Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Random rant about radio...

Old 02-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
Random rant about radio...

Are the local radio stations in your area ruining your favorite bands for you by playing them over and over to the point wher you are sick of them. Since I HATE pop music and I am not really a fan of country, my options are somewhat limited here in Maine. But...

Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Guns & Roses over and over and over and over and over...

Dont get me wrong, these are great bands and some of my favorites. It is to the point where I hear any one of them and need to just shut the radio off. I wish we had a real metal station or even a good oldies station just so I can hear something different.

Is it like this where you are?
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
The problem with classic rock stations is that there is never anything new to play. They have no choice but to play the same stuff over and over.

As for everything else like new country, They play the same ten songs all day. I don't even listen to my radio anymore.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
all i listen to is country, and alot of new songs get old quick. songs that got old super quick and i cant stand anymore when i actually loved them when they first came out

cruise by fl ga line

^ mainly that lol. good song when it came out, but its so over played i want to die.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
The problem with classic rock stations is that there is never anything new to play. They have no choice but to play the same stuff over and over.

As for everything else like new country, They play the same ten songs all day. I don't even listen to my radio anymore.
this!

and yep the rap stations are the same. i use to listen to them more. but they would some times play the same song 3 times in 1 hour. itís like WTF. itís like they only play the latest stuff. not stuff that is like more than 3 months old.

i listen to just about anything. (rock, some rap, country, dubstep.) i usually just get my music off itunes and listen to my ipod.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, iPod and CD's are the way to go. Oddly enough, I have grown to tolerate, maybe even like talk radio just because it is something different. I used to absolutely hate talk radio!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #6
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
I am in complete agreement with you op. Now on my phone i have access to different radio stations from around the country, so i switch it up between new metal and old school and country. So i am happy with that
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #7
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
My radio is off most of the time for these reasons. Weather and traffic then off it goes.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #8
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
Sirius/XM is the way to go.
Haven't listened to commercial FM in 8 years.
I have a portable unit that I swap between 2 vehicles and a boombox in the house.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #9
Ryan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: S.G.F.D
Name: Ryan
Ryan07's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. It's like they don't take the time and look for other songs the band has played over the years. Take ACDC, they have all kinds of good songs that you never hear on the radio and the ones they do play are over played.
I remember one night we were at a hunting camp for the week and the radio station played the same song list two nights in a row, everyone knew what the next song was before it came on. I had to go get satellite radio years ago.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucktales View Post
Sirius/XM is the way to go.
Haven't listened to commercial FM in 8 years.
I have a portable unit that I swap between 2 vehicles and a boombox in the house.
Same here, even if they played the same music the regular radio sounds like crap now compared to satellite radio.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
AC/DC is my all time favorite band and I never hear them. What I get tired of hearing is Gangnam Style, no idea how such a shitty song became so popular and got a billion youtube views, only 2 phrases in it are English and the rest is Korean. I always call it the condom star song, that is what it sounds like anyway lol.