1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

30 and younger thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacoMaster44, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    you know what I mean though! if you break shit in moab....its at most a 7-10 mile tow back to town with auto parts stores, garages, and 1000 other off roaders. if you blow a seal in the middle of the shit we did in wyoming and montana...you're effed.

2. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.

pretty much inevitable. Never not had an fantastic time on our trips.

Moab..Magruder/Lolo...The Epic..even the smaller ones with just me and Jon

3. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    there are only like 7 threads. stfu lol

4. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    pssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh

i fixed all that shit haha

i quite literally only had 1 or 2 days i didn't wrench on my truck..or someone elses on the trail..haha AWESOME!!

5. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    basicially. i dont give a shit where we go. just being with everyone in the group makes it a fucking unforgettable epic trip.

6. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    oh dam, my belt is making noise.."look everyone! Im wrenching on my truck hurr durr" better cause a ruckus while everyone is trying to enjoy breakfast.

guys! my truck is literally burning! I think its on fire! (wonder who...)

7. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

shit you have missed half of it haha didn't do Magruder/Lolo or over half of The Epic hahaha you don't know! haha

8. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    As long as I find out at least a couple months ahead of time where and when we're are going, I'm 100% down as long as I can get the days off and nothing comes up...

9. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    get out.

i know enough

10. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Darth_Yota

Darth_Yota I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam-moron
    Somewhere USA
    Vehicle:
    Dented, broken-down ‘08 hoopty
    Ain’t good’nuff for insta
    Oh I know. But I figure filling the bed with camping equipment etc I don't know if I'll have enough room for a bed in there, so rtt is on the list of things, albeit tentatively... For this x-country expedition I don't want to use any hotels, motels, etc. and wheeling it along the way is an inevitability. I don't get to see that part of the country, and want to go as far off the beaten path to really appreciate it.

That's my idea.

I think my truck is set up as a basic expedition rig now, but it's missing a few parts I have to build to make it a little more capable.

I'm open to suggestions, also an update to my definition of expo rig.

11. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
  12. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

haha that belt was freaking annoying..

then the seal..

then the skids..twice..

tire..

CB twice

Dads truck

Other dudes 2nd gen 5100 failure..

LBJ failure

LBJ checks..

was fun.

and yea...that one..was..stupid..haha

13. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    lol. your reasoning is screwed

14. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

for a trip like that..RTT will be perfect. Jason lived out of his for 2+ months and joined up with our crew on The Epic trip. Makes your life much easier. Portable hotel pretty much.

make sure you have a cooking setup you love before you leave. Tail gate is obvious here but adding a swingout with a table is a great addition. Having a fridge/freezer will be amazing too. Those thing will make the trip more ideal for sure.

15. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    i thought yall were my friends

16. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Dang, I need to start buying some things if I want to have a hassle free trip... BoxRocket needs to start making his dang bed racks again!

17. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:52 AM
    Darth_Yota

Darth_Yota I intend to live forever, or die trying.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam-moron
    Somewhere USA
    Vehicle:
    Dented, broken-down ‘08 hoopty
    Ain’t good’nuff for insta
    I agree. My truck as of right now sees more parking lots than trails, and as much as I would love to be wheeling it everyday after class, work, flying.... What have you... Being transportation to my current responsibilities takes precedence.

However my job allows me to build bumpers, skids, racks etc. so my mindset is to outfit it now in between everything else for when the time comes for what I intend to use it for. :D

18. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    No one build an expo rig and doesn't use it. TO pricey not too. Okay..im sure they are some mall crawlers..but yea. If a truck has the right gear then yes. Its a better expo rig. If its not used for that..then that depressing yes, but still more capable..then its more capable..

Id disagree MASSIVELY with that.

Mike and i are both much more armored then you. Thus preventing more damage from things.

Mike and i both carry more parts and tools then you. IM sure your Oh SHit Moment in Moab was a big wake up call for both of those reasons.

You can never not have enough tools and parts with you as you were witness to when my LBJ failed. If i had been a lone. Id have been fucked. No spare bolts, No spare BJ, and yes, no vice grips..though i bet i could have maybe made do with pliers but woulda SUCKED.

But yea, if you have all the gear in the world and don't know how to use it..thats a problem.

But the rig itself is setup great..then its a great rig and you can't deny that.

At the same time, im all for just getting out not matter what kind of rig or vehicle you have. Don't let gear hold you back at all, but KNOW your limits. Thats the key.

Xoverland proved that point in episode 2 when they turned back on a trail..can't view it anymore tho sadly.

19. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    i dont want to lol.

20. Dec 1, 2013 at 12:56 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

just make your own. They aren't rocket science to make..pretty easy really.

AIrforce have a welding shot i can use :p haha ill build ya one over spring break

Products Discussed in

To Top