.
What's a verbal apology worth? Stupid mistakes like this, call Toyota Corporate and lodge a complaint. You can probably get a free oil change or something more out of it.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii8rC6CPCvM
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
andjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: LAXPD OIT
Name: Andew
andjenliang's Tacoma Gallery
This was on an old beat up toyota pickup at the intersection when we were waiting for the left turn light.
Attached Thumbnails
How Many Lug Nuts are You Missing - The Game-20130212_154408-0-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
^She also drove a Toyota with 12mm lugs?
This was pre taco, when I had my Chevy Malibu..