Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Valentine's Day! (help a brother out thread)

Old 02-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Valentine's Day! (help a brother out thread)

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, but I can't find a discussion about it. I was just wondering what everyone had planned for their woman. If you just thought to yourself, "Nothing", then you might want to take some notes from people responding.

We aren't big on pointless gifts, so I'm about to look up dinner recipes and cook for her. I cook about twice a year, so she will be surprised. I'm also thinking about roses and buying some stuff for us to dip strawberries in chocolate at home.

If anyone has better ideas, my plans may change. Try to keep it semi-serious.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
I forgot tomorrow was Valentine's Day until my gf reminded me this morning! She treats it as a special day -- I, on the other hand, don't share the same feelings (hope she isn't lurking this thread).

Not sure you really need help, though. I like your idea of cooking dinner. It's simple and something you don't do often. I'm sure she'll appreciate the time/care you put into it!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
Man I feel bad, you guys are studs! I went with the trusy flowers n candy approach. May have to update my way of doin things
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
V -day is the biggest scam.

i love my wife..so i'll do something. i am cooking her dinner. seared scallops, maybe kill a lobster and grill it.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch96r View Post
Man I feel bad, you guys are studs! I went with the trusy flowers n candy approach. May have to update my way of doin things
Women love a man that can cook, even if it's not the greatest spread with fine china.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You cook twice a year . Good lord .
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
we (me and my wife) dont buy into the whole "flowers, candy, cards" BS... If we do anything its a new pair of underwear for each other...haha

Why wait till feb 14th to do something nice for your significant other? Do it on a random occasion that isnt dictated by hallmark and crappy chocolate candy? haha

thats my take on it.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
Most week nights we cook together and clean but she is BIG TIME into V-day. Me not so much so it's hard to get motivated. Yup I will stop and pick up some things on the way home. Thank you Gentlemen!!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
There is your answer---"V" Give it to the V.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #12
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Can't stand Valentine's Day...but the lady loves it. In lieu of going out, I got us a nice fondue set and we'll mix up some chocolate and cheese fondue at home with some wine. We enjoy cooking together and it's something new and exciting so it should be fun! Also, bringing her flowers at work and got her a new purse. Damn I hope I score some brownie points for doing all this for a bogus holiday! Lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of Valentine's Day. At all. Maybe if I had ever had someone to share it with, I wouldn't hate it so bad. :/
I also agree with Zombie Runner- why wait for a specific day of the year to show someone you love them?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
i bought dildos for a bunch of female friends and a card attached that says "this can only be fun for so long. i'll be home tonight after 9."

does that count?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
YES! My wife and I play xbox together. Halo, COD. Its pretty fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
There is your answer---"V" Give it to the V.
and this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Not a fan of Valentine's Day. At all. Maybe if I had ever had someone to share it with, I wouldn't hate it so bad. :/
I also agree with Zombie Runner- why wait for a specific day of the year to show someone you love them?
I have a coworker that bitches all the time about valentines day but every year he still goes out and blows money on goofy shit for it...
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with you guys saying why wait for one day of the year to show them that you love them. Problem is...even though I show that year round...I can't drop the ball on V-day as it's important to her. You win some, you lose some, and some things you just accept lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
We have been Married for 14 years in March. I cook all the time, so that would not be out of the norm. Candy and a card it is. I am however looking forward to March, 14th.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
We have been Married for 14 years in March. I cook all the time, so that would not be out of the norm. Candy and a card it is. I am however looking forward to March, 14th.
http://ebay.deathproofduck.com/wp-co...856e2ed52.jpeg
YES! Haha I did manage to toss that into conversation when talking about Valentine's Day. Basically said if she gets a holiday, so do I!