1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anyone have a Dyson?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Justus, Feb 25, 2013.

?

do you have a dyson or know someone with 1?

1. have one, love it

62.4%
  2. have one, hate it

3.7%
  3. friend/family has .....and hates it

1.8%
  4. friend/fam has......... and loves it

12.8%
  5. want 1

5.5%
  6. ur a jerk, go away

2.8%
  7. i haz apple pie

14.7%
  8. welcome back

6.4%
  9. whats a Dyson?

2.8%
  10. my Dyson has a SKEWP, neeeener neeeeener

15.6%
  1. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    Justus

Justus [OP] fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Ok, id ask Lisa in her kitchen but I don't know if this will get answered since she's so busy in the garage all the time :cool: so ill ask here.

Who has a Dyson, and what do u think about the product and how's the customer service/warranty?

I ordered a Dyson DC41 animal complete.......this month I've spent almost 2 grand on my better half instead of the truck, and this is 1 of the surprises for her (hey she saved, my life in january)

So give it to me real.....I always thought they were overrated but I never used one, so I figured id cave. Our friend does daycare and she's loves her dc41, and my girl has always wanted 1.....I have allergies and these are supposed to be allergy/atshma approved or some crap?

Be honest, even if its a pos.....I don't care. I had a code for $150 off (it was only for 24hrs when I found it and is gone now).

...............GO!

2. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    Doc4216

Doc4216 Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '14 FJ
    I have had a Dyson for about 5 years and I absolutely love it!! It is great...just keep it clean and it will work as good as it does the very first day. I have not had one problem with mine and I have two dogs. Works just as well on hardwoods as it does on carpet. Good choice!

3. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    We have a Dyson Animal , it's been great

4. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    lowercaselong

lowercaselong Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Sr5 PreRunner
    OEM Skid Plate, Blacked out front emblem
    I clean my truck with one. Not sure of the model. It's the standard 'ball' swivel model. But it does way better with the extentions then anything I've ever used. Easy cleanup, no bags, sucks great (ha).
    Not much of a review, but I love it on mine. Would probably spring for a car edition model.

5. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    we have had 2 over the years. I liked both really well. I think mom messed up the 2nd one(just sucks all kinds of stuff up with it, like pens, plastic, socks, paper clips. she is really hard on it, bangs it into the wall all the time.) I always tried to clean big stuff up, and not vacuum it up not bang it into the wall.

mom got a shark and she likes it more now. idk it’s ok. it tips over all the damn time when using the wand. pisses me off. the dyson would not fall over it would kinda roll/slide along if you moved some using the wand.

6. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    We have had one since they first started getting real popular and love it. It has taken the abuse of cleaning up after two dogs and 4 birds with no issues. Regular filter changes and preventative maint and it is as good today as it was when we bought it.

7. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    deez

deez Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    The I.E. - SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2002 V6 SR5 TRD 4WD
    Too many to list
    I've had my Dyson Animal for 10 years now and still going strong.

Best vacuum I've owned, by far.

8. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    I have the Dyson animal as well although I got the canister (DC39), just because I like them better. It has been amazing, we had recently aquired a dog and our old vaccum crapped out right away. Decided to bite the bullet when I saw $100 bucks off after Christmas. Totally worth it. Just the fact that you can see how much crap is being sucked up into it makes a huge difference. Super easy to clean and really user friendly over all. When I first picked it up, I thought it felt light and cheap, but I havent managed to dent it yet.

One thing to note is if you are planning on using it on your animal, get ready to hold that sucker down. My dog hates the vaccum, but the grooming tool works really well, just have a bully stick or a bag of treats near by.

9. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Awesome input so far peeps, thank you!

Don't be shy if u hate Dyson......im fine with ur opinons.

Just treat this as a cold air intake discussion.....I am, so I know that ppl are gunna have different opinions..like I said, I always turned my nose up at them and did my best to try and discredit them....any info I seen about negative reviews, id use those and say "see, they suck"

Now I wanna know what u guys/ladies think so bring on the love or hate and be honest, don't think about posting and worrying u may offend someone....bring me ur opinions, I want honesty. Just please no fighting, id hate to see this locked :(

10. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    Dyson vacs are the best. end of story

dc25 ball here, from stem to stern a fine piece of engineering and
    it does the job well

11. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    a friend of mine had 3 Dyson vacuums, and she wasn't very impressed with them. After tons of research I settled on hey Hoover Platinum up right. no filters to clean, and suction remains constant.the Hoover ranked higher than the Dyson on Consumer Reports.

12. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    I have the DC07, one of the originals and the wand deal has tons of suction, but the carpet sucker head thing is terrible. It rides over my carpet and just pushes the dirt in front of the vacuum. Not impressed but I got it for free.

13. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I have the purple dyson I think it's the DC25 Animal. Not sure of the model though. It's been great. I did have on issue about 2 years into owning it, the motor that turns the brush started failing and eventually wouldn't even turn. Suction still worked just no brush. It turns out that the brush on the bottom is like a whole separate piece and Dyson sent me a new one. Still working great 4 years later.

14. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    Justus

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    stockish
    Thanks man....an honest thumbs down opinion. I appreciate the honesty, thank u for crossing that bridge, and now others may see im not offended by dyson negative comments.
    That's funny cuz we have a bissel that scored way above the dyson at the time, 6yrs ago based on consumer reports. It said they sucked at cleaning pet fur, even the existing "animal" line back then.

Bu that was the only basis I needed was 1 nay at the times...it did save us $400 and I was eager to dismiss dyson for the $$ reason and that consumer report helped me get out of buying 1 for the other half :)

15. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    I have never owned a Datsun...

oh you mean Dyson? :eek:

Well.. My mom loves hers, if I recall she has had it for 5-8 years and vacuums 1-2 times a week.

16. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    I have not idea why consumer reports would say the "animal" couldnt suck up pet hair. Mine has done an outstanding job especially when my 2 dogs blow their under coat. But no problem with mine what so ever. The best vac I have owned. I dont put too much weight in consumer reports as they are like everything else biased

17. Feb 25, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    DikDikerson

DikDikerson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devon
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    13' 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport
    We've had the canister dyson for 5 years now and it's great. Sucks up the dog fur with ease from carpet or hardwood, it doesn't loose suction as promised, it even rolled down the stairs a few times and no ill effects. Great product and worth the money IMO.

18. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    mudpuppet

mudpuppet Must pay wife for safe passage

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Somewhere between where Arizona blows and Texas su
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Mist Metallic 03 Taco, X-CAB 4X4 TRD
    American Racing 16X8 Bully Nerf Bars, Toytec 3" w/ Eibach Coils 5100's, Dakars, Poly steering bushings, billet x-cab window latch, XM, trenz billet upper grille, billet lower grille, TRD Skid Plate
    We have the DC-33 model and it is by far the best vacuum we have ever owned. Just make sure to cut out any hair or strings that get bound up on the bottom. Easy to use quick disconnects, large canister and incredible suction. I hear the Animal model is even better.

19. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    I've had 2 Dysons over the past 10 years or so. Trust me you'll never go back to another vacuum. Its the best tool for the job. (Did that sound manly enough?)

20. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    First off :mad:. You assume just 'cuz I'm a girl I know about these things? I thought you were better than that Brockoli!
    Second, a vacuum as a gift? Well unless she asked for one... :smack: Not very romantic-like. You could do better for a gift.

Lastly, my mom has one and loves it. Not sure of the model though. I hate it. Feels cheap to me. Plus I hate the whole upright handle is also the detachable wand.

I have one like this...works great and never had an issue. Plus it costs a fraction of Dyson. The first time I used it I was like :eek: I think I moved the vacuum a foot and had a dust bunny the size of a grapefruit already! I couldn't believe what my old vacuum had missed! I promptly went on a 3 hour vacuuming marathon and cleaned every square inch of my floors as I was disgusted by the filthiness of my place

Products Discussed in

To Top