LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

anyone have a Dyson?

View Poll Results: do you have a dyson or know someone with 1?
have one, love it 68 62.39%
have one, hate it 4 3.67%
friend/family has .....and hates it 2 1.83%
friend/fam has......... and loves it 14 12.84%
want 1 6 5.50%
ur a jerk, go away 3 2.75%
i haz apple pie 16 14.68%
welcome back 7 6.42%
whats a Dyson? 3 2.75%
my Dyson has a SKEWP, neeeener neeeeener 17 15.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Red face anyone have a Dyson?

Ok, id ask Lisa in her kitchen but I don't know if this will get answered since she's so busy in the garage all the time so ill ask here.

Who has a Dyson, and what do u think about the product and how's the customer service/warranty?

I ordered a Dyson DC41 animal complete.......this month I've spent almost 2 grand on my better half instead of the truck, and this is 1 of the surprises for her (hey she saved, my life in january)

So give it to me real.....I always thought they were overrated but I never used one, so I figured id cave. Our friend does daycare and she's loves her dc41, and my girl has always wanted 1.....I have allergies and these are supposed to be allergy/atshma approved or some crap?

Be honest, even if its a pos.....I don't care. I had a code for $150 off (it was only for 24hrs when I found it and is gone now).

...............GO!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a Dyson for about 5 years and I absolutely love it!! It is great...just keep it clean and it will work as good as it does the very first day. I have not had one problem with mine and I have two dogs. Works just as well on hardwoods as it does on carpet. Good choice!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #3
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
We have a Dyson Animal , it's been great
Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
lowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowercaselong is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
lowercaselong's Tacoma Gallery
I clean my truck with one. Not sure of the model. It's the standard 'ball' swivel model. But it does way better with the extentions then anything I've ever used. Easy cleanup, no bags, sucks great (ha).
Not much of a review, but I love it on mine. Would probably spring for a car edition model.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
we have had 2 over the years. I liked both really well. I think mom messed up the 2nd one(just sucks all kinds of stuff up with it, like pens, plastic, socks, paper clips. she is really hard on it, bangs it into the wall all the time.) I always tried to clean big stuff up, and not vacuum it up not bang it into the wall.

mom got a shark and she likes it more now. idk it’s ok. it tips over all the damn time when using the wand. pisses me off. the dyson would not fall over it would kinda roll/slide along if you moved some using the wand.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Dyson Animal for 10 years now and still going strong.

Best vacuum I've owned, by far.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Dyson animal as well although I got the canister (DC39), just because I like them better. It has been amazing, we had recently aquired a dog and our old vaccum crapped out right away. Decided to bite the bullet when I saw $100 bucks off after Christmas. Totally worth it. Just the fact that you can see how much crap is being sucked up into it makes a huge difference. Super easy to clean and really user friendly over all. When I first picked it up, I thought it felt light and cheap, but I havent managed to dent it yet.

One thing to note is if you are planning on using it on your animal, get ready to hold that sucker down. My dog hates the vaccum, but the grooming tool works really well, just have a bully stick or a bag of treats near by.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome input so far peeps, thank you!

Don't be shy if u hate Dyson......im fine with ur opinons.

Just treat this as a cold air intake discussion.....I am, so I know that ppl are gunna have different opinions..like I said, I always turned my nose up at them and did my best to try and discredit them....any info I seen about negative reviews, id use those and say "see, they suck"

Now I wanna know what u guys/ladies think so bring on the love or hate and be honest, don't think about posting and worrying u may offend someone....bring me ur opinions, I want honesty. Just please no fighting, id hate to see this locked
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Dyson vacs are the best. end of story

dc25 ball here, from stem to stern a fine piece of engineering and
it does the job well
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
a friend of mine had 3 Dyson vacuums, and she wasn't very impressed with them. After tons of research I settled on hey Hoover Platinum up right. no filters to clean, and suction remains constant.the Hoover ranked higher than the Dyson on Consumer Reports.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I have the DC07, one of the originals and the wand deal has tons of suction, but the carpet sucker head thing is terrible. It rides over my carpet and just pushes the dirt in front of the vacuum. Not impressed but I got it for free.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I have the purple dyson I think it's the DC25 Animal. Not sure of the model though. It's been great. I did have on issue about 2 years into owning it, the motor that turns the brush started failing and eventually wouldn't even turn. Suction still worked just no brush. It turns out that the brush on the bottom is like a whole separate piece and Dyson sent me a new one. Still working great 4 years later.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #14

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
a friend of mine had 3 Dyson vacuums, and she wasn't very impressed with them. After tons of research I settled on hey Hoover Platinum up right. no filters to clean, and suction remains constant.the Hoover ranked higher than the Dyson on Consumer Reports.
Thanks man....an honest thumbs down opinion. I appreciate the honesty, thank u for crossing that bridge, and now others may see im not offended by dyson negative comments.
That's funny cuz we have a bissel that scored way above the dyson at the time, 6yrs ago based on consumer reports. It said they sucked at cleaning pet fur, even the existing "animal" line back then.

Bu that was the only basis I needed was 1 nay at the times...it did save us $400 and I was eager to dismiss dyson for the $$ reason and that consumer report helped me get out of buying 1 for the other half
Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I have never owned a Datsun...

oh you mean Dyson?

Well.. My mom loves hers, if I recall she has had it for 5-8 years and vacuums 1-2 times a week.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
nomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to beholdnomad_archer is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
I have not idea why consumer reports would say the "animal" couldnt suck up pet hair. Mine has done an outstanding job especially when my 2 dogs blow their under coat. But no problem with mine what so ever. The best vac I have owned. I dont put too much weight in consumer reports as they are like everything else biased
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #17
DikDikerson is on a distinguished road
Name: Devon
DikDikerson's Tacoma Gallery
We've had the canister dyson for 5 years now and it's great. Sucks up the dog fur with ease from carpet or hardwood, it doesn't loose suction as promised, it even rolled down the stairs a few times and no ill effects. Great product and worth the money IMO.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #18
Must pay wife for safe passage
mudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Mark
Location: Somewhere between where Arizona blows and Texas sucks!
mudpuppet's Tacoma Gallery
We have the DC-33 model and it is by far the best vacuum we have ever owned. Just make sure to cut out any hair or strings that get bound up on the bottom. Easy to use quick disconnects, large canister and incredible suction. I hear the Animal model is even better.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #19
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I've had 2 Dysons over the past 10 years or so. Trust me you'll never go back to another vacuum. Its the best tool for the job. (Did that sound manly enough?)
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Ok, id ask Lisa in her kitchen but I don't know if this will get answered since she's so busy in the garage all the time so ill ask here.

Who has a Dyson, and what do u think about the product and how's the customer service/warranty?

I ordered a Dyson DC41 animal complete.......this month I've spent almost 2 grand on my better half instead of the truck, and this is 1 of the surprises for her (hey she saved, my life in january)

So give it to me real.....I always thought they were overrated but I never used one, so I figured id cave. Our friend does daycare and she's loves her dc41, and my girl has always wanted 1.....I have allergies and these are supposed to be allergy/atshma approved or some crap?

Be honest, even if its a pos.....I don't care. I had a code for $150 off (it was only for 24hrs when I found it and is gone now).

...............GO!
First off . You assume just 'cuz I'm a girl I know about these things? I thought you were better than that Brockoli!
Second, a vacuum as a gift? Well unless she asked for one... Not very romantic-like. You could do better for a gift.

Lastly, my mom has one and loves it. Not sure of the model though. I hate it. Feels cheap to me. Plus I hate the whole upright handle is also the detachable wand.

I have one like this...works great and never had an issue. Plus it costs a fraction of Dyson. The first time I used it I was like I think I moved the vacuum a foot and had a dust bunny the size of a grapefruit already! I couldn't believe what my old vacuum had missed! I promptly went on a 3 hour vacuuming marathon and cleaned every square inch of my floors as I was disgusted by the filthiness of my place