1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

College kid how do I make cash?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by monsterkx2fiddy, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

monsterkx2fiddy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birthplace of Davy Crockett
    Hopefully it never gets to that point. I don't think it ever will but I think that it could help me so that I have spare cash. if I sold my truck I'd buy a first gen or a sports car. My neighbors have a miata they would sell me but I can't afford it. But it'd be cheap on gas.

I couldn't afford it as a second car

2. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    This has noting to with the thread. I was on a automated call and after a few minutes of BS I said Blowjob. The reply was "looking for employment". This world is going to hell.:D

3. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Bullfrog

Bullfrog "I think I know more than I do."

Member:
    First Name:
    McLaren
    North Bend
    Vehicle:
    98 V6 4x Limited Ugly Canadian Green.
    Accessory Box with CB attached. Alpine Type S front and back. LineX. Bedline SKidplates. In progress: Bilstein 5100s with BFG mudterrains 33x10.5 A/C compressor to Onboard Air compressor mod.
    Flip cars. Stay Away from mechanical due to the risk. You would be amazed how much a nice bath and such will due to the value to a vehicle.

4. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    I am not sure about where you live, but I live in Montana and there are 4 seasons here. Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Construction Season. Haha, they get big projects here in the summer. We repaved a 60 mile stretch of highway last summer, that was the biggest project I was on. Reason being is that the plows really raise hell with the pavement over time and there are so many roads in MT, there's always work in road construction here during the summer. Even into fall too, I could have kept working up until November if I wanted but had to go back to college, they were real busy this year. We had some bad flooding here couple years ago that washed a lot of bridges and roads out so there has been all kinds of work repairing all the damage.

If you can't find something in road construction, look into concrete work. There always seems to be work in that field, I did that summer before last and we were kept busy all summer long. Keep in mind I come from a town of only 5,000 people too, if you live in a bigger place there will be more. Concrete is really hard work also, but is fun, once you learn to finish concrete it is kind of like a art. And it will become of a landmark of your achievements, you can come back in 10 years and show it to your kids or whoever and say, "I poured that floor/sidewalk/curb etc. back when I was in college!"

5. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    Mr.Ed

Mr.Ed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilbur's Barn
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail V6
    Toytec Ulimate W/Dakar leaf pack, LR UCA'S, Undercover, Weather Tech, Block Heater
    I would find what's selling, what's hot. Study it, buy & sell. Right now the arms market is hot but falling fast, some guns are still hot. I made a living on coins and precious metals.

Kid all I can tell you is run the game and don't get in it.:D

6. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    HIst8ofMIND

HIst8ofMIND Defend Hawaii

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD-OR
    What's your skill set? Find a niche and jump on it. Like everyone said. Audio installs to auto detailing or even prostitution if you want.

I've had a few odd jobs over the years to earn extra cash on top of my regular job. My current one is doing private tours. Get paid $10 per hour. $10 per head. Plus tips. The minimum I'd make is $20 for 1 person for 1 hour with no tip.

7. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
  8. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    I'm in the same boat and some are good ideas

9. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
  10. Feb 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    I've been thinking about this as well, how about a moving service? Helping people move their furniture/ect from location to location, charge per mile, whatever you've gotta do to make sure you get gas money+ pocket money, i've been considering doing that this summer, i've got a large trailer my dad will let me borrow, just throwing my 2 cents in mate.

-Cam

11. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    monsterkx2fiddy

monsterkx2fiddy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birthplace of Davy Crockett
    Lots of a good ideas. I think I will start with one idea. See how well it works out. If it gets slow such as detailing etc I will jump to the next one on the list until summers over. Thanks for the Help guys and if you have more ideas/suggestions keep them coming.

12. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    Sub'd for future reference..

Products Discussed in

To Top