Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Your back and body movement!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
When I was 21 I wrecked on my mountain bike pretty bad. tweaked my back and compressed the disk. back pain is THE WORST! I ended up doing physical therapy twice a week for 3 months. The best thing I did (and still do occasionally) is ice and stimulation. I LOVED it when they hooked up the electrodes to my back and laid the ice packs on there. Unfortunately... that injured, even though I have healed from it for the most part, cost me my job in the firefighting field (with the help of a bad economy of course).

Best I can tell you is do some back strengthening exercises and dont do anything crazy on it for a while. I am also about to get an inversion table to help on my bad days.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #22
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
When I was 21 I wrecked on my mountain bike pretty bad. tweaked my back and compressed the disk. back pain is THE WORST! I ended up doing physical therapy twice a week for 3 months. The best thing I did (and still do occasionally) is ice and stimulation. I LOVED it when they hooked up the electrodes to my back and laid the ice packs on there. Unfortunately... that injured, even though I have healed from it for the most part, cost me my job in the firefighting field (with the help of a bad economy of course).

Best I can tell you is do some back strengthening exercises and dont do anything crazy on it for a while. I am also about to get an inversion table to help on my bad days.
I effed up last year early and went over the bars slamming down on my back. Mis-read the downhill turn and after that I've been hesitant to do much single track. Scary shit
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #23
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
I feel ya when it comes to backpain when I was a young Marine all we did was hump up and down camp pendleton than when I became a sniper more and even more humping miss A.L.I.C.E all over god's green sandy snowy earth I've been out since 2010 and I have had nothing but problems with my back I started going to the chiropractor and after 4 treatments I was back on my feet happy as can be than here comes the backpain again 3 more treatments I was good to go again than I talked to my physical thearapy buddy and he showed me stuff to strengthen my back muscles and I haven't had a problem in over a year good luck bro back shit sucks strengthen your back and you should be good to go

Punctuation!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #24
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
I effed up last year early and went over the bars slamming down on my back. Mis-read the downhill turn and after that I've been hesitant to do much single track. Scary shit
Yeah I haven't gotten back on the bike after that. Ive tried, but it is just too brutal on my body anymore. I had been riding since 2000 up until that accident with many accidents in between. I was in single track as well and came around a turn way too fast on some slick leaves and slammed my whole torso into a tree at about 15 or so mph (coming down off part of a hill).
Old 02-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #25
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
My first real crash on street bike was about 70mph into a cadillac
The guy did a left turn right infront of me. I was on a 96 ZX7R. wrists are messed up too. Broke off both clips ons, and the gas tank came off with me.
probably the one that did all the damage, but I'm sure the following crashes did not help. Another one was bad lowside. Was going way too fast on a long freeway on ramp with cold tires. Seemed like I was gonna tumble forever. The hardest thing is getting back on and learning to trust your tires again. I've had to have atleast 10 significant crashes, but only 3 bad wrecks. And thats more than enough.
Dont let your kids ride a motorcycle
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 AM   #26
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
Yeah I haven't gotten back on the bike after that. Ive tried, but it is just too brutal on my body anymore. I had been riding since 2000 up until that accident with many accidents in between. I was in single track as well and came around a turn way too fast on some slick leaves and slammed my whole torso into a tree at about 15 or so mph (coming down off part of a hill).
I've heard the full sus bikes are a lot easier on your back over hard tail. I'd consider this if I went off pavement anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
My first real crash on street bike was about 70mph into a cadillac
The guy did a left turn right infront of me. I was on a 96 ZX7R. wrists are messed up too. Broke off both clips ons, and the gas tank came off with me.
probably the one that did all the damage, but I'm sure the following crashes did not help. Another one was bad lowside. Was going way too fast on a long freeway on ramp with cold tires. Seemed like I was gonna tumble forever. The hardest thing is getting back on and learning to trust your tires again. I've had to have atleast 10 significant crashes, but only 3 bad wrecks. And thats more than enough.
Dont let your kids ride a motorcycle
Geez, you know the super slow careful guy that's typically riding a Touring/adventure bike of some sort? I'm that slow guy only on a zx6. I am far from using the full potential of that bike. Except the occasional night at the drag strip.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Actually, no I never have thought about yoga. I've never been flexible one bit at all. That might be a good activity for the wife and I to do.
it is great thing to do together. being a yoga teacher i have helped a lot of bad backs with yoga,but you have to make it a long term thing if you want to stay healthy.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #28
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Punctuation!!!
Thats all you had to say about my post flyboy REALLY