Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

In case of an emergency, what 5 things would you take with you?

Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Of course, in a disaster, we plan to bug-in at home, not bug-out to elsewhere. Our chances are best at home, with everything there available to us. However, if we absolutely had to bug-out, we're pretty much ready for that too:

1. Truck - already basically equipped for bugging out (including cb radio & bed toolbox loaded with tools, responder medical kit, rope, syphoning gear, etc).
2. Fuel - at least two 5-gallon cans (syphoned from wife's truck, my truck nearly always three-quarters full).
3. Vehicle bug-out bags - one each (clothing, sleeping bags, lean-to (two together makes tent), basic cooking & eating gear, survival gear, etc).
4. Food & water - for us & dogs (food already packed (ony cycled occasionally), water constantly cycled to keep supply fresh).
5. Firearms & ammo - only toting what we can use at any moment - two 9mm pistols (one each) & a 20-guage pump shotgun.
6. Important papers & photos (sorry, but it's a truck with space for a bit more than five items ).
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I kind of know what to put in it..was looking more for suggestions on bags.
It all depends on how much $$$ you are willing to spend?

RECOIL magazine did a great BOB article with just a $300 budget. They bought an old ARMY sack from their local Army/Navy store for $20, I think.

Arc'teryx is a very good company with great quality products but they are $$$.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #23
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I kind of know what to put in it..was looking more for suggestions on bags.
All I can say is don't go cheap!! Think if you have to walk a long way with it . You also may not want it to be a straight up military style it might imply things and cause you problems. As a side note screaming hunter orange pack probably a really bad idea LOL I have seen one person with one as a B.O.B lol I almost fell over laughing well after I put my sunglasses on....

Cypher
Old 02-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #24
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmcsantosj View Post

RECOIL magazine did a great BOB article with just a $300 budget. They bought an old ARMY sack from their local Army/Navy store for $20, I think.

I prefer overboard bags. But then again I live on an island.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #25
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
^^Yacht with drive way and bag.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #26
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
canned food, water, gasoline, tacoma, gun(s)/ammo
Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
^^Yacht with drive way and bag.
A yacht would be nice. I wish I was on that echelon. I only work for those people. Hmmm maybe I can tag along with them. Surely they'll need someone who can fish. Lol
Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #28
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
All I can say is don't go cheap!! Think if you have to walk a long way with it . You also may not want it to be a straight up military style it might imply things and cause you problems. As a side note screaming hunter orange pack probably a really bad idea LOL I have seen one person with one as a B.O.B lol I almost fell over laughing well after I put my sunglasses on....

Cypher
lol
Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
Defend Hawaii

On second thought maybe I'd get a gun. But something more like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #30
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmcsantosj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post

Cypher
I was checkin out bags on ebay earlier, cheap! Even an expensive one was $70.

I think ill check it out more tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #31
reastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to all
Name: Adam
reastiebeagle's Tacoma Gallery
Maxpedition bags are good. You can usually find good deals for bug out items on dvor.com.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #33
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
9MM. x2, ak47, 12 Ga.,, Bed full of ammo...5 things check..Jim
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
My bug out bag isn't really for a zombie apocalypse, more so a real emergency, or stranded situation.

Contents are in a normal sized North Face backpack. Too big a pack will slow you down and require too much energy to hump around.

Contents:
Jacket
Beanie
Gloves
Knife
Matches
Lighter
Surefire flash light
Rope/cord
Bandage material

First strike MRE x 2
4 or 5 trail mix bars
Vitamin packs
Electrolyte packs
Nalgene - full
Plastic water bottle - full
Water purification tablets

I'm sure there are a couple other items in there, but that's the gist of it.

With this I could last at least 4-5 days comfortably while I figured out my way out of the sticky situation, granted I could find a water source.

To answer the OP's question, I'd grab the bag and my AR and shove all the ammo I could in the bag and beat feet if I had to go on foot.

5 things - Bag, Guns, Ammo, Fuel, Truck
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #35
Banned
Colt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt1195 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Colt1195's Tacoma Gallery
I cant believe no one mentioned condoms or Astroglide. Do you guys plans on being celebate for months or years ?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #36

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
My bug out bag isn't really for a zombie apocalypse, more so a real emergency, or stranded situation.

Contents are in a normal sized North Face backpack. Too big a pack will slow you down and require too much energy to hump around.

Contents:
Jacket
Beanie
Gloves
Knife
Matches
Lighter
Surefire flash light
Rope/cord
Bandage material

First strike MRE x 2
4 or 5 trail mix bars
Vitamin packs
Electrolyte packs
Nalgene - full
Plastic water bottle - full
Water purification tablets

I'm sure there are a couple other items in there, but that's the gist of it.

With this I could last at least 4-5 days comfortably while I figured out my way out of the sticky situation, granted I could find a water source.

To answer the OP's question, I'd grab the bag and my AR and shove all the ammo I could in the bag and beat feet if I had to go on foot.

5 things - Bag, Guns, Ammo, Fuel, Truck
Looks good! At first, I thought you wrote "rape cord" for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt1195 View Post
I cant believe no one mentioned condoms or Astroglide. Do you guys plans on being celebate for months or years ?

Someone did mention a "flesh light" Pretty sure that's right up in the same alley lol
Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #37
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery

bunch of these:

id take the wife/dog, brothers sisters, and parents, and go get on a boat.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #38
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Truck stays gassed up...survival stuff such as shelter/fire/etc stays in the truck...sooo...

Truck, a couple guns, laptop, cash and my go bags
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
krink, m&p9, eberlestock pack, truck, bugout case.

good to go.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #40
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i'm staying put. i live in a crowded area..the area would be gridlocked.