Notices

Your back and body movement!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Your back and body movement!

So. Without a clue of how I did this injury, all I can say is IT SUCKS!!! Pinched disk in my lower back. 24 years old and have as bad of a back as the guys that are 60+ in my shop. Wtf

/rant

I totally took for granted how nice it is to move with ease and athleticism.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you are back on your feet soon!!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
The slowest build EVER!!

Thanks! Just went to doctor today. Pain killers are helping a lot. Just want to be back working ASAP.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 37 and just had my second back surgery this past monday
I had a string of bad motorcycle crashes from my early 20s. They are all catching up with me now...
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should try a chiropractor, I work for one. Then try some physical therapy to strengthen your back.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have the worst back pain stemming from my scoliosis, but the chiropractor has been working it pretty hard and I'm doing a lot better. He can stretch and adjust it in ways I never thought possible.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I'm 37 and just had my second back surgery this past monday
I had a string of bad motorcycle crashes from my early 20s. They are all catching up with me now...
I luckily have not been in a motorcycle related crash, with traffic anymore I almost am to the point of only riding in groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpgillespie View Post
I think you should try a chiropractor, I work for one. Then try some physical therapy to strengthen your back.
Lots of people have said chiropractors are the way to go with an injury like this. I might try it out.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
Lots of people have said chiropractors are the way to go with an injury like this. I might try it out.
Also look into spinal decompression. It's like a modern version of the rack.

Serious about spinal decompression, kidding about the rack.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #9
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
I feel ya, just returned from a deployment and the docs found my 3rd vertabra was fractured from a previos deployment and I have compression above and below the old injury. Drugs = movement. And as posted above I guess they are going to try and put my old a$$ on the rack for physical therapy come the 20th.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch96r View Post
I feel ya, just returned from a deployment and the docs found my 3rd vertabra was fractured from a previos deployment and I have compression above and below the old injury. Drugs = movement. And as posted above I guess they are going to try and put my old a$$ on the rack for physical therapy come the 20th.
That sounds more painful, man...don't know how you do it. Thank you for your service!

That rack pictured above...wwooo I thought it hurt when the doc pulled a little.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
I did suffer from cronic back pain caused from the 28 yrs of hunching over a cutting table and have found that using an inversion table has done wonders for my back. Just another idea an avenue other than meds.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
It's easy to do when your havin fun. Best decision I made was to enlist. Man don't say that!!!! lol I know that's all I picture is the rack so I am a little nervous goin in. But your good man, your young so you should recover kinda quick, for us older folks it's not as easy as it used to be.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
have you thought about a good yoga class, and then you slowly learn what your body needs, then every day at home you do your streaching. your back WILL GET BETTER.as long as you find a teacher that knows what they are doing. the biggest thing is short hamstrings,the back of your leg.streach them often and your back will get better.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I hurt my back when I was 23 still in the AF. I bent over to lift a roll up door. The doors were not even heavy! I however used my back to lift with and pulled a muscule. Hurt like shit for a few days. I got some pain meds and some pain killers. I only ended up taking one pain killer because I fell asleep for like 13 hours after I took it... Some ibeprofin helped for the nex few days and eventually I got back to normal.

Good luck buddy.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve103 View Post
have you thought about a good yoga class, and then you slowly learn what your body needs, then every day at home you do your streaching. your back WILL GET BETTER.as long as you find a teacher that knows what they are doing. the biggest thing is short hamstrings,the back of your leg.streach them often and your back will get better.
Actually, no I never have thought about yoga. I've never been flexible one bit at all. That might be a good activity for the wife and I to do.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. It sucks. I have two herniated disks, happened when i was 20 and finally had surgery at 22. Its just something you have to deal with for the rest of your life, but once you get used to it and no what to do and what not to do it isnt that bad
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, man! Hope things get better for you! Here's wishing for a speedy recovery.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
The slowest build EVER!!

Its funny. You don't want to admit that your parents were right when they said be more careful it will hurt later. And all I can think about is four years ago I could do what I want and I just bounced back up.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
I feel ya when it comes to backpain when I was a young Marine all we did was hump up and down camp pendleton than when I became a sniper more and even more humping miss A.L.I.C.E all over god's green sandy snowy earth I've been out since 2010 and I have had nothing but problems with my back I started going to the chiropractor and after 4 treatments I was back on my feet happy as can be than here comes the backpain again 3 more treatments I was good to go again than I talked to my physical thearapy buddy and he showed me stuff to strengthen my back muscles and I haven't had a problem in over a year good luck bro back shit sucks strengthen your back and you should be good to go
Old 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
I did suffer from cronic back pain caused from the 28 yrs of hunching over a cutting table and have found that using an inversion table has done wonders for my back. Just another idea an avenue other than meds.
I have had good experience with my inversion table too. You dont even have to go fully inverted either. Less than 45 degrees inverted for 5-10 minutes everyday makes a big difference. just have to be able to relax.