Of course, in a disaster, we plan to bug-in at home, not bug-out to elsewhere. Our chances are best at home, with everything there available to us. However, if we absolutely had to bug-out, we're pretty much ready for that too:
1. Truck - already basically equipped for bugging out (including cb radio & bed toolbox loaded with tools, responder medical kit, rope, syphoning gear, etc).
2. Fuel - at least two 5-gallon cans (syphoned from wife's truck, my truck nearly always three-quarters full).
3. Vehicle bug-out bags - one each (clothing, sleeping bags, lean-to (two together makes tent), basic cooking & eating gear, survival gear, etc).
4. Food & water - for us & dogs (food already packed (ony cycled occasionally), water constantly cycled to keep supply fresh).
5. Firearms & ammo - only toting what we can use at any moment - two 9mm pistols (one each) & a 20-guage pump shotgun.
6. Important papers & photos (sorry, but it's a truck with space for a bit more than five items ).