Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

In case of an emergency, what 5 things would you take with you?

Old 02-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
In case of an emergency, what 5 things would you take with you?

You're at home and an emergency occurs and surprises the nation. What 5 things would you take with you in case of an emergency. Fire, flood, apocalypse, freeze over, twister, zombies or whatever else is out there. Family and pets are included, so no need to mention those.

Point of the thread is, whatever you take is your supply till you can gather more goods from elsewhere. You can never return to your home to collect anything else.

Replies are good. Pictures are preferred.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
MPW is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MPW's Tacoma Gallery
Medications, money, water, cell, clothes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Guns, non-perishable food, water and my camping gear which includes a tent, propane grill and a survival kit (hatchet, military shovel, matches).
Old 02-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
I think that food and water are a must. The other 3 are personal preference.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
ive got my "go to hell" bag... has a flashlight, waterproof matches, bullets, leatherman, water purifier, some mountain house backpacker meals, boiling pot, nalgean, collapsible saw, small first aid kit, gloves, and a few other odds and ends.

thats all in one sack so i would count that as one thing...

other items would be tent, car, gas, and my dogs.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
22 rifle with ~1,000 rounds of ammo, canned food, water bottles, jacket,ATV for transportation.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Food, water, cell, clothes for various conditions, flesh light.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #9

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
ive got my "go to hell" bag... has a flashlight, waterproof matches, bullets, leatherman, water purifier, some mountain house backpacker meals, boiling pot, nalgean, collapsible saw, small first aid kit, gloves, and a few other odds and ends.

thats all in one sack so i would count that as one thing...

other items would be tent, car, gas, and my dogs.
Any BOB's (bail out bags or bug out bags) are consider one item so you're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Food, water, cell, clothes for various conditions, flesh light.
At "flesh light"
Old 02-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY4JMEBOOZE View Post
Hand gun, food, water, extra gas tanks, and my tacoma.

That pretty much covers it. Except I'd prefer an assault style firearm. Or shotty.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
TOY4JMEBOOZE is on a distinguished road

TOY4JMEBOOZE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
That pretty much covers it. Except I'd prefer an assault style firearm. Or shotty.
If i had a shotty, that. When end of the world shit happens, food, water, and shelter become precious and if people are in need of it and there is not enough to go around, people would kill for it. And i will protect myself 1st
Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
my truck, my gf, my gas cans, my radios, food:-)
Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
The G.O.D bags and preset containered items,protection items,important papers in pelican case, meds and gone with the gas cans to get 2/3s of the way back north with out going to a gas station. Though,depending on time before having to leave I can have every important thing out and in my 6x10 trailer and gone in under 6 hours don't need furniture, knick nacks etc etc :}.

Cypherian
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #14

Marines:
I also think that firearms are a must. When supplies are low people with turn against each other. Having a firearm means protection from those trying to steal from your and your fam.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #15
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I need to make me up a bug out bag..any reccomendations?
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Here is a starter but it is all dependent on where , when , how and what your personal needs are along with limitations placed on what you can have in your bag by laws and place of employment. Some additional clothing , shoes time of year dependent flip flops aren't going to last long lol, emergency charger cell phone IE AA battery type I am sure many others will chime in but there is also this thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eir-truck.html

Cypher

http://zombiehunters.org/flyer/ZS-bob-trifold.pdf
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #17

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
It really all the depends on where you live. Different areas require different things.

Here's a good basic list of things you can add to you BOB:

Bug Out Bag Basics

Just like the contents of everyone’s closet, refrigerator and medicine cabinet are different from the next, so will the precise contents of each person’s bug out bag. At the very least, however, your bug out bag should contain the following essentials:

Non-perishable foods (such as pre-cooked canned meats, jerky, boxed juices, coffee, etc.)
Water (at least week’s supply for each family member’s drinking and hygiene)
An extra supply of
prescription medications (don’t forget pet medications)
First aid supplies
Pet food
Durable, warm clothing (if applicable)
Outdoor cooking and eating utensils
Items to protect you from the elements (sleeping bag, tent, water-resistant clothing, etc.)
Personal security items

Cash (small bills are recommended)

More info can be found here...http://www.homesecuritystore.com/blo...y-bug-out-bag/

Some of the items on this list are garbage. I highlighted the ones I think everyone MUST have.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I kind of know what to put in it..was looking more for suggestions on bags.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #19
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Emergency bag (useful during the last two tsunami warnings), camping gear (includes dive/hunt gear), and truck/SUV (both are already equipped with emergency gear and first aid items)... Pretty much it. Don't really need cell phones or guns. Hiding works and there's enough places here for that. Live like the old Hawaiians.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma, Gas, Gun, food, my cat (like live stock) lol.
My family would take up space for food and gas.