Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Pregnant coworker- do you give a gift?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Pregnant coworker- do you give a gift?

One of my coworkers who I work with on a regular basis is going to give birth at any moment. I feel like I need to give a gift but am unsure where to start. I am very unfamiliar with the proper etiquette in this situation. What have you guys done and what $$ range should I stay in?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Newborn baby outfit and 2 month old baby outfit? Like $15? Seems like any help you give is appreciated to me. I've given baby clothes in the past because they outgrow them very quickly
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Target or babies r us gift card would be nice .
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sido View Post
One of my coworkers who I work with on a regular basis is going to give birth at any moment. I feel like I need to give a gift but am unsure where to start. I am very unfamiliar with the proper etiquette in this situation. What have you guys done and what $$ range should I stay in?
These days.. I just give a card with a 25 dollar gift card in it when my kids were born we got a TON of stuff some of it sadly never even got used. We had it for the second but were given another TON of stuff so I figure they know what they need they can get it. Just my thoughts.

Cypher
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
X2 target gift card

We always had baby showers at work. Was standard to bring a package of diapers. Was said that Walmart or target will let you exchange unopened packages for the right size if needed even if they didn't come from there
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
...if it were me, ...i'd use the following discriminator:

is the co-worker a good friend of yours?

1) yes: ok, get a little gift.

2) no: i'd stay out of it...