1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help With Invention

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by monsterkx2fiddy, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

monsterkx2fiddy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birthplace of Davy Crockett
    So I have an idea with what I think could be the future in microwaves. Now I have not build a proto type. But I do not think it would be that difficult if I can use a microwave that is already made. So how do I go about everything? Do I need to build a proto type, how do I get things started?

2. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    42boxer

42boxer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brannon
    Mcguire AFB, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma TRD
    Plenty to come
    Well i have no idea but dont give your idea out haha

3. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Search Craigslist for cheap ass microwaves because you will probably wreck a few. Just go for it. It's more of an improvement than a whole new invention it sounds like. Once you prove it works you can sell it to the companies.

4. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM
    MontanaTaco

MontanaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colter
    Relocated to Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB Sport
    OME lift
    Get a patent if you are serious about it, then let us know what you are talking about

5. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

Member:
    I am most definetly serious about it. I have googled away multiple times and have not found anything like what I am thinking.

So male a prototype then what? How do I go about a patent and sending to companies? I have googled away and it said that I would need a lawyer. Which I am a broke 20 year old.

6. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Now I am curious..... :spy:

7. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    PCHearn

PCHearn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    Go to Quirky.com. It's legit and has helped lots of people make millions. It was featured on Jay Leno the other night.

8. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

Member:
    Lock and key.:censored:

Okay It is kind of like this.
    :violent:
    Not really lol

9. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Patent it before you do anything like sending away prototypes and showing people.

10. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM
    MontanaTaco

MontanaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colter
    Relocated to Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB Sport
    OME lift
    I would go talk to a law firm and see what they have to say. Making a working prototype is going to cost a lot more than you think. I would start with a objective tree on what the object/invention is going to do and break it down that way. Have priority at the top and the less important things on the bottom. I'm currently taking a class where we are doing this exact thing and going through the process of designing a project from start to finish, its a lot more involved than I thought.
    We could team up?:D

11. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    You need to invest your own time and money to make a functional prototype long before you can get design patents or sell your idea. Document EVERYTHING. Cost, part numbers, amount of each part, assembly instructions. This will make life so much easier when you move to the next step of proposing it to the companies or making your own line of proprietary microwaves. Once you have a working prototype you can get a patent lawyer through investors so it won't cost you your beer money.

12. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

Member:
    I will look into that tomorrow at work. I just really hope my idea does not get jacked...
    That is what I am most afraid of. Like that commerical on tv about inventing? I think that is a quack.

13. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

Member:
    Okay I am going to go to bed. But I will be on this thread in the morning. I have only told my grandfather and he said it is a great idea and he wanted to make a prototype but we have been lost as to where to go from there and how expensive it would be for everyday use.

14. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    OK, I think I can help you with this.
    First, will this involve modifying a microwave, taking it apart adding or removing parts?
    Second, could this possibly blow up or burn the house down?
    Third, will this in anyway require a flame thrower or a 44 magnum?
    Fourth, do you drink Jägermeister and own a video camera?
    If you answered yes to two or more of these PM Chris4X4.
    :rolleyes:

15. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    :rofl:

16. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    You don't need to actually build it to patent it. Detailed drawings and descriptions are sufficient.

That said - it's still a pain in the *ss to try and get a patent without a patent attorney.

You'll probably find the information on the US patent and trademark office useful:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/howtopat.htm

17. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Payent laywers = big money. There are companys out there that specialize in ineventions. Pattent laywers and marketers and a bunch of stuff i dont understand, all i know is it can be a very expensive process.

18. Feb 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Also before you get to excited search as much as you can through existing patents. Just because your idea has never been made or sold before doesnt mean that there is no patent for it.

19. Feb 15, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    false, you have to prove it works to get a patent. Do a search and then hire an attorney to file. then after that you can try to either sell the idea or start production. do not expose the idea/prototype to public consumption. I would research the prospect of sales before seeking a lawyer. (10-20K to get the patent, then maint. fee's from there out)
    seek funding from the three f's,.... fools, family, or friends.

20. Feb 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    monsterkx2fiddy

Member:
    I just used this website. This is where I should be looking at right?
    http://patft.uspto.gov

I searched for kind of specific to what I want to do. And nothing tried a few different ways as well. But when I searched microwave there is over 15000 listings.

Products Discussed in

To Top