Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

A gallon of liquid nitrogen. Want epic explosion.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
LOL!! Salt water pool wont matter. However......the clorine could creat somthing pretty deadly.
Only if you're within about 50' when the bar gets dropped
Old 02-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #22
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just got to my comp. As far as the "Explosion" goes......Nothing really exciting is gonna happen. Now.....however.....If you want to do something cool, get some sodium metal, about 1 pound, and drop it in a swimming pool.
wrap it in something that will take a few seconds for the water so soak through....like an entire roll of paper towel, that way it will sink and you can see if you can break through the pool liner

and here is something I came across after reading an article about a University making a super sonic pingpong ball gun

this one is a good explosion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=6bpjN5wHRNQ#!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
wrap it in something that will take a few seconds for the water so soak through....like an entire roll of paper towel, that way it will sink and you can see if you can break through the pool liner

and here is something I came across after reading an article about a University making a super sonic pingpong ball gun

this one is a good explosion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=6bpjN5wHRNQ#!
Dry ice is easier to come by, and does the same thing.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #25
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Actually.......when I used dry ice to proppell a ball into the air......it blew the shit out of the trash can..........technically.....2.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #26
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Actually.......when I used dry ice to proppell a ball into the air......it blew the shit out of the trash can..........technically.....2.

the supersonic pingpong ball was done using a vaccum chamber. pretty impressive stuff, actually shot a pingpong ball through a paddle...

anyways, dry ice is easier to come by, but he has liquid nitrogen already.

does anyone know if you could manage to make a release valve on the lid of a 2 liter and wait till the pressure builds and open the valve to launch the bottle?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #27

Quote:

the supersonic pingpong ball was done using a vaccum chamber. pretty impressive stuff, actually shot a pingpong ball through a paddle...

anyways, dry ice is easier to come by, but he has liquid nitrogen already.

does anyone know if you could manage to make a release valve on the lid of a 2 liter and wait till the pressure builds and open the valve to launch the bottle?
Not with dry ice. Each bottle seems to react differently to the temp of the inside components, and pressures fluctuate accordingly. I tried to make a rocket out of one, and had a ball valve, with a long as fuck string attached, but as the bottle began to grow under the pressure, I became kinda hyptnotized by the size it was, and forgot to pull the string. That blast brought the police to my house.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #28
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #29

I mean for the OP, set it up for using liquid nitrogen.

then again, it would be fun to try it again anyways....

what did the cops say about it?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #30

Quote:

I mean for the OP, set it up for using liquid nitrogen.

then again, it would be fun to try it again anyways....

what did the cops say about it?
Well.....It didnt help that I was drunk, first of all. they asked me if I knew, or saw what had happened, and I said "NOPE!". Then, as they saw the big assed cooler, with 15# of dry ice expunging smoke out from under the lid, they began wispering to each other. They asked a few more questions, and then they left. Never heard anything about it.

The REAL funny one though, was when Mountainwilfpup, myself, and some other friends, got drunk, made a few dry ice bombs, and blew the ever loving shit out of some steel trash cans. I panicked a little, as I grossly underestimated the power of these bombs I made, and threw another steel trash can over the last one (which hadnt blown up yet). Anyway, the bomb squad showed up, along with the cops, and as we were on our patio, drunk, and watched these guys sit back about 30 feet from the un detonated inverted steel trash can, with their bomb blast shields and shit. they were trying to decide if they wanted to "Expose the device" by taking the can off it. Anyway, as they argued about if and who was going to do the deed, I went inside for another beer. Then......BOOOOM!!!!!!

This fucking thing flattened the can like it was a beer can, and blew limbs off the trees next to it. Given my state of intoxication.....I cant remember what all happened next. I think the cops asked us some questions, left, then some kid ran up the stairs, spit on my buddy, and my buddy maced him.......and I think there was a pigeon doing somthing.....I was pretty fucked up.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #31
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well.....It didnt help that I was drunk, first of all. they asked me if I knew, or saw what had happened, and I said "NOPE!". Then, as they saw the big assed cooler, with 15# of dry ice expunging smoke out from under the lid, they began wispering to each other. They asked a few more questions, and then they left. Never heard anything about it.

The REAL funny one though, was when Mountainwilfpup, myself, and some other friends, got drunk, made a few dry ice bombs, and blew the ever loving shit out of some steel trash cans. I panicked a little, as I grossly underestimated the power of these bombs I made, and threw another steel trash can over the last one (which hadnt blown up yet). Anyway, the bomb squad showed up, along with the cops, and as we were on our patio, drunk, and watched these guys sit back about 30 feet from the un detonated inverted steel trash can, with their bomb blast shields and shit. they were trying to decide if they wanted to "Expose the device" by taking the can off it. Anyway, as they argued about if and who was going to do the deed, I went inside for another beer. Then......BOOOOM!!!!!!

This fucking thing flattened the can like it was a beer can, and blew limbs off the trees next to it. Given my state of intoxication.....I cant remember what all happened next. I think the cops asked us some questions, left, then some kid ran up the stairs, spit on my buddy, and my buddy maced him.......and I think there was a pigeon doing somthing.....I was pretty fucked up.
Apparently. Are you sure peyote wasn't involved?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Apparently. Are you sure peyote wasn't involved?
yes. I never did Peyote....unless......that was the shit in the pot I smoked that made my pool chair take off, with me in it, and start flying around.....scared the shit out of me.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #33
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes. I never did Peyote....unless......that was the shit in the pot I smoked that made my pool chair take off, with me in it, and start flying around.....scared the shit out of me.
It's possible. Unless you ate a huge burrito after getting stoned and just had an epic fart in the chair.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
It's possible. Unless you ate a huge burrito after getting stoned and just had an epic fart in the chair.
Nope. Just recovering from a hangover, and this dude was bragging about how "good" his weed was. I called bullshit, took a few hits, then the fucking chair took off. After it landed, the next thing I remembered I was on the floor of the bathroom trying to puke.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #36
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Swamp Donkey's Tacoma Gallery
Another quick question about the liquid nitrogen. Does the container I am filling up have to be right full to the top with hardly any airspace? Because I am thinking of using an empty protein powder container with the lid duct taped on, or a 5 gallon blue drinking water container. Bigger container, thicker plastic bigger boom.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
Another quick question about the liquid nitrogen. Does the container I am filling up have to be right full to the top with hardly any airspace? Because I am thinking of using an empty protein powder container with the lid duct taped on, or a 5 gallon blue drinking water container. Bigger container, thicker plastic bigger boom.
I would think that about 2/3 would be good, it would give more room for the gas to build pressure in. what is gonna give a bigger boom, 400 cubic inches of air compressed to 300 PSI or 100 cubic inches at 300 PSI
Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #38
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is awesome
Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The next one that I build (dry ice) is going to have a thick 2 liter, filled with hot water, a tied to a cinder block....and dropped into about 100 feet of water to watch the eruption of bubbles....
Keep in mind that at 100ft, the bottle will be under 4 ATA... 3 atmospheres more than at the surface.

For comparison, at 100ft, you can slip a tennis ball through the neck of a milk bottle.

It'll take 3x normal pressure to get the bottle to explode at 100ft.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Keep in mind that at 100ft, the bottle will be under 4 ATA... 3 atmospheres more than at the surface.

For comparison, at 100ft, you can slip a tennis ball through the neck of a milk bottle.

It'll take 3x normal pressure to get the bottle to explode at 100ft.
that is why i will use a lot of dry ice...or just put it in my pool in about 6 foot instead.....I havent decided yet

I may also wrap one with a crap ton of duct tap and leave the cap unwrapped (and scored witha knife) and see if I can launch it into the air