Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Found this guy

Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: San Antonio Fire Department
Name: Fernando
Fern's Tacoma Gallery
Found this guy

Sunday afternoon I found him walking about half a mile from my house with no collar or leash. I called for him and he came right over. He smelled pretty bad but he was very friendly. I called my wife to bring the truck so I could load him up. I normally don't do this with dogs on the streets but I've seen him before being walked by some young teenagers or maybe a bit older I wanna say about a year ago. So I knew his owners lived somewhere in my neighborhood. I brought him back to my house and immediately gave him some food & water and bath. He didn't give me any issues what so ever. Not sure what his health is like, I put him in the kennel to keep him away from my male lab.

Yesterday I took him to the vet almost certain that this dog would have a microchip in him but to my surprise, he didn't. So I had him checked out if he was going to be staying til I find his owners. $167.00 later for exam & antibiotics. He's heartworms negative, hookworms negative & mites negative. The vet agreed that he has been neglected and is a bit malnourished. My main concern is his skin. He has these lesions between his toes on his right front & right rear hind leg, a little irritation to his face and along his rolls in his face. I gave him another bath last night and really got into his paws and face to clean him up. Still he gave me no issues at all. I cleaned up his ears, they were REALLY bad.

We plan on putting signs up for a found dog, don't wanna say what kind cause then everyone in the neighborhood will probably be calling me trying to claim him. I have no problems giving him back to the TRUE owners if they come forth but only if they reimburse us for the vet bill. The problem lies is will they pay if this dog was already neglected to begin with or just say keep him? I don't know honestly. If I do keep him, I question myself if I'm up for the task of his medical needs, financially that is. Also trying to get my lab and him to get along too.

The vet did say that I should find a rescue center for him if I'm not up to the task of his needs. For now, I'm just waiting to see how the week goes trying to find the owners. Here's a pic of em for now.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Poor guy.. we need more people like this in the world.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
strap up. He's meant to be with you. Hes cute as hell.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, dude if i were you, i would keep him. A. i love those dogs B. owners are fuck ups and dont take care of him (which is sad because dogs cant help themselves) C. hes a good puppy. kudos to you for taking good care of him, X2 what Large said. we got our dog from some guy who beat him, i would like to beat the guy who owned him.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
I say keep him and give hime a good home, if no owners are to be found.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
damn..

nice of you. i say keep him! is the dog fixed?
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
Just Enjoy Life!!
Fern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shedFern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fern's Tacoma Gallery
^ Negative
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing of you to do.

I got a question though. You say you'll only return him to the rightful owners if they reimburse you the hundred something for the vet bills, but then state you may not be up to pay for the expenses down the road if you were to keep him? If I were you and the owners claimed him I would let them know what I spent but not expect then to pay or hold him "hostage" over it.

You did the right thing. I would just hate for you to regret keeping him over a hundred some bucks while spending more than that down the road on food and what not.

Need more people out there like you who don't just worry about themselves.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
IrunnIt is on a distinguished road
IrunnIt's Tacoma Gallery
You need to keep those folds clean or his skin will get irritated.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I say keep him (if you can financially), my family found a yellow lab the same way (we new where he came from after taking care of him for a few weeks). brought him to the vet, he had heart worms, ear and eye infections, and a couple other things. this must have been 8 or 9 years ago. We still have him and he is nothing but friendly =D. If you can tell that he was being neglected, then they have no right to have him....Our lab showed up at our house and we could count his ribs along with the heartworms and infections.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Does your Lab not like him?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i say keep him. sounds ike the owners were POS. I would keep him and get him fixed. Also if you do keep him watch his weight don’t let him get to fat! Talt to the fet and ask what would be a good weight for is size and breed. We have a pug thats kinda small for most pugs, and she is about 16 to 18 pounds vet said she is not to fat at all. Most pug i see around 25 some times 30 pounds and can’t hardly move.

I know our dogs have got out and been on/ by the road before but we all ways go get them. (we live up off the road about close to 300 feet or so. and have 5 acres we just walk them out side without a leash.) I know one of the dogs jumped the fence at the old house, that was in a neighborhood.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunnIt View Post
X1000 and smell. talk to the vet about would you should use. they will have some stuff. or i think you can get stuff at like pet smart. Also when you give him a bath make sure you dry them out really well.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #14
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Bullies have a lot of skin issues. As said above, you have to keep the folds of skin clean as well as between the toes. Doggie wipes can help.

If you cannot keep him, please contact a well known rescue. Do not give him to the SPCA and do not try to put him on CL. Bullies are very valuable and immoral people often snatch them up for breeding. I would be happy to help find a rescue that can take care of him. I wish I had the room, I would be all over it myself.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #15
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Damn he is cute. If you were closer........
Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
i hope karma pays you back tenfold because you deserve it and as far as the bully, i would say keep him (if financially feasible), i'd hate for him to go back to his horrible owners and just have everything you've done completely negated. i see you live in sa, i wish i had the space for him. i already have two boxers at home though...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Just Enjoy Life!!

Fern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
I got a question though. You say you'll only return him to the rightful owners if they reimburse you the hundred something for the vet bills, but then state you may not be up to pay for the expenses down the road if you were to keep him? If I were you and the owners claimed him I would let them know what I spent but not expect then to pay or hold him "hostage" over it.
The way the vet was implying that its gonna cost a good amount of money to keep up with his medical needs. She didn't give me a ballpark so I honestly have no idea how much. Cost of food, shampoos , and other misc things don't bother me. I guess it would be more cost of meds and of constant vet visits. My lab now doesn't give me any issues other then being a whiner from time to time.

I wouldn't say I would him hostage, but just seems like that would be appropriate to get reimbursed for helping out even though the owners didnt ask for it in the first place or helping the dog to begin with. It's just one of those touchy subjects for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrunnIt View Post
I think I did a pretty good job last night drying him off after I bathed him. I gave him his antibiotic and put some neosporin on his wounds to help with the healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Does your Lab not like him?
My lab is very territorial at home and is neutered too. They kinda got into it the day I found him. My lab jumped the babygate at the backdoor and rushed the dog. He sniffed him back there and the other didnt like it. My wife and I pulled them apart before they really went at it.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
The way the vet was implying that its gonna cost a good amount of money to keep up with his medical needs. She didn't give me a ballpark so I honestly have no idea how much. Cost of food, shampoos , and other misc things don't bother me. I guess it would be more cost of meds and of constant vet visits. My lab now doesn't give me any issues other then being a whiner from time to time.

I wouldn't say I would him hostage, but just seems like that would be appropriate to get reimbursed for helping out even though the owners didnt ask for it in the first place or helping the dog to begin with. It's just one of those touchy subjects for some.

I think I did a pretty good job last night drying him off after I bathed him. I gave him his antibiotic and put some neosporin on his wounds to help with the healing.

Most lists indicate English Bulldogs as the number 1 most expensive dog breed to maintain healthwise.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
you did the right thing. dont stress about the money, think about the life you're saving instead If his owners lived in your neighborhood and really cared about him I would expect LOST DOG posters on the street lights etc. But I assume you haven't seen anything or you might have contacted them. So maybe giving him back to irresponsible owners isn't the best. He is a cutie, I bet you keep him